[q] kernel is not seandroid enforcing

Search This thread

t3tr1s_

Oct 8, 2013
I've installed the latest Tmobile 4.4.2 Firmware via SamMobile. I came from M17 4.3. Updated via Odin to Tmobile 4.4.2, I then rooted via CF Auto root (Don't care about Knox at this point) successfully and following that flashed Philz recovery with success.

Everything is all good, as I am familiar with other devices and rooting and booting into recovery. At this point I downloaded the latest SlimKat and Lean Kernel to flash onto my system. Reboot into recovery, flash is a success, however when I reboot the system I start to get a bootloop saying Kernel is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit: Kernel..I've tried to JUST flash SlimKat with the same results. Following this It continues to bootloop so I am forced to Odin from my PC back to Tmobile stock 4.4.2.

Can someone assist me with a solution? TL:DR, Custom ROMs/Kernels are not allowing me to boot due to Kernel is not seandroid enforcing set warranty bit: Kernel bootloop

t3tr1s_

Oct 8, 2013
Oh wow, if it was that simple the whole time..Lol, is there a list of ROMs that do?

hey_joe

Oct 28, 2010
I'm confused, can a 4.4.2 ROM only be on a 4.3 BL?

I am not a technical person but how I understand it is that custom recovery/rom flashes doesn't load/replace the bl.

Cm and aosp-based roms were dev'd for 4.3 until a month or two ago when they start supporting both bl and even then not all roms do.

I'm confused, can a 4.4.2 ROM only be on a 4.3 BL?

Yes, it sure can.

If you're fully upgraded to the KK package completely, ex: through odin, you have to use a KK rom that has the 4.4.2/Kernel bootloader components.

If you don't fully want to commit to KK completely you can flash a KK rom that has a kernel with the older boot loader. That will allow you to go back to 4.3.

I suspect given time, 4.3 support will be slowly dropped in favor of a full KK implementation on this forum. In the transition period, be careful what you pick and choose to install.

I, like many others, have gone full KK inc. bootloader, etc for full compatibility with everything. When you go full update, you get the updated firmware and bits for the modems, etc.

t3tr1s_

Oct 8, 2013
Thank you very much for all your help, it was the bootloader issue. Just me not reading into things fully, very glad that I asked. I am now running Beanstalk on my Note!

Now that I have all of that cleared up, my next question is the S-PEN. I'm assuming all CM/AOSP ROMs will not support it, thus making me switch to TouchWiz. Is that true? Or are there Apps that I can still use in conjunction with my S-PEN?

As far as TouchWiz is concerned, is Xnote updated to the KK BL and compatible with our Tmobile version? I searched the thread but did not find any answer. If not, what is a suitable replacement to maintain funcionality of the S-PEN while having bloatware removed?

t3tr1s_

Oct 8, 2013
As long as I have a note taking app I think i would be good to go. It's really the only feature I use.