[Tuto] Repair broken Screen on TF201

Search This thread

Bait-Fish

Aug 10, 2011
Southern California
Thanks for posting the video. But, YouTube tells me that the current owner of the video doesn't allow viewing on mobiles so I couldn't enjoy it. Could you please change the permissions?

Sent from my VS910 4G using Tapatalk 2

iheath

Dec 29, 2009
Thanks for support.

I don't understand what the problem with the camera is. Do you have some details to give me ? or a video of the issue ?

neonjcv

Oct 30, 2009
Hi, great video and great timing, my screen cracked yesterday after a "screen first landing from my bed". I already ordered a replacement one and your video gave me great hints on how to dismantle it, however I'm still wondering if anything else is needed to put it back together with the new one. Does the screen comes with some kind of glue on the sides? Any tape that I need to take in consideration? or it should just snap back in place?

Thanks for doing this tutorial and I would appreciate anyone who can help me with these questions.

Last edited:

iheath

Dec 29, 2009
Hi, great video and great timing, my screen cracked yesterday after a "screen first landing from my bed". I already ordered a replacement one and your video gave me great hints on how to dismantle it, however I'm still wondering if anything else is needed to put it back together with the new one. Does the screen comes with some kind of glue on the sides? Any tape that I need to take in consideration? or it should just snap back in place?

Thanks for doing this tutorial and I would appreciate anyone who can help me with these questions.

Thanks guy !

glue does not require because the screen is only clipped !
Juste replace the old by the new with the same method !
if you are an other question, i'm Here ;)

skarfreak

May 12, 2012
Hat Yai
Ok i see, but i can't fix that because i don't have the issue on my tab...
if you want i can make a short movie how you can disassembly the camera...

Thats so kind of you, but i'd say no. Don't take risk if you didnt have that problem...maybe later... hehehe.. thanks anyway...

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201 using xda premium

jetbruceli

May 8, 2011
Bamberg, Germany
The video says not available in my country. I am in germany. I would love a nice video on how to take this beast apart and try to fix the camera issue. I press on it and it seems to work but only if I press down hard so maybe something got dissconnected.
Or hell find a place that will fix it, I cant send it to ASUS because of the unlock thing and because I dropped it recentlly but no other damage was done to the tablet though
now just some scratches

Nightpath

Aug 8, 2010
Anyone find a working replacement digitizer screen? If so, from where? Details please :D

Nightpath

Aug 8, 2010
I'm aware that they have them on Ebay, dozens of them, but every one that I have seen bought has a screwed up X-axis.

When you install yours make sure to test it BEFORE you take it down.

Jgrimoldy

Jan 30, 2011
scotts valley, CA

I think he means to test it before you permanently mount it.

There doesn't seem to be any way to remove a cracked digitizer from the mouning bezel without destroying it. Even though your glass may currently be cracked, I'm sure it still works at least. If you remove (and destoy) your digitizer glass, you won't want to discover that your replacement has the left and right axis reversed.

Disconnect the ribbon cable for existing (cracked) digizer glass. Connect the new digitizer glass. Boot your prime. Make certain that the new glass is the right model and the left/right is correct.

Even easier than that. Compare the rev numbers of the replacment digizier and the existing one. If they are different revs, you'll be hosed.

Top Liked Posts