[MOD][ICS] JKay Deluxe framework 14.1 - XWLPI/G/F/D/9/8/7,XXLPW/S, UHLPS [2012-7-19]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

josechufa

Apr 9, 2011
Valladolid
thank you very much,maestro,Jkay.

Already being done, a long wait in CriskeloServanTeam, we have a FullRom-ICS-XWLPD, which is great, reminds me of the best gingerbread with a touch response and incredible sensivilidad, besides being a rom 100% functional, and impatient waiting for this firmware version your XWLPD, Greetings-josechufa-chief beta tester, thank you very much-teacher-Jkay.

doongoo

Aug 30, 2011
Szombathely
Thanks... yeah looks wierd!... Will have a look! That reminds me... I need people to help me translate those new toggles!!!

Regarding CtrOff and/or putting the clock in the middle : Wait for the Deluxe Settings Apk to be released! This is only the framework... The Apk will be ready in a week or so..

I can help you to translate into Hungarian

---------- Post added at 08:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 AM ----------

Ok... I finally figured out why I didnt get ant beta emails from Jkay..

It seems I donated to the wrong guy :-(
Ah well... Ill just wait for the pro version to be available then..

Sent from my GT-I9100 using xda premium

I've donated in 11.2011 and I've also didn't get beta-testing e-mail. Who cares, if the mod will be there soon for XWLPD deodexed too :)

Reactions: _JKay_

Barthlon

Oct 30, 2008
Hi JKay,

If needed, I can translate in Dutch for you. Just tell me when and where. Least I can do :)

Sent from my GT-I9100 using XDA

Reactions: _JKay_

morg01

May 19, 2010
@jkay

(you know I'm a fan of a transparent status bar)

From your original list of features you mention transparent status bar on lock screen, is it not possible to enable a transparent status bar throughout?

Oh, and ps. Good work man, hopefully all the hardwork pays off, you deserve it. :thumbup:

Sent via courier pigeon

@jkay

You might have missed my question.

Sent via courier pigeon

Reactions: pasquy85

_JKay_

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 12, 2010
@jkay

You might have missed my question.

Sent via courier pigeon

There is a long list of features only available in with the Deluxe Settings apk.... I'm busy with the User Guide at the moment... so please.. be patient.

Reactions: pasquy85

Silesh.Nair

Mar 19, 2012
The mod uses your desktop wallpaper. Try select a live wallpaper. Did you get a Force Close on the SystemUI? What does you log file say?

No FC. No errors. Just statusbar not showing. Wierd. I didn't check the log when it happened.

I restored my backup as i needed my phone. I'll try it later today and see if i can find anything in the log. Thanks.

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 PM ----------

Anyone tried it on a Wanam ROM??

Wanam uses Lidroid mod, so backup before trying. It should work as it replaces the SystemUI.apk and lidroid mod only mods systemui.apk afaik.

Reactions: Gwystyl

Tungstwenty

Nov 1, 2011
That reminds me... I need people to help me translate those new toggles!!!
I can handle the translation to Portuguese (Portugal). Just let me know what you need.

Edit: not to be confused with Brazilian, which guedes_puc already mentioned. No offence, but I'm sure pt_BR guys feel the same about pt_PT :)

Last edited:

Must2r4h

Jul 30, 2011
No FC. No errors. Just statusbar not showing. Wierd. I didn't check the log when it happened.

I restored my backup as i needed my phone. I'll try it later today and see if i can find anything in the log. Thanks.

Got the same problem. Everything else is working fine, just missing statusbar.
Where can I check the log?

Using intratech LPS with Abyss kernel 1.0

Tried to reset my wallpaper but failed. Can only using live wallpaper but statusbar still missing

Last edited:

Droidphilev

Hi,

Also thesame problem here. Flashed LPS, CF-root, stock kernel and again CF-root to remove the triangle. filled in basic stuff like google account and flashed Jkay. after reboot wallpaper was removed. i can choose a live wallpaper and it is used as lockscreen. the statusbar is gone. also no settings ap but that is normal, right?

EDIT: as reported above i also cannot choose normal live wallpapers. only live WP. hope this info can help

Last edited:

Crem@tor

Sep 3, 2007
_JKay_, thank you for your job!
Can you make more actions on the ICS lock screen? "Unlock" "Camera" "Message" "Phone" if it not so difficult to.

damian5700

Jun 3, 2011
Rijen

Got the same problem. Everything else is working fine, just missing statusbar.
Where can I check the log?

Using intratech LPS with Abyss kernel 1.0

Tried to reset my wallpaper but failed. Can only using live wallpaper but statusbar still missing
Try fix permissions. For me that did the trick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Purpose: Speed up access to settings and applications. Beautiful battery icon. Stay true to original design. Small, simple, fast without battery drain. How I think Samsung should have made it!
    It only needs a supported rom (odexed or deodexed) and CWM to install it.

Please read the install instructions that can be found in the 3rd post.
    And please read the FAQ in 3rd post before sending me emails or PMs.

NOTE: While I do give support and fix issues that may arise, please do not expect that this framework will be ported to all future ROMs nor other devices!!

This may take some time! No ETA... Hope to bring feature like Launch camera and secure apps from secure lock screen, Use power btn as camera btn and more...
    Recommended kernel for XWLSD is PhilZ kernel

This thread has been closed. I will open a new JB thread when I have something new for the I9100 to share with you.

Update: Version 14.1 released!
    --------------------------------------

JKay Deluxe framework v14.1 contains the following default features
    * added the 'Remove all' button to Recent app list view
    * added support for screen rotation lock (when auto-rotation quick toggle is off)
    * replaced the holo background with hires version
    * removed accuweather lock screen icon
    * fixed $1 $2 in all plurals.xml !
    * fixed Skip track (handles volume twice!)
    * fixed the SystemUI cam flash FC !
    * fixed Home button long press flash on issue
    * fixed IndexOfOutBounce Exception on Phone options dialog (airplane and data mode)
    * fixed auto brightness conflict issue in SystemUI

+ 18 scrollable quick panel toggles incl:
    'Do not disturb' quick settings button (the notification toggle from tablets)
    'Screen on' quick settings button (temporary 3 mins of screen on)
    'Auto brightness' quick settings button (long press to adjust brightness and auto-brightness using a slider)
    'Mobile data', 'Airplane mode', 'Vibrate' toggle, Wi-Fi hotspot, Sync, Flashlight and the 4 reboot toggles
    Long press on these toggles to go to settings!

+ Original ICS lockscreen
    + Live wallpaper support on lockscreen
    + 6 bars for GSM signal
    + Custom date format on status bar
    + Next Alarm Info on drag bar
    + Transparent statusbar on lockscreen
    + Redesigned Samsungs WiFi icons as I did not like the ICS look from Samsung!
    + Separate Wifi In/out arrows
    + Removed leading zero to hour on status bar (to changed '09:00' to '9:00')
    + Semi transparent connection icons
    + Toggle flashlight by long pressing Home button on any lockscreen!
    + Toggle sound on/off using volume buttons on any lock screen
    + Disabled 'Battery full' notification
    + Disabled 'Bluetooth' notification
    + Long press volume buttons to skip track (when music is playing and screen is off, and note: this also works when you have set lockscreen to None!)
    + Connection icons are green when fully connected to google servers
    + Battery with percent (100 steps plus 100 steps charging)
    + Added 'Reboot to Recovery' and 'Reboot to Download' to the phone dialog panel
    + Enabled fast double click (350ms instead of 500ms)
    + Enabled CRT off effect when screen off
    + Enabled support for native VOIP

plus many other customizable options when using the Deluxe Settings

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php
    Status: Updating roms to v14.1 (currently XWLPI/G/F,D,9,8,7, XXLPW/S & UHLPS are done... more will come)

JKay Deluxe framework files v14.1:
    UHLPS, XWLPI, XWLPG, XWLPF, XWLPD, XWLP9, XWLP8, XWLP7, XXLPW, XXLPS

Read all about the The Deluxe Settings apk here

Remember to always download the Restore.zip file too.. If you have problems then use the restore zip to get back to original files.

Click here for JKay Deluxe themes for any JKay Deluxe rom.

Custom themes for JKay Deluxe Framework:
    Red Horizons - Bold New Horizons by Phone Guru
    Wall BlueBerry by el_liberator
    Blue theme by Spannaa
    ICS icons by Fredo13127
    ICS DOMINATION v4.5*DARKNESS* by Vertumus
    WanamLite by Spannaa
    TIGER'S TOUCH ICS by siberian tiger
    ICS Style Reloaded by Crussader

Old JKay Deluxe framework files v14.0
    JKay Deluxe framework
    The Deluxe framework is a modified version of the original android framework made by Google and Samsung. Five files have been extended: Settings.apk, SystemUI.apk, framework-res.apk, Ext.jar and Android.Policy.jar

Installation instructions:

Find the framework that matches your PDA:

To find your PDA version call *#1234# and write down the value next to PDA:

Odexed or Deodexed?
    If you use a stock Samsung rom then your phone uses an odexed framework so select odexed. Custom roms are usually deodexed.
    Odex means Optimized Dalvik Executable. Deodex means that it is no longer optimized. Here the dex file is included within the application itself (the classes.dex file).

Deluxe framework version 14.1 can be found here (Find the Deluxe framework that matches your PDA):

Deluxe Framework 14.1

Deluxe framework version 14 can be found here (Find the Deluxe framework that matches your PDA):

Download the new Deluxe framework and put it on your SD card.
    Also download the Restore file for your phone and put it onto your SD card.
    Use this restore file in case you want to uninstall the JKay Deluxe framework.

The Deluxe framework can be installed using CWM (ClockworkMod Recovery). CWM is a recovery system like Samsungs original recovery system but CWM allows third-party updates to be installed onto your phone!

An CWM update zip file exists that can be temporary installed using Samsungs original recovery. This means that neither a custom kernel nor root is required to install JKay Deluxe framework!
    There are also kernels with CWM included but here we will use this CWM to install the JKay Deluxe framework.

How to install Deluxe framework using CWM

CWM can be found at http://clockworkmod.com/rommanager
    A copy of CWM zip can be found at http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?op3oj8810m0oudj

1) Put the CWM.zip on your external SD card
    2) Power off your Phone
    3) Hold down the 3 buttons: Volume-up, Home and Power
    4) Release all 3 buttons button when logo is shown on the display and recovery menu will show
    5) Press volume down to ‘apply update from external storage’
    6) Press power button to select
    7) Use volume down to find the CWM.zip
    8) Press power button to select it
    9) CWM will be installed and ClockworkMod Recovery menu will show
    10) Press on the screen ‘ – install zip from sdcard’
    11) Press on ‘choose zip from sdcard’ if Deluxe framework file is on internal sd
    Or press ‘choose zip from internal sdcard’ if framework file is located on external sdcard
    12) locate the Deluxe framework zip file and press it to install it
    13) Take note that there are no errors while installing it!
    14) Press ‘- go back’ and press ‘- reboot system now’
    15) Done!

FAQ:
    1)
    Q: I'm running PDA version XYZ, Can you make it for my phone?
    A: I will make this for as many ROMs I can. Odexed and deodexed. Feel free to request roms! But I can't promise anything!
    2)
    Q: Where is the Deluxe Settings Apk?
    A: The Deluxe Settings Apk can be found on GooglePlay

3)
    Q: My Theme is gone!
    A: JKay Deluxe contains new icons for the Quick Settings panel and the Phone Options dialog therefore
    these icons have been included into SystemUI.apk and framework-res.apk. JKay Deluxe stock mod contains
    stock Samsung icons (plus the new icons I have made in the same stock style).

4)
    Q: Why is the status only transparent on the lockscreen and why....
    A: I selected these default settings because they are what I see as safe selections...
    By that I mean the mod does not remove any features!! It only adds features and it still look good! Center clock does not look good if you have too many status bar icons! Transparent status bar does not always look good... it depends very much on the background! The home button quick fix removes the double click function!! And maybe someone needs that feature!! I have enabled fast double click though!! that's 350 ms instead of 500 ms The quick launch panel is setup in Deluxe Settings so I could not easily add that as default.. The Reboot function was removed from Phone dialog as is really not needed and its available from the quick settings panel. Then 100-100 battery icon was choosen instead of original battery and text because then themers can then change it to their own favorite battery..

Known Issues:
    Confirmed:
    1) Only the ICS Deluxe lock screen looks ok in landscape mode!
    2) ICS Deluxe lock screen rotates even if 'Auto rotation' quick toggle is off (but enabled in lock screen options)
    3) Trying to remove unremoveable Notifications causes SystemUI FC (clear button should be disabled or hidden)
    4) GSM pin lock screen does not support screen rotation!
    5) Wifi signal null when using certain power saving apps

Not reproduceable:
    1) Clock freeze on status bar
    2) No alarm sound when alarm is triggered.

My thanks and some credits goes to:
    Tungstwenty for the CRT fix!
    Idan73 for all your help!
    syps54 for the great icon packs!
    aerobahn for the long press volume mod!
    LeoMar75 great guy! Support him!
    Oliwe for how to disable double-click!
    Team obssessed crew for the scrollable layout in the quick panel!
    SamFirmware.com for their samsung roms!
    Supercurio cuz you are the best!
    Chainfire for his CF kernels
    untermench for the 'how to' guide ref. power menu
    I9100XWLS8 has been released!!!!
    Finally!
    After the v14.8 release of jkay for I9300... I will start working on Jkay for I9100XWLS8.. No eta!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9300XXELLC
    OK... JKay Deluxe v14.1 is done.

* Added support for full rotation
    * Added the rotated crt (thanks to rovo89 and Tungstwenty)
    * Added ICS colored theme!
    * Deluxe Settings has been ICS'ed and optimized.

I will now update XXLPW so I have XWLPG and XXLPW v14.1 ready.
    Then I will release the Deluxe Settings apk on google play and SlideMe (paypal users and people who can't buying from google play).
    Update user guide to v14.1.
    Then I will do Jkay for XWLPI and update XWLP?... to v14.1
    After that I will look at other 4.0.3 SGS2 roms, incl. UHLPS! If it's easy to do v14.1 for them then I will release JKay for those too.
    Then I will start doing JKay for SGS3!
    SGS2 version 4.0.4 (4.1 etc) will be done after the SGS3 version is done!