Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    140.8 KB · Views: 7,813

MikaruMenoko

Feb 8, 2012
Solution

what can I do to get this working? got a huawei ascend p7

Basically, it's because every file in /system is write-protected by default.
Open a terminal shell and input this:

Code:
su
mount -o rw,remount /system
cd /system
chmod -R -i *

Edit: Also, type this to remove editing limitations on certain files like /system/etc/hosts:
Code:
rm -f /system/set_immutable.list

Then retry to install Xposed =)

Attachments

• Screenshot_2014-06-28-01-10-51.jpg
    Screenshot_2014-06-28-01-10-51.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 5,464
Last edited:
Reactions: lo_ol

Gabrieloalgo

Jun 24, 2015
Check this

any news on that? cause I have the same problem and when I tried this I had to flash a new rom as my phone had a bootloop :s

Well... I had that problem twice when i was trying to unlock that system stuff... The thing is being carefull with the characters in the Terminal, since a space changes the whole command... Try

su
mount <space> -o <space> rw,remount <space> /system
cd <space> /system
chmod <space> -R <space> -i <space> *

On the other side, chmod does NOT always get the -R commands, if still getting Bad Mode try

su
cd system
lsattr
chattr -R -i *
rm –f /system/set_immutable.list

Changing the Chmod for Chattr worked for me, btw lsattr starts with an L not an I, and again be carefull with spaces, if with this does not work you might wanna try an exorsism since this is the last way... Hoe it works for you to man!!

Reactions: HeikoGe

Yassane

Jan 4, 2016
hi i have the same problem on my sony z3c but when i have locked bootloader freedom/adaway..... work correctly
sorry for bad english

Kakolisgay

Oct 31, 2016
Well... I had that problem twice when i was trying to unlock that system stuff... The thing is being carefull with the characters in the Terminal, since a space changes the whole command... Try

su
cd <space> /system

On the other side, chmod does NOT always get the -R commands, if still getting Bad Mode try

su
cd system
lsattr
chattr -R -i *

Changing the Chmod for Chattr worked for me, btw lsattr starts with an L not an I, and again be carefull with spaces, if with this does not work you might wanna try an exorsism since this is the last way... Hoe it works for you to man!!
Works however once the rm command runs my device restarts and restores the file.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Solution

what can I do to get this working? got a huawei ascend p7

Basically, it's because every file in /system is write-protected by default.
    Open a terminal shell and input this:

Code:
    su
    cd /system
    chmod -R -i *

Edit: Also, type this to remove editing limitations on certain files like /system/etc/hosts:
    Code:
    rm -f /system/set_immutable.list

Then retry to install Xposed =)
    Check this

any news on that? cause I have the same problem and when I tried this I had to flash a new rom as my phone had a bootloop :s

su
    cd <space> /system

su
    cd system
    lsattr
    chattr -R -i *