[-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 06/02/13)

Search This thread

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
I have a T889 which had CM10.1 nightly installed. It had significant issues (no bluetooth streaming tags, video problems in some apps) so I wanted to try stock. I restarted in recovery mode and installed T889UVALL4 deodexed, cleared the cache and the dalvik cache and restarted. Now my phone is stuck in a reboot loop. What did I do wrong? Did I do something REALLY stupid?

Per the instructions, wipe the phone and reset to defaults. Happened to me too. Luckily, my backups are good, so the only real chore for me is setting up my screens with Nova Prime.

YMMV.

Reactions: LordJohnWhorfin
Jul 26, 2006
Per the instructions, wipe the phone and reset to defaults. Happened to me too. Luckily, my backups are good, so the only real chore for me is setting up my screens with Nova Prime.

YMMV.

Thanks. I was able to restore stock using Kies, wiping everything -- not an issue, since I just got the phone and I'm trying to figure out which ROM I like best. So far, I really like CM10.1 but it's just too flaky in areas that matter to me. AOKP is even worse. I'm sure they'll get better in time, the phone is really new. The stock firmware is ugly, but stable and has some cool extra features like split screen and floating windows. I also noticed that the Vulkano streaming app works great in high quality mode, whereas on CM10 only normal quality works right. I think I'll wait for a CM10 RC before switching back -- and I'll do a wipe first! Thanks for your help :)

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
Thanks. I was able to restore stock using Kies, wiping everything -- not an issue, since I just got the phone and I'm trying to figure out which ROM I like best. So far, I really like CM10.1 but it's just too flaky in areas that matter to me. AOKP is even worse. I'm sure they'll get better in time, the phone is really new. The stock firmware is ugly, but stable and has some cool extra features like split screen and floating windows. I also noticed that the Vulkano streaming app works great in high quality mode, whereas on CM10 only normal quality works right. I think I'll wait for a CM10 RC before switching back -- and I'll do a wipe first! Thanks for your help :)

My best suggestion for your situation is to buy Nova Prime, and spend 2-3 hours setting it up exactly how you want it. Not only arranging icons, but setting up swype commands per icon (ie when I press the sms icon it brings up my messaging app, but when I swype it, it brings up a new message). Then, back up via Nova, and move that backup file to your microsd card. I tend to simply restore (via titanium backup) only the apps + data, and not an entire system, which seems to be the easiest way to come back after a full system wipe.

YMMV

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 01/26/13)

Does anyone know what .zip I need to download? Running stock but still getting modified on the status. Im using the LL4A. Thanks.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Re: [-::STOCK::-] SGH-T889 Factory Images, Roms, Kernels, & Modems (Updated 01/26/13)

Does anyone know what .zip I need to download? Running stock but still getting modified on the status. Im using the LL4A. Thanks.

That's because you are rooted and have custom recovery installed. It's normal.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission

That's because you are rooted and have custom recovery installed. It's normal.

But I didnt install a custom recovery or anything...I also used trianle away and still I un installed supersu and still. I downloaded a firmware from here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1969551. Does it have the radio or its just the software so I can flash it on odin?

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I downloaded the one from link 2.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Its about 1.26 gb. And I extract it and its a md5 and a dll. Something.

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
But I didnt install a custom recovery or anything...I also used trianle away and still I un installed supersu and still. I downloaded a firmware from here... http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1969551. Does it have the radio or its just the software so I can flash it on odin?

---------- Post added at 10:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

I downloaded the one from link 2.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:07 PM ----------

Its about 1.26 gb. And I extract it and its a md5 and a dll. Something.

So right now you have no su and no custom recovery correct? You did triangle away after removing su right? Install the tar via odin one more time and see if it clears it up.

Reactions: Galaxysm

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission

So right now you have no su and no custom recovery correct? You did triangle away after removing su right? Install the tar via odin one more time and see if it clears it up.

Yeah I dont have anything of that. And also I did it before. Doesnt it need root?

T-Macgnolia

Sep 30, 2010
Shannon, Ms.
Hey I can not get the deodexed ROM to download. I want to install this rom because right now I am on the 4.1.1 ROM with the T889UVALK8 baseband. I am rooted and have a custom recovery installed but still on stock. I want to get the updraded ROM plus i want a deodexed ROM so I can try porting a mode to our device. But I can not get the ROM to download, it will not even start the download from either link. Can you help me put here friend?

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
Hey I can not get the deodexed ROM to download. I want to install this rom because right now I am on the 4.1.1 ROM with the T889UVALK8 baseband. I am rooted and have a custom recovery installed but still on stock. I want to get the updraded ROM plus i want a deodexed ROM so I can try porting a mode to our device. But I can not get the ROM to download, it will not even start the download from either link. Can you help me put here friend?

The links are working fine for me. Try a different computer.

Reactions: T-Macgnolia

christian666

Apr 26, 2011
Hi there.

Whats the difference between

Factory Image_-::-_ Odexed _-::-_ Deodexed _-::-_ Kernel _-::-_ Modem

mainly the difference between odexed and deodexed?

i assume that kernel is the kernel for the rom
and
the modem
is the software for the modem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now another question

I have a rooted t889 and with clockmod on stock rom as far as I know

on android version

baseaband version

t88uvalk8

if I want to update to the baseband t889uvall4, which is the latest t mobile stock rom(with recent security patch) at the moment.

what should I flash and how?

in order so I can update to the latest t mobile stock rom and at the same time keeping my application (apps)

thank you

Strapt

May 1, 2009
cant download it

I am trying to download the newest Modem. I am doing it on the computer and all it does is just count down .. over and over and over .. but never downloads.

Then I try and do it on the phone thru goomanager and after the countdown it says invalid MD5 and it doesnt download.

any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the help.

also .. is there a way to update the Software version and the baseband version at the same time to the same version ...or is it just flashing one and then the other? Thanks again.

EDIT .. now the phone says the server is offline.. but only with the modem link .. so maybe thats what is going on .. will try later.

Last edited:

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL
I am trying to download the newest Modem. I am doing it on the computer and all it does is just count down .. over and over and over .. but never downloads.

Then I try and do it on the phone thru goomanager and after the countdown it says invalid MD5 and it doesnt download.

any idea what might be going on? Thanks for the help.

also .. is there a way to update the Software version and the baseband version at the same time to the same version ...or is it just flashing one and then the other? Thanks again.

EDIT .. now the phone says the server is offline.. but only with the modem link .. so maybe thats what is going on .. will try later.

Flash one at a time. Goo.im is working fine for me. Try a different browser.

Scartaris12

Feb 21, 2012

Running into the same issue as galaxysm.....

ODIN'd stock firmware
Rooted Via chainfire method
Ran triangle away
Unrooted via SuperSU
Factory reset

After using triangle away I can confirm in download mode that everything is good to go. But as soon as I unroot via SuperSU and reboot, it comes back modified again.

I tried to use triangle away AFTER unrooting....but the app wont run without root.

So I'm a bit confused on how to get it to stay non-modified after unrooting. I even tried not letting it boot up and did a factory reset in stock recovery before rebooting but still same results.

gselsidi

May 21, 2009
Noob question if I flash the stock factory image with odin, that will install the kernel and modem also correct?

Gack69

Nov 30, 2011
Louisville

I believe these files are flashable through recovery only. I also think he has them individually, cuz the image itself does not contain kernel or modem.

teshxx

Jul 19, 2010
FL

Noob question if I flash the stock factory image with odin, that will install the kernel and modem also correct?

I believe these files are flashable through recovery only. I also think he has them individually, cuz the image itself does not contain kernel or modem.

Flash factory image via Odin. Rest of them via recovery (cwm or twrp).

If you flash factory image, it will include everything (ie modem, kernel, system.img etc).

jongcruz

Oct 29, 2009
New York
Moto G Stylus 5G
Here we go....

Hi there.

Whats the difference between

Factory Image_-::-_ Odexed _-::-_ Deodexed _-::-_ Kernel _-::-_ Modem

mainly the difference between odexed and deodexed?

i assume that kernel is the kernel for the rom
and
the modem
is the software for the modem.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now another question

I have a rooted t889 and with clockmod on stock rom as far as I know

on android version

baseaband version

t88uvalk8

if I want to update to the baseband t889uvall4, which is the latest t mobile stock rom(with recent security patch) at the moment.

what should I flash and how?

in order so I can update to the latest t mobile stock rom and at the same time keeping my application (apps)

thank you

There is more technical explanation to this, but the easiest way to find out is to use root and root explorer and in your phone's /system/app normally you have the .apk and coresponding .odex to every application inside your phone. Deodexed rom (mostly Custom Rom) don't have .odex files.

Deodexed is like decompiling the application (java..etc.) and recompiling it at the same time so that the apps will work even without the .odex file. Once your rom is deodexed you can modify the look of your phone, like adding custom theme for example. this is AFAIK.

Top Liked Posts