Headphone plugged in, Mic Doesnt Work ?

Search This thread

zaibrockstar

Feb 4, 2013
Google Pixel 7a
Guys,

I recently updated my OPO to 30O. Now I cannot make use headphones to make calls or recive calls, as I can hear them speaking but they cant hear me. I have tried to record voice using sound record.

Have tried couple of headphones, same result. It this something related to Stock ? I didnt try any other ROM.

I am on stock, and no Mods. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Zaib

lewisville

Aug 21, 2013
Guys,

I recently updated my OPO to 30O. Now I cannot make use headphones to make calls or recive calls, as I can hear them speaking but they cant hear me. I have tried to record voice using sound record.

Have tried couple of headphones, same result. It this something related to Stock ? I didnt try any other ROM.

I am on stock, and no Mods. Any suggestions ?

Thanks

Zaib

Bad news for you buddy. There are a very few headsets that work. All of the "iphone" compatible headsets I have tried have same issue. Here is a thread discussing the same issue http://xdaforums.com/oneplus-one/accessories/wired-headphone-mic-volume-buttons-t2847740

tiny4579

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 15, 2011
I aww a few patches to CM's gerritt regarding headphones / headsets. Maybe it will work in the future?

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
I aww a few patches to CM's gerritt regarding headphones / headsets. Maybe it will work in the future?

What he said. CM has been putting audio patches left and right, although these patches did introduce a very annoying bug for me where it would not detect a headset being inserted it and i have to weirdly plug the jack in half way, hear static, wait 2-3 seconds and then plug it in for music to play.

Jote

Sep 17, 2010
30O broke something. I'm using SGS3 original headset and pause/play button is not working properly. Button act's like volume up. Once in a while I get it "fixed" but I really don't know how and I can't repeat it. I've tried to get headset working it with that "halfway and wait" tactic but it's not working.

zephiK

Aug 23, 2009
New York, NY
30O broke something. I'm using SGS3 original headset and pause/play button is not working properly. Button act's like volume up. Once in a while I get it "fixed" but I really don't know how and I can't repeat it. I've tried to get headset working it with that "halfway and wait" tactic but it's not working.

The halfway and wait is a workaround for another problem. Not the problem you're encountering. Halfway and wait is where it doesn't detect your headset when plugged in, its a problem on kernels with the newer cm commits (newer than stock). If it doesn't get resolved, then you'll be seeing it in the next OTA, hopefully they fix it by then.