[Q] Firmware/radio clarifications-wrong firmware for ROM

Search This thread

theoldlr

Feb 27, 2014
I am rooted S-Off running the Google Edition HTC One rom: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2560831

I noticed my GPS is not working, and I cannot resolve it using GPS Status. While digging into this I realized that this rom requires firmware 2.10.605.1 which was an oversight on my part as I am running the latest OTA 3.11.605.1 | Baseband Version: 1.13.41.0109_2

My question is what is the best course of action to try to get straightened out and continue using this ROM?

1) Flash the 2.10.605.1 Firmware
2) Reflash TWRP?
3) Reflash ROM?
4) Reflash latest radio (standalone)?

Please correct me where I'm wrong. Need to do anything 1st before starting this?

THANKS!!

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
Flash a sense Rom then open maps let it get a GPS lock. Then boot in to recovery and flash your Google edition Rom. GPS should work then. It's a known problem with HTC phones of GPS not locking on non sense toms. It's a 50 50 chance of it working or not

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Reactions: SynisterWolf

theoldlr

Feb 27, 2014
Flash a sense Rom then open maps let it get a GPS lock. Then boot in to recovery and flash your Google edition Rom. GPS should work then. It's a known problem with HTC phones of GPS not locking on non sense toms. It's a 50 50 chance of it working or not

I will give this a try. When I flash back to the google edition rom should I also flash the suggested firmware / twrp, or should I stick to what was working (besides the GPS)? If I do flash the firmware to the previous version is it a good or bad idea to flash the latest radio after?

Thanks!

Dark Jedi

Sep 23, 2012
If if the Rom is running the latest kk I would flash latest firmware. As far as latest tarp if the maker of the Rom doesn't call for it I wouldn't worry about it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.