[Q] M8 Android L ROM?

Search This thread

thisguy81

Jul 3, 2012
Overland Park
And I'm more than a year from the end of my contract so I'm still rocking the LTE lol. And no offense to the devs of aosp. You all do great work, just not my style

Sent from my EVO using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I really didn't like AOSP at first either, but then I tried to stick with it, and ended up really liking it. But to each their own. lol.

AarSyl

And I'm more than a year from the end of my contract so I'm still rocking the LTE lol. And no offense to the devs of aosp. You all do great work, just not my style

So we have to deal with you lurking for another year? Go back to your LTE forums! Jk....

*Cough*...anyway, to the OP, while I'm sure that a port from the preview will surface eventually, don't hope for much. Especially since this is only a preview, not many devs seem to be overly eager to jump on that bandwagon.

There are still bugs in the preview build, so porting it to another device might make things a little more complicated than usual. Ultimately, waiting for the source of the complete Android L to drop is best for everyone. A very respectable dev has already bricked his Nexus tablet while trying to build an Android L rom, and that's a device that both the factory image AND the source code was released for...so go figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: sslbaron

gstanke

Dec 21, 2013
Flint
So we have to deal with you lurking for another year? Go back to your LTE forums! Jk....

*Cough*...anyway, to the OP, while I'm sure that a port from the preview will surface eventually, don't hope for much. Especially since this is only a preview, not many devs seem to be overly eager to jump on that bandwagon.

There are still bugs in the preview build, so porting it to another device might make things a little more complicated than usual. Ultimately, waiting for the source of the complete Android L to drop is best for everyone. A very respectable dev has already bricked his Nexus tablet while trying to build an Android L rom, and that's a device that both the factory image AND the source code was released for...so go figure.

Lol I've got some connections that may be able to get me the m8 for cheap out of contract. But if not I'll be hiding in the shadows

sailio

Jul 25, 2010
My buddy is on android L with his nexus 5 and yeah... It's poop right now

Sent from my 831C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's not worth the port and I'm pretty sure they can't anyways

Why you gotta be a negative Nancy? Lol jk it might happen, these devs work miracles. I've seen it first hand. Sense 6 on the EVO LTE.

Search is your friend & reading is fundimental
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2794772

I believe he was asking for info on a port of the android l