[Q] Should I take up a Google Glass

Search This thread

Millan85

Jun 14, 2014
Hi

Just been offered a chance to take up Google Glass of the first round of UK released but at £1000 its not a cheap option.

Anyone using currently think it worth getting ?

Currently Running a Note with Gear on 4.4.3.

danguyf

May 22, 2006
It is not.

Google has basically broken Glass since the "upgrade" to KitKat and it is currently so buggy that it is unusable. The Explorer-only forum is basically dead because everyone has given up on Glass, at least until Google gets its act together.

dukekox

Oct 31, 2014
Obviously it's not ready yet.

It is not.

Google has basically broken Glass since the "upgrade" to KitKat and it is currently so buggy that it is unusable. The Explorer-only forum is basically dead because everyone has given up on Glass, at least until Google gets its act together.

adaboost

Nov 20, 2014
As a consumer, its not that useful for me. Phone/watch combo does everything that I would need without it being intrusive (attached to my face). Also doesn't seem to have too many apps available either. Depends on your use case though, i.e. there are some great biking apps that people who commute to work like to use :)

seemeandyou

Feb 6, 2015
If you take the Google Glass as a wearable camera only for taking pictures or recording videos, it is useful in this way.
But don't expect to get other compelling services from Google Glass.