[APP][Anti-Theft](GetIMEI)Retrieve IMEI of stolen phone via sms (Update 06/04/2014)

Is there any potential in this app?

• Yes ! Its awesome and it can be better...

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • With a little effort, yes...

Votes: 7 25.0%
  • If you get lucky , maybe....

Votes: 4 14.3%
  • NO!!

Votes: 3 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

hsay

May 18, 2012
pune
No flaming here, but some may have already lost their phones (like me). You can find your IMEI from your Google account settings, just go to Google, click on your profile pic, click on account, go to dashboard, click devices and you'll see your IMEI listed for all your previous devices. You can also see when it was last used, and check your location history for a place...

Also, everyone should activate androids built in phone tracker/locker, I sure wish I had on my HTC One m7 :(

I appreciate your understanding and that info is very helpful for those who have lost their phones....thanx

Masrepus

Feb 12, 2013
Ok update fixed layout!
a4y5uzab.jpg

Btw, fade in and fade out animation look lovely ;)
Also tested functionality, imei sending works, but all others please note that when setting phone number dont put blanks anywhere in the number and use the international variant:
+1234567890 instead of
+12 345 67890
If you dont do that app will not work properly

---------------------------------
Phone : Nexus 4
Pure KitKat 4.4.2 stock, no root, no mods (but only for the first time ;D)

Gesendet von Tapatalk

Reactions: hsay

hsay

May 18, 2012
pune
Ok update fixed layout!
a4y5uzab.jpg

Btw, fade in and fade out animation look lovely ;)
Also tested functionality, imei sending works, but all others please note that when setting phone number dont put blanks anywhere in the number and use the international variant:
+1234567890 instead of
+12 345 67890
If you dont do that app will not work properly

Phone : Nexus 4
Pure KitKat 4.4.2 stock, no root, no mods (but only for the first time ;D)

Gesendet von Tapatalk
Thanks for your support and understanding....

adding some screenshots to this sure would entice more users to download your app. Just saying.

Congrats though. :good:
Will do...once my mom gives my phone back to me....:cyclops::p

hsay

May 18, 2012
pune
I have made major progress regarding the application....
It can now detect the change of sim card and sms the new number and the new sim serial automatically to the backup number....
(the above feature has a few problems though...for example:
Go to Settings>>about phone>> status>>my phone number
If it shows unknown then the feature may not work...
But you can try this....
Go to Dialer>>Settings>>additional settings>>My phone number>>set your phone number
Now go back and check about phone and your phone number should be the same that you set through the dialer

Now change sim card and then check about phone>>my phone number
Here is the problem Phone number of the device is not a dynamic variable so it will still show the old number or unknown on a few phones
BUT
If the new number is being displayed properly then the feature will work

To get the feature working you dont have to do anything....the app takes care of it itself....

Even if it is not able to send the new phone number it should be able to send the new sim serial ( this one is a dynamic variable)

Please try and report ....will update link soon...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Major Update (06/04/2014)

What the hell is this for? / What is this app?
    Sometimes your lovely little device ( usually running a rom like Cyanogenmod or Omni etc.) is envied by the virgins of the dev community.
    And sometimes i.e. very seldom this phone, this piece of your daily life that contains all the data as it is privy to your life gets stolen.
    And most of the times such cases are complained to the police , who probably do an investigation (for a few minutes by asking you color and company ) and then say that without IMEI number the phone cannot be tracked .
    Well even if you lost the IMEI you havent lost hope....
    So I made this very simple and minimal app , which might find the spark and reignite the fire.
    Its a very easy to use app (cause its my first app and i couldnt do much XD)

Just to clear up all those who are waiting to flame just cause the app was featured on xda portal.... i would like to say that:
    A. This is my very first app
    B. Thank you for your support and constructive criticism is always appreciated
    C. This app cannot survive flashing of a new rom nor data wipe (even if it is set as system app)
    D. I live in india and not many thieves know about such flashing and stuff.
    E. I will develop this app more in free time and also try to learn from so many other members.
    F. I have updated to a mediafire link (new update) should fix layout (not sure)
    E. Please do help in anyway you can .

Thank you...
    Flaming , Blaming will NOT be tolerated ... you dont like it dont use it....simple.

Instructions:

1. Specify a backup number
    2. If your phone gets stolen and IMEI is lost , simply send an SMS to the phone that is lost from the specified backup number
    3. GetIMEI will entertain trigger only from the specified number and will then send the IMEI to this number (Specified Backup Number)
    4. Give this to the police and they will forward it to various phone companies ...
    5. Now as soon as the theif uses the phone for any call or sms (even if he has NOW changed the sim card) , his location will be informed to the police.
    6. And he will be caught.
    7.Enjoy! I mean....I hope you find your phone soon.

Should work on ALL DEVICES

Requirements:

1.Android Phone
    2.Android version 2.1+
    Well that's it , theorotically it should work on all devices and all android version above 2.1

Features:

1.Remotely Retrieve IMEI
    2.Get remote notification of sim change via sms (for now works on limited phones)
    3. Get the new sim number and sim serial
    4.More to come

Tested on/ Working device list:

Galaxy mini
    LGoptimus L7 (p705 & p770)
    Galaxy Ace

Downloads:

Please read this to check if the sim change detection feature works on your phone....

GetIMEIv1.5(Update 06/04/2014)

Please test and report and also help fix it.

Thank you for using this app and supporting me

Credits:

XDA Developers
    A_U
    F4uzan
    All the members of Galaxy Mini thread (you are like family)
    Google Inc.
    If I forgot to mention you please pm me and i will add you
    Just to clear up all those who are waiting to flame just cause the app was featured on xda portal.... i would like to say that:
    A. This is my very first app
    B. Thank you for your support and constructive criticism is always appreciated
    C. This app cannot survive flashing of a new rom nor data wipe (even if it is set as system app)
    D. I live in india and not many thieves know about such flashing and stuff.
    E. I will develop this app more in free time and also try to learn from so many other members.
    F. I have updated to a mediafire link (new update) should fix layout (not sure)
    E. Please do help in anyway you can .

Thank you...
    Flaming , Blaming will NOT be tolerated ... you dont like it dont use it....simple.

No flaming here, but some may have already lost their phones (like me). You can find your IMEI from your Google account settings, just go to Google, click on your profile pic, click on account, go to dashboard, click devices and you'll see your IMEI listed for all your previous devices. You can also see when it was last used, and check your location history for a place...

Also, everyone should activate androids built in phone tracker/locker, I sure wish I had on my HTC One m7 :(
    if a comet falls on the first reserve
    Changelog:

V1

Initial release

V1.3

Updated Layout (Fixed on all dpi phones)
    Faster response time
    Better algorithm

V1.5

Added sim change detection feature
    ( May not work with a few phones)

Stay tuned cause there is more to come...
    adding some screenshots to this sure would entice more users to download your app. Just saying.

Congrats though. :good: