[Guide]How to flash cwm recovery on micromax canvas 2 coloars a120[4gb with kitkat ]

Search This thread

Biswajyoti

NOW YOU CAN FLASH CLOCK WORK MODE RECOVERY ON MICROMAX CANVAS2 COLORS 4GB VERSION WITH KITKAT ....TO FLASH CWM ..JUST FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
STEP1: DOWNLOAD THESE FILES
A) CWM FOR C2C (4GB KITKAT)
B) ALL IN ONE MTK DRIVER
C) SP FLASH TOOLS
STEP2:EXTRACT ALL THE ZIP FILES
STEP4: INSTALL VCOM DRIVER ON YOUR PC
STEP5: DOUBLE CLICK ON SP FLASH TOOLS AND BROWSE THE SCATTER FILE WHICH YOU HAVE FOUND IN CWM RECOVERY FOLDER AND CLICK ON DOWNLOAD
STEP6:SWITCHOFF AND REMOVE THE BATTERY FROM YOUR MOBILE AND CONNECT IT TO YOUR PC VIA DATA CABLE AND WAIT FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE PROCESS
STEP7.REMOVE THE DATA CABLE AND INSERT THE BATTERY AND PRESS VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN+ POWER ..NOW YOU WILL GET 2 OPTIONS Ie. Recovery mode:volume up and Factory Mode:Volume down......just press volume up to get into cwm recovery ...and now you can backup/restore or flash roms form this recovery....enjoy :good:
Warning :
Plz follow the above steps at your own risk.....I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device !!
(It works only with micromax canvas 2 colors a120 with kitkat(4gb) .....Do not try it with jellybean firmware ...)

MY WORKS :
HOW TO INCREASE APP STORAGE IN MMX C2C KK
Plz Hit thanks button if I helped you!

Last edited:

Nirmall

Sep 5, 2014
How to root it (4gb kitkat update a120)

Sent from my Micromax A120 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Nirmall

Sep 5, 2014
How to increase app storage in mmx c2c Kitkat(FOTA)...?

Sent from my Micromax A120 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

naveen anand

Jun 24, 2014
PLZ HELP

hello Biswajyoti.

i tried every thing as per your instructions. but i m stuck at the very last point. when i get options for Recovery Mode and Factory Reset , my phone always boots in normal mode. I press volume up key.. but it always starts rooting in normal mode only.. i never get into recovery mode. so cant load super user onto my phone...

Plz Help. What To Do..

Thanks in Advance.

ltsharma

May 24, 2013
Bengaluru
PTM is changed for ROM, it must be downloaded

NOW YOU CAN FLASH CLOCK WORK MODE RECOVERY ON MICROMAX CANVAS2 COLORS 4GB VERSION WITH KITKAT ....TO FLASH CWM ..JUST FOLLOW THESE STEPS:
B) ALL IN ONE MTK DRIVER
C) SP FLASH TOOLS
STEP5: DOUBLE CLICK ON SP FLASH TOOLS AND BROWSE THE SCATTER FILE WHICH YOU HAVE FOUND IN CWM RECOVERY FOLDER AND CLICK ON DOWNLOAD
STEP6:SWITCHOFF AND REMOVE THE BATTERY FROM YOUR MOBILE AND CONNECT IT TO YOUR PC VIA DATA CABLE AND WAIT FOR THE COMPLETION OF THE PROCESS
STEP7.REMOVE THE DATA CABLE AND INSERT THE BATTERY AND PRESS VOLUME UP + VOLUME DOWN+ POWER ..NOW YOU WILL GET 2 OPTIONS Ie. Recovery mode:volume up and Factory Mode:Volume down......just press volume up to get into cwm recovery ...and now you can backup/restore or flash roms form this recovery....enjoy :good:
Warning :
Plz follow the above steps at your own risk.....I am not responsible for any damage you do to your device !!
(It works only with micromax canvas 2 colors a120 with kitkat(4gb) .....Do not try it with jellybean firmware ...)

MY WORKS :

Some how i rooted micromax a120 (with 4.4.2), Now unable to install CWM :crying:
Tried a lot, Mobile uncle, 100's of SP tools and your guide also, it shows message like "PTM has changed for ROM, it must be downloaded". Any solutions plzz
and also your driver link is not working!

Mar 11, 2015
New Delhi
hello Biswajyoti.

i tried every thing as per your instructions. but i m stuck at the very last point. when i get options for Recovery Mode and Factory Reset , my phone always boots in normal mode. I press volume up key.. but it always starts rooting in normal mode only.. i never get into recovery mode. so cant load super user onto my phone...

Plz Help. What To Do..

Thanks in Advance.
Just use Kingo Root, connect ur phone to it and root.
And one more thing, I don't work for them. It is just how I rooted mine.

niyas90

Mar 12, 2013
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
Is there any way to root & intall cwm in micromax canvas 2 a120 8 gb model...
Is the roms for 4 gb model works with 8 gb variant...

Edit: finally managed to get the root:)

Last edited:

sandeeptengale

Mar 31, 2015
B) ALL IN ONE MTK DRIVER
C) SP FLASH TOOLS
Warning :

MY WORKS :

Hi my phone is not getting recognise, and download of recovery is not working in SP splash tool, but phone is getting recognised in device manager..Please help me I really need to the phone to get rooted

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    B) ALL IN ONE MTK DRIVER
    C) SP FLASH TOOLS
    Warning :

MY WORKS :