Search This thread

docnok63

Nov 22, 2012
Memphis, TN
Last edited:

rhettnis

Oct 17, 2010
I just gave up on ESPNs crap apps and just use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS53RVNQTkdvTW9iaWxlQXBwIl0.

its basically just their mobile site you can get from the browser, but I find it works a little better than just using it in the browser. I hate using ESPNs apps, I just want some damn score and box scores. I don't want to add favorite teams, I don't care what your different talking heads have to say, I don't want to watch your videos, I don't need the latest update on Tebow, and I don't care who your sleepers are for this week in fantasy golf. I just want some damn scores, which their "Scorecenter" app makes somewhat difficult at times to provide.

With that said, the new update has made some progress over the old version and is a step in the right direction lol.

d0ubl3_d1zzl3

Sep 8, 2005
Bay Area, CA
I just gave up on ESPNs crap apps and just use this one

https://play.google.com/store/apps/...51bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS53RVNQTkdvTW9iaWxlQXBwIl0.

its basically just their mobile site you can get from the browser, but I find it works a little better than just using it in the browser. I hate using ESPNs apps, I just want some damn score and box scores. I don't want to add favorite teams, I don't care what your different talking heads have to say, I don't want to watch your videos, I don't need the latest update on Tebow, and I don't care who your sleepers are for this week in fantasy golf. I just want some damn scores, which their "Scorecenter" app makes somewhat difficult at times to provide.

With that said, the new update has made some progress over the old version and is a step in the right direction lol.

If you just want scores, the best app for that, that I've found is Sportacular by Yahoo! Their widget is also way better than ESPN's..

Last edited:

Merovius19

Jan 21, 2013
There was a major UI overhaul for this app today, but the Play Store says the new version is not compatible with the DNA (nor any tablets from what I'm reading.) Fortunately, sideloading fixes this issue.

Im pretty comfortable with Scorecenter, I like that I add my favorite teams and it just gives me game times/schedules and news for those teams.

I just got a DNA and am bummed I cant use this app, how does one avoid the compaitibility issue and "sideload" as you called it?

Ill check out the yahoo app in the meantime.

wortz91

Sep 7, 2012
All you need to do is download the .apk file from the post and email it to yourself using your gmail account. When you receive your email, the apk should be an attachment that you uploaded in the email. Then open the email on your phone, click the attachment and install.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

Merovius19

Jan 21, 2013
All you need to do is download the .apk file from the post and email it to yourself using your gmail account. When you receive your email, the apk should be an attachment that you uploaded in the email. Then open the email on your phone, click the attachment and install.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Thank you! that worked.

Btw Sportacular sucks.

Top Liked Posts