RAZR HD XT925 Rogers/Fido now receiving Jelly bean!

Search This thread

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
To those who want to try to get back onto Rogers Stock - Jelly Bean edition.

A user on XDA has provided me with a user generated fastboot file. After one person tried it on here, they weren't successful so I added some extra steps to the flash process.

This is about a 600mb download, but it's been chopped it up into different pieces at 100mb each

1) http://d-h.st/eA9
2) http://d-h.st/9ys
3) http://d-h.st/24P
4) http://d-h.st/WX6
5) http://d-h.st/QaZ
6) http://d-h.st/IjC
7) http://d-h.st/Ch5 - and copy the contents of that ZIP file to where you have the XML. It will replace the fastboot.bat with one that has additional commands, and also adds some extra files that I noticed in the Rogers RAZR update ZIP, but not in the XML file.

You CANNOT flash this with RSDLite, you must use the replaced fastboot.bat file (windows only at this point). I haven't altered the Linux or MacOS scripts yet.

Download files 1-6 and extract them, then extract the contents from file 7 to the same folder (replacing fastboot.bat). Run this new fastboot.bat file and try it... You should be on Rogers JB Stock (with rooted) after this process, but I can't guarantee. Let me know if there are any problems, I hope this works!
Some edits that should be brought to the files before starting ANYTHING!
Go to the Windows folder, drag out the directory to the same level folder as the fastboot.bat script
After you'Ve done this, RENAME! the fastboot.bat script Or you will get stuck in a loop since the script refers to fastboot.exe as fastboot, but since there is both fastboot.exe and fastboot.bat it's refering to itself. So just rename it to install.bat and double click and run :)

@Danifunker : Works! But you have to make the changes I mentionned or else nothing's gonna happen it's gonna keep refering to itself and looping at first line. Make those changes and re-up and it's gonna work perfect! (I replaced recovery.img by cwm so I can't do it for you)

Last edited:
Reactions: danifunker

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
Go to the Windows folder, drag out the directory to the same level folder as the fastboot.bat script
After you'Ve done this, RENAME! the fastboot.bat script Or you will get stuck in a loop since the script refers to fastboot.exe as fastboot, but since there is both fastboot.exe and fastboot.bat it's refering to itself. So just rename it to install.bat and double click and run :)

@Danifunker : Works! But you have to make the changes I mentionned or else nothing's gonna happen it's gonna keep refering to itself and looping at first line. Make those changes and re-up and it's gonna work perfect! (I replaced recovery.img by cwm so I can't do it for you)

I just re-wrote the script so it calls Windows\fastboot, the new URL 7 shouldn't require you to make the changes as mentioned above.

Can you post 2 screenshots of your about screens (one top part, one bottom part)?

Thanks!

saloums7

Jul 19, 2012
Montreal
I just re-wrote the script so it calls Windows\fastboot, the new URL 7 shouldn't require you to make the changes as mentioned above.

Can you post 2 screenshots of your about screens (one top part, one bottom part)?

Thanks!
I just reverted back to ICS since I have some things I have to do before switching over to JB for good. It worked fine after installation, afaik there's no difference in this vs the upgrade through OTA and I had all my stuff still there, was still rooted from what I saw, apps were asking for root privilege and were having it granted. Thanks for you're awesome work dani!

bluefoxreg

Feb 7, 2013

Thanks!

I tried flashing this on my Fido Razr HD and its giving me preflesh validation errors, here's some errors
Code:
sending 'system' (30720 KB)...
OKAY [  2.302s]
writing 'system'...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 2.471s
sending 'cdrom' (30720 KB)...
OKAY [  2.302s]
writing 'cdrom'...
Preflash validation failed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 2.408s
sending 'aboot' (256 KB)...
OKAY [  0.029s]
writing 'aboot'...
OKAY [  0.741s]
finished. total time: 0.770s
sending 'rpm_signed' (140 KB)...
OKAY [  0.024s]
writing 'rpm_signed'...
Invalid partition name rpm_signed
FAILED (remote failure)
finished. total time: 0.111s

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL

chgrbt from XDA has provided me with a user generated fastboot file. After one person tried it on here, they weren't successful so I added some extra steps to the flash process.

This is about a 600mb download, but it's been chopped it up into different pieces at 100mb each

1) http://d-h.st/eA9
2) http://d-h.st/9ys
3) http://d-h.st/24P
4) http://d-h.st/WX6
5) http://d-h.st/QaZ
6) http://d-h.st/IjC
7) http://d-h.st/hYi - and copy the contents of that ZIP file to where you have the XML. It will replace the fastboot.bat with one that has additional commands, and also adds some extra files that I noticed in the Rogers RAZR update ZIP, but not in the XML file.

You CANNOT flash this with RSDLite, you must use the replaced fastboot.bat file (windows only at this point). I haven't altered the Linux or MacOS scripts yet.

Download files 1-6 and extract them, then extract the contents from file 7 to the same folder (replacing fastboot.bat). Run this new fastboot.bat file and try it... You should be on Rogers JB Stock (with rooted) after this process, but I can't guarantee. Let me know if there are any problems, I hope this works!

If this post helped you please thank me and the one above this one by chgrbt!

I did this and was successful. A few minor hiccups. Program did not reboot my phone. I rebooted it myself, got the green robot update screen and then rebooted into the "Android is upgrading..." screen. Running 4.1.2 now.

I know this seems absolutely silly, but how can one "unroot" after this update? I have no interest in being rooted.

bluefoxreg

Feb 7, 2013
I did this and was successful. A few minor hiccups. Program did not reboot my phone. I rebooted it myself, got the green robot update screen and then rebooted into the "Android is upgrading..." screen. Running 4.1.2 now.

I know this seems absolutely silly, but how can one "unroot" after this update? I have no interest in being rooted.

Is your phone on Rogers or Fido? I thought there shouldn't be any difference, but I can't get pass system image flashing and getting preflash error on my Fido phone.

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
Is your phone on Rogers or Fido? I thought there shouldn't be any difference, but I can't get pass system image flashing and getting preflash error on my Fido phone.

I flashed the "bad" Rogers in the ICS Firmwares Thread in the development section. Stock, logged in, set up my Google accounts. Then I followed the above steps and got Jelly Bean, with a few minor hiccups.

bluefoxreg

Feb 7, 2013
I flashed the "bad" Rogers in the ICS Firmwares Thread in the development section. Stock, logged in, set up my Google accounts. Then I followed the above steps and got Jelly Bean, with a few minor hiccups.

I also was on "bad" Rogers ICS firmware as well, but I didn't setup Google Account.

During flashing, you didn't see any preflash validation errors? When the application ask you to reboot, were your phone rebooted or you had to reboot yourself? I guess I'll try to flash back to bad Rogers ICS and try again. This is odd @@

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
I also was on "bad" Rogers ICS firmware as well, but I didn't setup Google Account.

During flashing, you didn't see any preflash validation errors? When the application ask you to reboot, were your phone rebooted or you had to reboot yourself? I guess I'll try to flash back to bad Rogers ICS and try again. This is odd @@

I did not see any errors. I had to manually reboot myself.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Also:

WARNING! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FACTORY RESET FROM ROM! IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE! Only from recovery will work without error.

I spent about an hour trying to get out of a soft-brick. It was on an endless bootloop with the dead Android. After button mashing many different ways to get out of the dead Android that was trying to reset, I got to the options and went to AP Fastboot and re-flashed ICS. That was the only way to fix it.

bluefoxreg

Feb 7, 2013
I did not see any errors. I had to manually reboot myself.

---------- Post added at 01:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:25 AM ----------

Also:

WARNING! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO FACTORY RESET FROM ROM! IT WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE! Only from recovery will work without error.

I spent about an hour trying to get out of a soft-brick. It was on an endless bootloop with the dead Android. After button mashing many different ways to get out of the dead Android that was trying to reset, I got to the options and went to AP Fastboot and re-flashed ICS. That was the only way to fix it.

You were lucky you were able to re-flash ICS. I was fiddling around with the fastboot.bat and noticed other 4.1.2 rom has partition flash but this one doesn't. So I added it, at first it seem okay, since it doesn't do much, but then I realized it is preventing me to go back to 4.0.4 ICS since its a downgrade!?!?!?!?! Great, now I can't flash 4.1.2 because preflash validation, and can't flash 4.0.4 because its downgrade. Totally stuck now...

On a side note, there's an error in the fastboot.bat, this line

Windows\fastboot flash rpm_signed JBUpdate/rpm_signed

should be

Windows\fastboot flash rpm JBUpdate/rpm_signed

Since there's no partition rpm_signed, but I guess that doesn't make much difference for people that were able to successfully flash their system since this is just being skipped....

Last edited:
Reactions: danifunker

maks.xt925

Feb 12, 2013
Moscow

chgrbt from XDA has provided me with a user generated fastboot file. After one person tried it on here, they weren't successful so I added some extra steps to the flash process.

- and copy the contents of that ZIP file to where you have the XML. It will replace the fastboot.bat with one that has additional commands, and also adds some extra files that I noticed in the Rogers RAZR update ZIP, but not in the XML file.

i've tried that but nothing gonna changes, after reboot phone on bootloop with recovery screen, when i get in the boot options menu and select normal booting/factory/bp tools it boot, but stuck on the fido logo :( seems like bootloader don't flash anything, but its unlocked (in the fastboot:
"device is UNLOCKED status code: 3", and warning bootloader unlocked logo instead M logo). Will try to relock the bootloader via motorola support, and then reflash it. Maybe it restore bootloader flasher

Last edited:

UserDemos

Oct 31, 2011
Orlando, FL
You were lucky you were able to re-flash ICS. I was fiddling around with the fastboot.bat and noticed other 4.1.2 rom has partition flash but this one doesn't. So I added it, at first it seem okay, since it doesn't do much, but then I realized it is preventing me to go back to 4.0.4 ICS since its a downgrade!?!?!?!?! Great, now I can't flash 4.1.2 because preflash validation, and can't flash 4.0.4 because its downgrade. Totally stuck now...

On a side note, there's an error in the fastboot.bat, this line

Windows\fastboot flash rpm_signed JBUpdate/rpm_signed

should be

Windows\fastboot flash rpm JBUpdate/rpm_signed

Since there's no partition rpm_signed, but I guess that doesn't make much difference for people that were able to successfully flash their system since this is just being skipped....

You can downgrade. You just need to delete certain lines that prevent the downgrade from the XML file. I forgot which thread I found it in here, but there are instructions.\

Also, because of the error, am I still rocking the ICS partitions or signed rpm, or whatever?

felcom

Nov 20, 2012

Hi I want to try this but I'm a newb when it comes to android. Once I download the files. I extract 1-6 to a folder. Then extract 7 and I assume there will be some replacement files for some from 1-6...Then I'm confused... When you run the fastboot file... Do you mean just run it in Windows? If so then what does it mean try it? Do I have to be rooted to use this method? Based on what I think, after I do the steps you said, would I pack it all into a zip file call it update.zip and run it from the sd card? Is that what you mean by 'trying it'? Sorry if it's a stupid question...I just really wanna get my phone back on the correct software. I never messed around with the phone. Future Tel put this software on when I sent it in for service... Now I can't get JB. Thanks.

Sent from my XT925 using xda app-developers app

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
Hi I want to try this but I'm a newb when it comes to android. Once I download the files. I extract 1-6 to a folder. Then extract 7 and I assume there will be some replacement files for some from 1-6...Then I'm confused... When you run the fastboot file... Do you mean just run it in Windows? If so then what does it mean try it? Do I have to be rooted to use this method? Based on what I think, after I do the steps you said, would I pack it all into a zip file call it update.zip and run it from the sd card? Is that what you mean by 'trying it'? Sorry if it's a stupid question...I just really wanna get my phone back on the correct software. I never messed around with the phone. Future Tel put this software on when I sent it in for service... Now I can't get JB. Thanks.

I think your bootloader needs to be unlocked for this fix to work... Not sure how you can go about getting your phone updated to JB but this would totally botch your warranty if you tried to claim it. I'm also not sure if the Firmware team will be successful with their search for an updated firmware for Rogers, since it's been quite confusing. You might just want to hold off on anything right now.

felcom

Nov 20, 2012
I think your bootloader needs to be unlocked for this fix to work... Not sure how you can go about getting your phone updated to JB but this would totally botch your warranty if you tried to claim it. I'm also not sure if the Firmware team will be successful with their search for an updated firmware for Rogers, since it's been quite confusing. You might just want to hold off on anything right now.

Ok thanks for the heads up. Wow these phones are confusing. Why can't we just downloaded an update from the Motorola site and install. Why do they complicate it like that. I know I'm not as techy as most people on the forum... But it's a freakin phone.... It shouldn't be this complicated! So frustrating....

danifunker

Sep 12, 2011
Toronto
www.funkervogt.com
Ok thanks for the heads up. Wow these phones are confusing. Why can't we just downloaded an update from the Motorola site and install. Why do they complicate it like that. I know I'm not as techy as most people on the forum... But it's a freakin phone.... It shouldn't be this complicated! So frustrating....

It's supposed to be that easy if you're on stock Rogers firmware .492002. What is your system version? Can you take a screenshot?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

felcom

Nov 20, 2012
It's supposed to be that easy if you're on stock Rogers firmware .492002. What is your system version? Can you take a screenshot?

Sent from my XT925 using Tapatalk 2

Unfortunately I'm on 49003. Which for some reason can't get the ota update. I sent my phone in for repairs to Future Tel and the work order said they re flashed the software... Now I'm on 49003...I'm not sure what I was on before. I wasn't aware there are 2 versions. Now I'm not getting an update...I know I can send the phone back to have them re flash to 49202 but I don't have a back up phone anymore. I just sold my s2...a phone that was from 2011 which had JB by the way...

biKF

Aug 4, 2011
Unfortunately I'm on 49003. Which for some reason can't get the ota update. I sent my phone in for repairs to Future Tel and the work order said they re flashed the software... Now I'm on 49003...I'm not sure what I was on before. I wasn't aware there are 2 versions. Now I'm not getting an update...I know I can send the phone back to have them re flash to 49202 but I don't have a back up phone anymore. I just sold my s2...a phone that was from 2011 which had JB by the way...

Did you by chance try to do an upgrade yourself before the OTA was released? Or did you buy it already at 49003?

SickBeast

May 15, 2011
Danifunker, your rooted JB ROM does not work on Fido. I get stuck at a Rogers logo. Thanks for trying at least. I wish this weren't so frustrating.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    User Generated Rogers RAZR HD Fastboot XML file

To those with unlocked bootloaders who want to try to get back onto Rogers Stock - Jelly Bean edition.

Again, you need to be unlocked in order for this to work (your warranty is already void)

chgrbt from XDA has provided me with a user generated fastboot file. After a couple of people tried it on here, they weren't successful so I added some extra steps to the flash process.

This is about a 500 download, compressed with 7zip.

http://d-h.st/9xj

Once downloaded, extract the files to a folder, be sure your phone can communicate with the computer in fastboot mode. Then run install.bat or linuxflash.sh in Linux (for Linux you need to chmod 775 on the file).

You CANNOT flash this with RSDLite, you must use the install.bat in the folder in windows, or Linuxflash.sh in Linux.

If you have any failures, try run flash-partition.bat under the Partition folder. This is the original file that was included with the Rogers fastboot provided by the firmware team, and was not patched or updated in the Jelly bean update. Once you've flashed the "partition" partition, try re-running install.bat.

You should be on Rogers JB Stock (with rooted) after this process, but I can't guarantee. Let me know if there are any problems, I hope this works!

Personally, I'm not blown away with JB compared to ICS. Been on JB for a couple weeks now. The phone was very fluid with ICS, so I'm not seeing a benefit from JB's "butter", also I'm not using any of the software upgrades like Google Now. I'm actually a bit disappointed that I can't easily regain the home screen space when I disable the Google search bar like I did in ICS.

Time will tell but based on what I've seen so far, ICS was fine for me.

Sent from my XT925 using xda premium
    How I Got Back Root...

I lost root too with just voodoo :(

---------- Post added at 05:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Can you provide a quick step by step? Will this work if I already updated to JB with voodoo backup?

Okay, it will be rather simple since I only did a couple of steps:

1. Before I updated to 4.1.2, I downloaded and installed Voodoo Root Keeper. I ran the app which gave me the status of having "SU protected".

2. I received the update message for OTA update. I accepted the various terms and let the update complete. I don't know if it makes a difference, but like the first time I setup the phone, I did not allow the phone to be "configured for the SIM". (I'm on Koodo, so no need from Roger/Fido bloat).

3. I ran Voodoo again after the update, and tried to "Restore Root". The status came back as my phone was not rooted. I verified in Android Terminal and Root Explorer that I did NOT have root access anymore.

4. A quick search with Root Explorer and I found the back (su-backup) at /system/user/we-need-root/su-backup.

5. I Googled a bunch of things and found that Matt's Root Restore script could work. I downloaded it from:

http://www.batakang.com/ftp/DROID_RAZR/RestoreRoot.zip

6. I ran the script from my PC with the phone connected. It looks for the su-backup file in a number of places in the phone and then places it back in the /system/xbin directory which seems to get wiped during the upgrade. Watch the script for a small number required inputs. If the script works, you will need to provide an input on your phone to grant SU access, just like when you were rooted before.

7. This script installs SuperSU on your phone, so currently I have both SuperUser and SuperSU. I have asked the script writer if I can uninstall the old SuperUser app without issue. I will post back with his answer.

Does this help?

Did it work for anyone else?

Thanks!