[APP] MPAtool - add artist backgrounds to your media library

Search This thread

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
mpatoollow.png

With MPAtool you can search for artist backgrounds and add them to your music library.
You can use the huge database from last.fm or any image stored on your device to beautify your music experience.

There are two attach modes available:
manual attach - to add a single picture
auto attach - to download pictures for your entire music collection

Later releases will include the option to import and export folders from your skydrive or dropbox account.

For now it's not possible to change existing pictures so you have to remove all the artists music first and add it again to make a 'picture reset'.

Download

Support me by voting for my app on the Lumia-Geek Challange
http://windowsphonegeek.com/lumia-geek-8-week-challenge/mpatool

ihrqrcodeohnelogo.jpg

Last edited:

poloche

Jul 17, 2009
My feedback...

Nice tool, same as WP7, you're the king man !! :)

PS : with WP8 device and 768 x 1280 resolution, can you add this resolution max in the quality settings?

LawofA

May 14, 2005
Great tool!!!
I have been using for a couple of hours. It works as intended to and I personally like the manual attachment of images. Is there a way to automatically delete the dummy MPA files? One more request, do you have it in your plans to add album images?
Thanks.

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
Great tool!!!
I have been using for a couple of hours. It works as intended to and I personally like the manual attachment of images. Is there a way to automatically delete the dummy MPA files? One more request, do you have it in your plans to add album images?
Thanks.

Thanks for your feedback.
You are right, the dummy files are annoying but I don't know any way to delete them, sorry.
The next version will bring the new feature of adding album covers/images, yes :)

If you want to support my work I would be pleased if you vote for my app on the lumia-geek challange:

Narathan

Dec 24, 2010
You are right, the dummy files are annoying but I don't know any way to delete them, sorry.
The next version will bring the new feature of adding album covers/images, yes :)

If you want to support my work I would be pleased if you vote for my app on the lumia-geek challange:

Album art? Next update?! This is like a wet dream, only better because its actually true :good:

And deleting dummy files is as easy as mounting your phone in windows and delete the dummy file in your music folder - it doesn't bother me much to be honest.

Keep up the good work, I'll give you five stars and a vote!

Reactions: ne0cr0n

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
Album art? Next update?! This is like a wet dream, only better because its actually true :good:

And deleting dummy files is as easy as mounting your phone in windows and delete the dummy file in your music folder - it doesn't bother me much to be honest.

Thank you! :)
Even on the phone it's easy to delete. I just found out that you can open the application bar and pick "select all" to delete if you are in selection mode (with these check boxes).
I thought about adding a small "welcome screen/tutorial" in a coming version like I did in the homebrew v 1.x
The album art feature is ready to test but needs some work because it's kind of slow on collections with many albums having no album art. I think I will push an update to the beta channel next week.

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
Great app. Working nicely. Got a number of albums w/o images - well not anymore... Thank you. Looking forward to update, eg autodeleting dummy files.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using XDA Windows Phone App

Autodeleting dummy files will not work without access to the file system or a method given to us by Microsoft to delete songs from the MediaLibrary.
So don't expect this function in the near future. Sorry about that :(

thanchetmy

Mar 8, 2010
Did i miss something

i am not sure if this is just me or what.
When i was trying to add custom image for certain artist, i select the image from my picture hub, but it seems not to save it. The selected artist is still not being assigned with the picture. Please help.

What i did
select custom picture -> select the artist -> select the custom picture -> select the atach button at the bottom (not sure if this is right). But the artist does not really change

Please advise

Last edited:

ne0cr0n

Nov 13, 2009
i am not sure if this is just me or what.
When i was trying to add custom image for certain artist, i select the image from my picture hub, but it seems not to save it. The selected artist is still not being assigned with the picture. Please help.

What i did
select custom picture -> select the artist -> select the custom picture -> select the atach button at the bottom (not sure if this is right). But the artist does not really change

Please advise

Is there already an image attached to the artist (a default image from the xbox music data base), or just the normal gray background ?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    mpatoollow.png

With MPAtool you can search for artist backgrounds and add them to your music library.
    You can use the huge database from last.fm or any image stored on your device to beautify your music experience.

There are two attach modes available:
    manual attach - to add a single picture
    auto attach - to download pictures for your entire music collection

Later releases will include the option to import and export folders from your skydrive or dropbox account.

For now it's not possible to change existing pictures so you have to remove all the artists music first and add it again to make a 'picture reset'.

Download

Support me by voting for my app on the Lumia-Geek Challange

ihrqrcodeohnelogo.jpg
    Version 3.1.2 is available for download in the store !
    Wow this is very nice! Can't wait to try this!

Btw, here's the generic app link for auto-redirect to your regional WP Store. http://www.windowsphone.com/s?AppID=9cc69d32-f030-4438-92ab-1a867448dbdb
    Great tool!!!
    Thanks.