[Q&A][CM 11][4.4] CyanogenMod 11

Search This thread

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Off topic: Guys, don't use your phone with a ballistic case to protect you against bullets. Buy real Kevlar bulletproof vest!

On topic: I have noticed some new files in the CM OTA firmware: recovery-from-boot.p, install-cm-recovery.sh. As far as I could understand, they are part of a mechanism to update the recovery with the help of OTAs. Couldn't this be replaced with a simple warning for the users to update their recoveries and let the users update? It is always possible to put an assert in the updater-script in order to test if a recent recovery was installed.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Off topic: Guys, don't use your phone with a ballistic case to protect you against bullets. Buy real Kevlar bulletproof vest!

On topic: I have noticed some new files in the CM OTA firmware: recovery-from-boot.p, install-cm-recovery.sh. As far as I could understand, they are part of a mechanism to update the recovery with the help of OTAs. Couldn't this be replaced with a simple warning for the users to update their recoveries and let the users update? It is always possible to put an assert in the updater-script in order to test if a recent recovery was installed.

Last time I knew this was a q&a thread. This topic was brought up as I was running this ROM when the issues began. People were polite enough to offer suggestions and other info. That's nice to hear

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

tjhooker73

Jan 7, 2013
Omg. No way. My ballistic case did it too

Sent from my One X using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 02:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

Does screen go off when you squeeze the bottom left?

Yes I have that portion slightly more out of the back plate then the rest. Its the only way to have the LCD on. Can't wait for my att contrat to end so I can get me a One Plus or an HTC One M8 then fix this one.

Reactions: marknoll

marknoll

May 13, 2014
m.youtube.com/watch?v=VBhKRQavQzo&hl=en&gl=US&client=mv-google&guid=

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Ugh. let me repost. It's my YouTube channel

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Ugh. let me repost. It's my YouTube channel

Nope.
ubedeqy6.jpg

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: marknoll

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
Last time I knew this was a q&a thread. This topic was brought up as I was running this ROM when the issues began. People were polite enough to offer suggestions and other info. That's nice to hear

Why isn't my message suitable for this section? Did I offend you somehow? My off topic remark was intended to be a joke and I did ask a question afterwards. I admit, the question was not related to your problem but it was related to CM.

Sent from my One X using XDA Free mobile app

Last edited:

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Why isn't my message suitable for this section? Did I offend you somehow? My off topic remark was intended to be a joke and I did ask a question afterwards.

Sent from my One X using XDA Free mobile app

I never said it wasn't suitable. U didn't offend me. :)

AlxMAX

Sep 30, 2007
Bucharest
How u think I can fix it?
There's no easy way to fix it given it is a hardware problem. You might bring it somewhere to be repaired but it is difficult even for a professional to see if the cause is the weakened chassis or a loose contact (and where this one occurs). In my opinion, you should start looking for another phone.

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Thanks. I appreciate the response. I think its crappy of HTC to not fix it. Phone never been dropped or mistreated. Pretty sad that this phone was cheaply built. I love HTC,but really? Lol

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Thanks. I appreciate the response. I think its crappy of HTC to not fix it. Phone never been dropped or mistreated. Pretty sad that this phone was cheaply built. I love HTC,but really? Lol

Not really crappy of HTC, they're not responsible or liable for damage caused by a case manufactured by a third party.

Sent from my Evita

marknoll

May 13, 2014
Yea. I know. But I did research and its been said its a build quality of htc

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

And I mean its crappy that they won't fix it. Its even under the two year warranty.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
"It's been said" basically amounts to people's opinion though, it's anecdotal, and most likely from grumpy people who have had cases damage their phone. The fact is that it's always the same case that causes the damage, it doesn't take a genius to work out that it's the case at fault, not the phone. HTC in particular are heralded for their build quality.

Sent from my Evita

Reactions: tjhooker73

Top Liked Posts