[MOD][CM9, CM10 & Stock ICS][Rooted & Non-rooted] Faster Worldwide GPS Fix Patch v2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
[MOD][CM9, CM10 & Stock ICS][Rooted & Non-rooted] Faster Worldwide GPS Fix Patch v2

**Just found out that this works on non-rooted phones too!!! :D***

ATTENTION: Everytime you update your ROM or flash a new ROM please reflash this patch to continue to enjoy faster GPS fixes...thank you...:)

Certain people may face problems when using GPS in the GT-I9100G. The gps fixing may take ages to complete. Therefore, I came up with this patch

FASTER WORLDWIDE GPS FIX

This patch can be used regardless of your location (no need to modify ntp servers). The first fix after a reboot may take up to a minute, but subsequent fixes require only seconds! The device will also lock onto 7-9 satellites (3-4 before patch), which provides accuracy up to 5m. :eek:

** DO NOT use any GPS patching app together with this patch as it will modify gps.conf**

Rooted Phones
How to apply:
1. Make sure that you are running a CM9 or CM10 ROM/CM9 or CM10 based ROM/Stock ICS/Stock ICS based ROM. (as long as you have gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc, then it should work)
2. Make a backup of your gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc (copy it into somewhere else)
3. Download the CWM-flashable zip from here: gps_patch_v2.zip
4. Reboot into recovery and flash the zip.
5. You are ready to go! :D

How to restore:
1. Using a root explorer, mount into r/w mode and overwrite the modified gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc with the originals.
2. Change the permissions of the 2 files into rw-r--r--
3. Reboot your phone.

or (for stock ICS ROMs only)

1. Download the flashable zip from here: gps_ori.zip
2. Put the zip into your external SD card.
4. Reboot into CWM recovery and flash the zip.
3. Reboot your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Non-rooted Phones
How to apply:
1. Make sure that you are running a Stock ICS ROM. (as long as you have gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc, then it should work)
2. Download the flashable zip from here: gps_patch_v2.zip
3. Put the zip into your external SD card.
4. Reboot into stock recovery and flash the zip by choosing "apply update from external storage".
5. Reboot your phone.

How to restore:
4. Reboot into stock recovery and flash the zip by choosing "apply update from external storage".
3. Reboot your phone.

Thanks to crypted for the modified gps.conf file! Don't forget to thank him at his original thread too! :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage to your device, use at your own risk. But, if all steps are followed accordingly, nothing should go wrong...

Comments and feedbacks are welcomed! :)

Last edited:

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
Results:

GPS fix in cloudy condition:
OkwTd.png

GPS fix in clear condition:
Q6MlL.png

GPS fixed on 10 satellites (using v2) :eek::
B2Btn.png

Last edited:

jimmz58

Feb 17, 2012
Johor Bahru, Johor
Certain people may face problems when coming using GPS in the GT-I9100G. The gps fixing may take ages to complete. Therefore, I came up with this patch

FASTER WORLDWIDE GPS FIX

This patch can be used regardless of your location (no need to modify ntp servers). The first fix after a reboot may take up to a minute, but subsequent fixes require only seconds! The device will also lock onto 7-9 satellites (3-4 before patch), which provides accuracy up to 5m. :eek:

** DO NOT use any GPS patching app together with this patch as it will modify gps.conf**

How to apply:
1. Make sure that you are running a CM9 ROM/Stock ICS/Stock ICS based ROM. (as long as you have gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc, then it should work)
2. Make a backup of your gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc (copy it into somewhere else)
3. Download the CWM-flashable zip from here: gps_patch.zip

How to restore:
1. Using a root explorer, mount into r/w mode and overwrite the modified gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc with the originals.
3. Reboot your phone.

Thanks to crypted for the modified gps.conf file! Don't forget to thank him at his original thread too! :)

DISCLAIMER: I am not responsible for any damage to your device, use at your own risk. But, if all steps are followed accordingly, nothing should go wrong...

Remember to click thanks and rate this thread if I helped you! :D
Comments and feedbacks are welcomed too! :)

@Ryuinferno: the download link is broken / does not work. it point to the page: http://j.gs/1HMk and hangs there. Can you please update another link ? Thks.

Last edited:

Ryuinferno

Apr 3, 2012
ryuinferno.github.io
Link not working for me too :(

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

@Ryuinferno: the download link is broken / does not work. it point to the page: http://j.gs/1HMk and hangs there. Can you please update another link ? Thks.

Are you guys using a mobile browser?If possible use a PC...:)

If using mobile browsers such as oprera mini, after the page finished loading, paste this in the address bar

Code:
 javascript:showskip();

Hope it helps...

Last edited:
Reactions: Hairy Reporter

Patschi_

Dec 25, 2010
pkern.at
I'm using CM9 and also tried it. But there was no big improvement.
Tested it in austria.

Sent from my GT-I9100G using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

**Just found out that this works on non-rooted phones too!!! :D***

ATTENTION: Everytime you update your ROM or flash a new ROM please reflash this patch to continue to enjoy faster GPS fixes...thank you...:)

Certain people may face problems when using GPS in the GT-I9100G. The gps fixing may take ages to complete. Therefore, I came up with this patch

FASTER WORLDWIDE GPS FIX

Rooted Phones
    How to apply:
    1. Make sure that you are running a CM9 or CM10 ROM/CM9 or CM10 based ROM/Stock ICS/Stock ICS based ROM. (as long as you have gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc, then it should work)
    3. Download the CWM-flashable zip from here: gps_patch_v2.zip

How to restore:
    3. Reboot your phone.

or (for stock ICS ROMs only)

4. Reboot into CWM recovery and flash the zip.
    3. Reboot your phone.

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Non-rooted Phones
    How to apply:
    1. Make sure that you are running a Stock ICS ROM. (as long as you have gps.conf and sirfgps.conf in /etc, then it should work)
    2. Download the flashable zip from here: gps_patch_v2.zip
    3. Put the zip into your external SD card.
    5. Reboot your phone.

How to restore:
    3. Reboot your phone.

Comments and feedbacks are welcomed! :)
    Results:

GPS fix in cloudy condition:
    OkwTd.png

GPS fix in clear condition:
    Q6MlL.png

GPS fixed on 10 satellites (using v2) :eek::
    B2Btn.png
    Changelog
    Code:
    gps_patch: 
    -Initial release

gps_patch_v2: 
    -Enabled ICS_NETWORK_OPERATOR
    -Disabled EXTERNAL_LNA
    -Edited EOL in gps.conf to match with stock gps.conf

Source code:
    https://github.com/Ryuinferno/GPS-I9100G
    Link not working for me too :(

Sent from my GT-I9100G using Tapatalk 2

Are you guys using a mobile browser?If possible use a PC...:)

If using mobile browsers such as oprera mini, after the page finished loading, paste this in the address bar

Code:
     javascript:showskip();

Hope it helps...
    It is also featured in International Business Times! :D
    GPS Fix For Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100g Enables Faster Lock [How to Install]
    Thanks to all users of this patch out there! :) Any problems please post here and I'll try my best to help out...Feedbacks are welcomed too! :D