[Q] Custom ROM for modern combat 3.

Search This thread

flavoristic

Jan 13, 2012
Hello there forum.

I have been wondering if someone can help me find a custom ROM for my [GSM] Galaxy nexus that can support both 13500ghz CPU overclocking as well as games such as Modern combat 3 and GTA3. This actually will help me increase the graphics performance and keep my nexus in the right temperature. I have tested Foxhound ROM but it appeared that it doesn't support games.

It is my first thread and I hope everyone will benefit from it ;). thanks

Last edited:

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
You're looking for a kernel not a ROM. A ROM doesn't control CPU overclocking.

AOKP + Franco Kernel will do you well though. As Franco Kernel requires 4.0.3.

Reactions: flavoristic

flavoristic

Jan 13, 2012

Hmmm is thats so, thanks for the information. I haven't tried to install a Kernel before but ill check how.

thanks again for the fast reply. :)

zephiK

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
Great,, so now the only 4.0.3 I have is the Foxhound ROM. Should i flash into it and then try and install the Kernal from there?

Just flash it after flashing a ROM. If Foxhound is 4.0.3 then you can try it with that, I personally prefer AOKP but like I said before if Foxhound is 4.0.3 then go for it unless you want to try AOKP.

Reactions: flavoristic

flavoristic

Jan 13, 2012
unfortunately it did not fix my problem. i am still stuck in Modern combat 3 intro loop. what should i do?

Android version: 4.0.3
Kernel version: 3.0.16- franco-Kernel-pro-de-franco

G

GuestK0097

Try GLaDOS by ezekeel. it has GPU overclock till 500 mhz and CPU overclock till 1.6 ghz

For changing live overclock and other tweaks get nstools from market or buy glados control.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk

Dakota0206

Sep 17, 2011
www.okc-tech.com
Try GLaDOS by ezekeel. it has GPU overclock till 500 mhz and CPU overclock till 1.6 ghz

For changing live overclock and other tweaks get nstools from market or buy glados control.

Gesendet von meinem Galaxy Nexus mit Tapatalk

Just be aware that some devices cannot handle over-clocking past 1.3. The phone will crash and reboot. If you try a kernel with over-clock to 1.6 be sure that you DO NOT check "set on boot". That way if your phone crashes and reboots, it will boot up OK.

In the link above for Trinity kernel there is a 1.6 CPU w/ 512 GPU. If you want to try it.

I have also read that even the devices that can handle the 1.6 without crashing, don't actually run at 1.6 due to thermal throttle. When the CPU reaches 1.6 it over heats and will thermal throttle down within seconds.

Let us know how it turns out.

Sent from my Verizon 4G LTE Galaxy Nexus.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hmmm is thats so, thanks for the information. I haven't tried to install a Kernel before but ill check how.

thanks again for the fast reply. :)

Kernel is responsible for overclocking your CPU, undervolting, etc.
    This kernel will ALSO OC your GPU to 384 MHz from 308 MHz (or so) so it should help a lot.
    Great,, so now the only 4.0.3 I have is the Foxhound ROM. Should i flash into it and then try and install the Kernal from there?

Just flash it after flashing a ROM. If Foxhound is 4.0.3 then you can try it with that, I personally prefer AOKP but like I said before if Foxhound is 4.0.3 then go for it unless you want to try AOKP.