CM7 Nightly for the Inspire 4g

Search This thread

harlenm

Feb 8, 2007
I won't go back, frankly. I'm loving AOSP and wish I could have had my Captivate run this butter smooth. Those guys over at CM sure know their stuff. as well as our ROM cookers and devs here.

I'm downloading the newest revolution now, as well as nightly 8. Not sure which one I'll put on it. I've had the phone for a few weeks, and I've flashed it like 100 times already.

id10terrordfw

Aug 3, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I'm downloading the newest revolution now, as well as nightly 8. Not sure which one I'll put on it. I've had the phone for a few weeks, and I've flashed it like 100 times already.

Yup, I have been the same way since I got my Captivate at its launch. I'm a tinkerer. Nothing is ever perfect, but I will say CM7 is as close as I have gotten yet.

At least until Honeycomb comes along.

B

BelacNongaw

As of clockwork 3.0.0.6 it is no longer necessary to flash recoveries back and forth. That was 3.0.0.5 and below.

HTC Inspire Clockwork Recovery * CM7(kang) * Eng S-Off

jcrompton

Nov 30, 2004
Hurricane, WV
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 5a

I had a Desire Z that had a camera (probably motherboard failure) so I was forced to go buy the Inspire. I used CM7 on the Desire Z.
I have now used stock, LeeDroid, Android Revolution and a couple of others - there is just seemingly NO comparison to smoothness and out of the box customizability with the CM7 -- I wanted the others to be better but I just couldn't find it.

... seems I be staying with CM7 as well

harlenm

Feb 8, 2007
Not sure I'm liking the keyboard on CM7. I miss being able to click and hold a letter to do punctuation. Is there a keyboard that is more like the stock Inspire one?

earhog

Mar 25, 2010
Last edited:

Pheno.menon

Aug 24, 2010
San Jose
Not sure I'm liking the keyboard on CM7. I miss being able to click and hold a letter to do punctuation. Is there a keyboard that is more like the stock Inspire one?

Go to https://beta.swype.com/android/get/ on your phone, register, check the box for "Unknown Sources" in Settings --> Applications to allow non-market apps, install. Open up messaging, press and hold down in the text input field, select Input, and pick Swype.

Voila, you now have the best keyboard ever.

Reactions: jnad32

equlizer

Sep 20, 2007
#8 is acting kind of funny for me. Moving icons around the screen sometimes work or opens something else. Wifi keeps disconnecting :( Tried rebooting 3x and still nothing.

seems as speaker is fixed, i hear no tinny sounds at all.

Pheno.menon

Aug 24, 2010
San Jose

synnyster

Feb 16, 2011
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-inspire-4g/60295-guide-installing-swype-beta-htc-inspire-4g.html

Follow the above guide then.. that works 100%.

What exactly didn't work for you? If you're rooted and have nonmarket apps enabled, you should be able to download and install Swype from the website on your phone. I made it work on stock, Sense, Android Revolution, and now CM7.

Nevermind. Didn't realize I had to register etc...I got it working now. Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is a thread for CM7 for the Inspire.
    If you are not currently using CM7 do a nandroid of your current setup in case you do not like it.

Installation:
    If this isn't an upgrade from cm7 than you must wipe data/cache first

Go here to get the nightly build.

http://mirror.teamdouche.net/?device=ace

Gapps (Google Apps Package)

http://goo-inside.me/gapps/

Changelog

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=ace

Also make sure you wipe data/cache before installing this rom if coming from any other ROM but a previous CM7 nightly build.

Thanks goes to everyone who has been working on getting cm7 working right on the Inspire
    kali- Desire HD Maintainer
    hrkfdn
    Bumbl-Bee
    TurboniumX
    attn1 Original Hack Kit
    Neolobster for hosting the Hack Kit
    anyone else I fogot
    OK guys enough. I will say this once and only once. SEARCH BEFORE ASKING. Flashing roms are not to be done before you understand what you are doing. If you have you ask the same questions over and over and still are unsure then maybe flashing is just not for you and you should stick to stock.

People flashing roms without knowing what they are doing is a very big problem. So i say this to you. If you don't do the research and learn what your doing before you flash then you deserve the brick you end up with.
    Or you all could check out this. Good and readable for all!!

http://cm-nightlies.appspot.com/?device=ace
    O man here comes the wise guy typing..listen sometimes these ?s we all ask are dumb yes I know but over the time I been on this site not everything seems what they appear.. Sure not EVERYONE can know EXACTLY what you mean sure I know what gapps mean but its like saying what is WTF mean.. that can be used for any meaning.. Kind of get what I mean.. So yeah man thanks for you help..really..

Flappjaxx is very wise, and like many of us I'm sure he had many many questions before he got this wise, however there are different ways of getting answers - such as reading threads, many threads. I have read most of the cyanogenmod subforums for this device and many others. I have read most of the xda subforums for this device and similar devices. I have an extensive google search history as well. There really are other ways to acquire knowledge besides asking for a personal answer to every little question that comes to mind. Not saying your questions are insignificant, just that they can be easily answered on your own accord by doing a little research. I've had very much patience in you cyrax, answering you're questions on many occasions, and trying to point you in the right direction. This isnt a flaming post, just another kick in the right direction mate :)

Sent from my infallible Inspire 4G using xda premium
    magnumforce2006 said:
    Sorry to ask this every now and then, but anyone having any problems with the very latest nightly's?

Well consdiering all the great info you provided I can say that I ambhaving the exact same issues.