Anyone experiencing faster battery drain on 4.4.2?

Search This thread

l337m45732

Apr 19, 2010
I updated to 4.4.2 a few days ago and am noticing faster battery drain. Just curious if anyone else noticed this?

Maribou

Nov 29, 2012
Oklahoma City
Mine was draining a bit faster than normal after the update. I let it run all the way down, and charged it up, and it has been fine since then.
Hope it works out for you guys.

ryujeff

Jul 31, 2012
Bellevue
I updated to 4.4.2 a few days ago and am noticing faster battery drain. Just curious if anyone else noticed this?

Yes mine is really bad. i even lowered the brightness. like it loses 1% every two minutes even though its screen is off. I gotta get Zerolemon battery or use SetCPU. Does any other 4.4.2 devices have battery drain?

bigfdaddy2

Aug 12, 2012
Mine drains extremely fast but seems to charge just as fast

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

l337m45732

Apr 19, 2010
Ive gotten better battery performance since setting up Battery Guru and disabling all app refresh unless I open them. Still seeing very fast battery drain, but it's definitely improved.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

CAG-man

Apr 19, 2013
Athens, Ohio
www.cag-creations.com
YUP. I work 3rd shift and used to be able to go all night with one charge. Streaming music on wifi all night. Now I have to recharge at lunch.

KeeperOfThePizza

Sep 16, 2010
Yeah I've noticed that the battery life is a little worse than the past two updates.

kennyx13

Nov 27, 2012
FAst drain slow charge

The battery on mine would drain quick and charge forever. It would take me close to 12 hours charging it to be full. Any help?

stlfan

Jan 18, 2012
Camera bug = Battery Drain

Did some looking around, and it appears to be a bug related to the camera (i know, sounds a little odd).

Here's one link of many I've found regarding this issue...Samsung has acknowledged an issue and is working on a fix:

"cultofandroid.com/53672/google-vows-fix-android-4-4-2s-camera-battery-drain-bug"

shamelin73

Jul 27, 2010
Dallas
I am thinking this is more regarding the ASOP camera. We don't have that file or app that they say to look for.

iceman4357

Jun 17, 2006
St.Louis
I am thinking this is more regarding the ASOP camera. We don't have that file or app that they say to look for.

I posted this in the 4.4.2 issues thread, but will post here:

EAS continuously running....I found this out as well after the update. I cant believe its low priority for such a major issue. I switched mine to manual just to be safe. I also found a major battery drain issue when surfing on the internet via LTE service.

Any way, I wanted to see if others could replicate my issue:
-Stock (non-rooted) S4 phone with the recent 4.4.2 update on LTE with 5 bars of service.
-I am using Chrome to surf the internet.
-I have Exchange and Gmail accounts. Gmail is set to PUSH and exchange is set to manual. (My hope is that having Exchange set to manual I avoid the EAS issue described above.)
-Majority of the boatware turned off

Scenario: While using Chrome to surf via LTE service I am literally able to see a 1% decrease in battery ever 2-3 minutes of surfing on the internet. Wifi is better, but still drains faster than 4.3.

Can anyone else try and replicate and respond back? I may have to do a hard reset to see if it will remedy the issue. :-/

Thanks,

Eric

l337m45732

Apr 19, 2010
My battery life has been exponentially better since enabling battery guru. Use inactivity power boost to disable all app refresh after 15 minutes of inactivity. Set everything to manual refresh.

CoNsPiRiSiZe

Jul 14, 2010
Roseville
Yes I have had worse battery drain with the KitKat update. Hoping for an AT&T update since we dont have the option to flash roms...

loudnslow

Jan 17, 2010
What are you actually seeing for battery consumption?
I have google+ at the top of the list with >30% use. Definitely new after 4.4.2 update.
Seemed to be ok for a day and then popped back up. I'm going to try to see if it's caused by 1st use of the camera.

d-rail

Oct 13, 2011
Naples, Fl
Well I would up flashing the MK2 revert, then changed my mind and re-updated to NB1 (these two processes involved many full-wipes and even flashing a .pit file). Installed all my apps one-by-one. I'm now getting better battery life. Still higher than previous usage by Android System (usually ends up being 14-17%).
NB1 now works pretty damn well for me. Once we get root I will be able to disable some stupid things like the boot sound and charger connection sound, along with a few apps that just don't need to be running like Knox and Security Policy Updates...

sifuentes2013

Jan 1, 2013
battery drain

Yes mine is really bad. i even lowered the brightness. like it loses 1% every two minutes even though its screen is off. I gotta get Zerolemon battery or use SetCPU. Does any other 4.4.2 devices have battery drain?

I have a big battery drain and serious wifi issues, cant connect to wifi cuz some security is blocking it, at the moment I have rooted the device and am going to install a custom rom,screw Samsung and their BS