Anyone have an original 4.2.2 nandroid or stock rom I could get?

Search This thread

blaze413

May 2, 2011
Springfield MA
So finally fed up with Tmo, not by fault of their own but Asurant insurance is destroying me and I have a $500+ phone bill for the second time in a year.. Not really trying to stand for that anymore so I am trying to attempt my first unlock.

Pretty comfortable with rooting romming etc but with unlocking I keep hitting walls. Main one being not having a non knox rom.. I have tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2780006 but still cant get the right rom and every old school one I try doesn't have the proper "PERSO SHA256 OFF" options in the debug menu...

Sorry if this is a little long winded and I am open to any suggestions anyone might have if I'm coming off noobish and there is another way..

Thanks

Update 1 : Found the odin firmwares (happy to share if anyone needs for whatever).. Still open to suggestion or input if anyone has some..

Last edited:

OriginalGabriel

Nov 13, 2010
So finally fed up with Tmo, not by fault of their own but Asurant insurance is destroying me and I have a $500+ phone bill for the second time in a year.. Not really trying to stand for that anymore so I am trying to attempt my first unlock.

Pretty comfortable with rooting romming etc but with unlocking I keep hitting walls. Main one being not having a non knox rom.. I have tried http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2780006 but still cant get the right rom and every old school one I try doesn't have the proper "PERSO SHA256 OFF" options in the debug menu...

Sorry if this is a little long winded and I am open to any suggestions anyone might have if I'm coming off noobish and there is another way..

Thanks

Update 1 : Found the odin firmwares (happy to share if anyone needs for whatever).. Still open to suggestion or input if anyone has some..

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what you are wanting to do; if insurance is killing you, then opt out.

If you're looking to change carriers, from what I remember a law was recently (within the last few years) making if illegal for carriers to charge to unlock a device (after all, its yours).

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: blaze413

blaze413

May 2, 2011
Springfield MA
I was unaware of this law

but currently making so much progress and headway with getting this thing unlocked.. I have it down to stock and I am working out the debug alright getting closer..

All I'm trying to do is get my phone working on net10 (any suggestions on other good carriers?)

I was a G1 homie, been away from this for a bit but having a lot of fun diving back in..

Update : pretty sure im unlocked now, is there any way to check without another carriers sim? I don't have one handy and don't wanna buy into net10 and get a sim if my previous mission wasn't successful

Last edited:

Android_Monsters

Feb 2, 2012
Los Angeles
Reactions: blaze413

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
but currently making so much progress and headway with getting this thing unlocked.. I have it down to stock and I am working out the debug alright getting closer..

All I'm trying to do is get my phone working on net10 (any suggestions on other good carriers?)

I was a G1 homie, been away from this for a bit but having a lot of fun diving back in..

Update : pretty sure im unlocked now, is there any way to check without another carriers sim? I don't have one handy and don't wanna buy into net10 and get a sim if my previous mission wasn't successful

I think without another carrier's SIM you can't be completely sure. I say that because, if I remember right, back when I unlocked I had all the right info in all the right places in the service menu. When I put my Net10 SIM card in it was still locked. I ended up having to buy an unlock code and revert the settings back to the "out of the box" state before the unlock code would actually work.

On a related note; Net10 has done me pretty well so far; been with them a little over a year now. Been all over NW Florida, Alabama, and most every state between here and Minnesota; only dead spot I really hit and stayed in was about an hour on the interstate between Iowa and Missouri. I am running off AT&T's towers, so wherever AT&T has LTE, I also have it.

With auto-renew set, Net10 is almost exactly the same price as Straight Talk; and I still get unlimited everything; though I've never gone much over 2GB of data, so I can't say if they definitely throttle or cut data off completely after a certain point. Speeds vary between 15-30Mbps down and about 10-15Mbps up on LTE, but lets be honest; unless you're using your mobile data as a hotspot or routinely download large files, do you really notice a difference on a mobile device?

blaze413

May 2, 2011
Springfield MA
thanks geiss

Thanks for the info.. I just ordered a "Tmobile micro sim on ATT network" from net10.. I think at the end of the day I'll go with the $50 plan.. I use my phone for music in the car but that aside from browsing reddit I don't use bandwidth..

As for IMEI checker, my phone is not blacklisted BUT I don't think its working accurately considering I am not getting service from Tmo.. I told them I was gonna jump ship and my phone was cut off maybe an hour later.. Really sucks cause I like Tmo (compared to VZ etc)..

hristopelov

Dec 17, 2010
Thanks for the info.. I just ordered a "Tmobile micro sim on ATT network" from net10.. I think at the end of the day I'll go with the $50 plan.. I use my phone for music in the car but that aside from browsing reddit I don't use bandwidth..

As for IMEI checker, my phone is not blacklisted BUT I don't think its working accurately considering I am not getting service from Tmo.. I told them I was gonna jump ship and my phone was cut off maybe an hour later.. Really sucks cause I like Tmo (compared to VZ etc)..

NET10? lol you couldve got the newly priced prepaid $40 a month unlimithed everything plan from T-Mobile... unlimithed talk, txt, and internet, 500MB at LTE speed then throtted down to 2G but still unlimithed... no tax.. $40 flat...

and your IMEI will be blocked, it takes up to 2 weeks to get blacklisted.. something that sucks because thays how people steal/find phomes and still are able to sell on craigslist before they get blocked.. search craigslist for IMEI repair arrownd you when that happens, itll cost you $40-$50.. people are able to flash that now days..

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks

I'm at a bit of a loss as to what you are wanting to do; if insurance is killing you, then opt out.

If you're looking to change carriers, from what I remember a law was recently (within the last few years) making if illegal for carriers to charge to unlock a device (after all, its yours).

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using XDA Free mobile app
    This app ought to do it: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.romkenet.imeiinfo

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 03:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:33 PM ----------

Got it from this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s4/288401-how-find-out-if-my-galaxy-s4-unlocked.html

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app