How to disable QSlide bar from notification dropdown.

Search This thread

WACOMalt

Jul 31, 2009
Google Pixel 6
Here's a quick image I whipped up to show you how to turn off the annoying QSlide apps bar in the notification dropdown.

Sorry if everyone already knew this, but I just now figured it out, so I figured maybe others could benefit too.
disableqslide.jpg

superhtchd2

May 23, 2010
How did you get the brightness and sound sliders off? I can't figure out how to remove them from the drop down.

Sent from my LG-D801 using xda app-developers app

superhtchd2

May 23, 2010
Here's what I mean ..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1379463944671.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1379463944671.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2,792

Dchibro

Jul 28, 2011
San Diego, CA
How did you get the brightness and sound sliders off? I can't figure out how to remove them from the drop down.

I'm guessing the OP has the Verizon version, and you have the AT&T version (like me). Verizon removed them from the notification window but AT&T did not.

Edit - I just saw your T-Mobile tag in your shot. Looks like T-Mobile didn't either.

cybrvipr23

Jun 15, 2010
Here's a quick image I whipped up to show you how to turn off the annoying QSlide apps bar in the notification dropdown.

Sorry if everyone already knew this, but I just now figured it out, so I figured maybe others could benefit too.

Thanks a bunch. This annoyed me to no end. Another thing to check off the list that I hate/hated about the phone.

Last edited:

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I have a feeling that the sprint, tmobile and att versions all will have the annoying sound and brightness bars. I want to disable them with a passion. There has to be a way to disable them via custom ROM.

Sent from my Motorola Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

droidiac13

Jul 19, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Thank you, thank you, thank you! This drove me nuts! I did notice that if you didn't have the QSlide showing in the quick settings you must. Then turn it off once it is in quick settings and remove from quick settings after that. That's the only way I found to get QSlide to go away.

Jishnu Sur™

Nov 25, 2012
ND-BL-MB-KL
Check out the themes section..

Edit: removing those is a cake walk..but the main problem is the themes section is a mess..

Sent from mobile

JayfromBK86

Sep 4, 2010
Thanks for this tip. Now my notification dropdown is a little less cluttered. Nice.

Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

G

GuestK00261

Can anyone confirm that the remove QSlide apps works for the AT&T one? I can deal with the volume and brightness, but this is too much...

Top Liked Posts