Flashing s3 to boost issues

Search This thread

Thinkskater

Mar 13, 2014
I have had consistent issues flashing this s3 sprint to boost mobile.

My main two questions are where is the general knowledge you guys have about qpst , qpxt, dfs and cdma workshop coming from ?

I mean there are 10 + guides on the sprint s3 to boost BUT all the guides to not explain a thing. Neither do any other guides for other flashes. The are only explicit directions. Which I have followed and consistently get errors no matter the variable that I change ( different roms mainly ).

I have searched the internet from morning to night trying to find answers and it seems this giant ball of knowledge about these programs is either hidden or not there for some odd reason.

Either way I can post up screen shots of the errors if that would help.

Or does someone know 100 % of a current working guide?

Any help will be much appreciated as I agreed to flash a phone after only rooting 4-5 phones and being very knowledgable of that area assuming from all the threads on how to flash phones interpreting them as a "doable" task but this is some deep stuff.

Thinkskater

Mar 13, 2014
I retract my statement about being able to post screen shots as I do not have the required 10 posts yet. I am not that knowledgeable about quite a few things on this site so looking to learn a lot.

I am assuming I can still send a link to the screenshot via PM for anyone feeling crazy enough to help. :good:

Thinkskater

Mar 13, 2014

And now after trying flash a few different roms I am getting a new error in dfs - get sec code cds error. That is after sending what has previously worked as the spc. Does the spc change ? I would presume it doesn't.

retailguy

Sep 29, 2011
Thank you for the post! I did try that one. My phone at this moment will not let me get passed the put your password/spc in portion of the guide.

I actually purchased the Galaxttoboost.com guide and it worked well on the incognito side but the galaxy side it failed.

You have to downgrade your rom for the old password to work. I forget how far you have to downgrade, maybe 4.1.1? I don't remember but that is what you have to do. I am also not sure if there are any implications if you have knox in your bootloader. There might be, read up on that.

Thinkskater

Mar 13, 2014
You have to downgrade your rom for the old password to work. I forget how far you have to downgrade, maybe 4.1.1? I don't remember but that is what you have to do. I am also not sure if there are any implications if you have knox in your bootloader. There might be, read up on that.

LIF_update_FULL_Odex (4.1.1).zip (

Per the galaxytoboost.com guide this is the needed rom to access msl info and is whats currently downloaded. They did specify another rom to use with QXDM that I just noticed. Is that normal?

And I just found out that under baseband version ( where the label for what bootloader I have ) it says unknown.....

Thinkskater

Mar 13, 2014
LIF_update_FULL_Odex (4.1.1).zip (

Per the galaxytoboost.com guide this is the needed rom to access msl info and is whats currently downloaded. They did specify another rom to use with QXDM that I just noticed. Is that normal?

And I just found out that under baseband version ( where the label for what bootloader I have ) it says unknown.....

The new rom yielded the same results. No msl via the get my msl app or no response via getprop ril.MSL in terminal. Same response in QXDM as well. When I put in password and the correct 01f..... password for the 4.1.1 it displays the error - RequestItem - Error response received from target.

What would make my phone completely unresponsive to these programs????

Top Liked Posts