Why is the NC touchscreen so terrible on the edges?

Search This thread

aeidian

Oct 21, 2010
Seems like any rom I use (currently on cm7.2 rc1 mirage) and every one of them are terrible when I have to touch something on the edge. Like dolphin HD browser. It always takes 4 or more tries to hit the refresh button. Using speedial or desktop toggle from the slide out addons pane is just as bad.

Sent from my NookColor using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

aeidian

Oct 21, 2010
Wasn't aware that existed. I can't say I notice any difference. The refresh button in dolphin is like roulette. Was the program supposed to do anything besides flash a blank screen for a bit then reset? I thought it was gonna be a touch here and there to calibrate thing.

mopsuestia

Sep 9, 2011
Wasn't aware that existed. I can't say I notice any difference. The refresh button in dolphin is like roulette. Was the program supposed to do anything besides flash a blank screen for a bit then reset? I thought it was gonna be a touch here and there to calibrate thing.

What you saw was it. No "touch here" buttons. It helps but sensitivity at the edges will still likely be not quite as good as elsewhere on the screen. Better but not perfect.

boomn

Feb 2, 2011
The Nook Color's digitizer hardware and/or firmware is simply not as good as what's on other phones and tablets

bobstro

Jun 6, 2009
That's it. It's pretty simple. You might also try a higher dpi setting. I found the NOOK app frustrating on CM using defaults -- I couldn't click the settings button -- but with a higher dpi (I like 220), it works fine. Everything's bigger, which I prefer anyhow.

There are a lot of programs to set dpi, but I use "LCD Resolution".

koopakid08

Jun 24, 2011
Myself and many other NC owners have found that using a screen protector helps with the sensitivity of the screen. I won't say it's perfect but it is a lot better than without one.

Sent from space

joeuser846

Dec 12, 2011
The irony is that the single worst example for this problem is the Android Nook app. It almost guarantees to drive you to the Amazon book store. I suspect B&N think they are "punishing" us for rooting, but it's only they who suffer. You listening B&N? Fix the top right buttons on your app under CM7 please. I want to use your store but it is just too painful.

NCKevo

Jun 21, 2011
The irony is that the single worst example for this problem is the Android Nook app... You listening B&N? Fix the top right buttons on your app under CM7 please. I want to use your store but it is just too painful.
Absolutely, I agree with you all the way, their 'shop' button is impossible to press.