[Q] SIM/Network Unlock on Cyanogenmod

Search This thread

Essem

Sep 13, 2011
My searching seems to be giving me mixed answers about this. Is it possible to unlock my SIM while running Cyanogenmod? Currently on 4.4 and installed using the Cyanogenmod Installer months ago when I bought the phone. I'd prefer to not have to revert to stock. I'm traveling to Sweden in just over a week and I received a code from T-Mobile to unlock it. Has anyone had any luck in this situation?

Essem

Sep 13, 2011
I figured. Is using Odin to flash back to NB4 the correct/best way to go? I really haven't followed any development/recovery methods for my phone since I installed with the CM installer almost a year ago.

EDIT: Can I make a nandroid backup with CWM of my current ROM (Cyanogenmod 4.4), use Odin to flash back to NB4 4.4.2, unlock my SIM, and then restore back to the Cyanogenmod backup?

Last edited:

lordcheeto03

Aug 18, 2012
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I figured. Is using Odin to flash back to NB4 the correct/best way to go? I really haven't followed any development/recovery methods for my phone since I installed with the CM installer almost a year ago.

EDIT: Can I make a nandroid backup with CWM of my current ROM (Cyanogenmod 4.4), use Odin to flash back to NB4 4.4.2, unlock my SIM, and then restore back to the Cyanogenmod backup?

You mention that you haven't followed any development/recovery methods in almost a year after flashing the CM installer. If you've never updated either through Kies, Odin, or OTA... and have used nothing but custom ROMs, there is a chance you'd still be on the 4.2.2 (MDL) bootloader. It would be worth finding out before you go flashing 4.4.2 through Odin and giving yourself KNOX if you can avoid it.

Top Liked Posts