Mobile Internet

Search This thread

xplicit666

Dec 15, 2013
Sydney
Hi guys, I'm from Sydney Australia, I've recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 4G 32GB SM-N9005 from kogan.com.au which they ship you a hong kong internation version according them.

Now I haven't came across an issue so far other than my mobile internet not working, whether its 3G/4G (btw my carrier is Vodafone Australia) so I decided maybe I need to do a firmware update so when plugged in my phone on the pc and updated via Kies3, however the problem still exists.

The thing I wanted to ask is whether its a common problem the mobile internet isn't working the current firmware or is it my carrier or is the device not compatible in my region.

Just want to know who to blame why it doesn't work, whether its Kogan, Samsung or Vodafone. lol

Thanks in advance

View attachment 2455767

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
The thing I wanted to ask is whether its a common problem the mobile internet isn't working the current firmware or is it my carrier or is the device not compatible in my region.

Just want to know who to blame why it doesn't work, whether its Kogan, Samsung or Vodafone. lol

Thanks in advance

There are too many variables so you need to do more research.

Some carriers need a special subscription to activate 4G on a given SIM.

Some carriers have 4G on very specific frequencies, which are not supported on modems for other regions/carriers.

Some CSCs disable LTE when a certain type of SIM is inserted (and you don't see options for GSM/WCDMA/LTE or 2G/3G/4G somewhere in settings).

Some carriers also might have specific APNs that are not supported by the list inside the CSC - in that case you might need to enter the settings for APN manually (or use a CSC that has the right APNs).

dcracks

Jan 9, 2007
You need to call your carrier and ask for the correct APN settings..then your internet will work.

Teleported from my SM-N9005 from the Enterprise

Reactions: OMG-FFS

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You need to call your carrier and ask for the correct APN settings..then your internet will work.

Teleported from my SM-N9005 from the Enterprise