Screen rotation malfunction on KitKat 4.4.2

Search This thread

Sig. Gargiulo

Aug 1, 2008
Hi all,

after the upgrade to KitKat 4.4.2 I'm having some problem such as application root permission loss (AdAware) and, the most boring, screen rotation malfunction.

Some weeks ago, it started blocking the screen in portrait and the accelerometer stop working. It was possible to rotate to landscape the screen only with specific screen rotation apps or via games that set the rotation by their self. Any reboot didn't solve the issue but "magically" every malfunction disappeared after some days of sickness ! LOL

Some days ago the problem back on my Nexus but with some variations. I turn on the tablet and the screen keep in portrait and after some minutes it turn to landscape automatically. No way to restore it to portrait except with a reboot, any other third part application can only turn the screen to reverse portrait or landscape or reverse landscape!

Any ideas about this pain in the back?

Thanx

Domino5

Jan 14, 2011
Zadupie
Hi all,

after the upgrade to KitKat 4.4.2 I'm having some problem such as application root permission loss (AdAware) and, the most boring, screen rotation malfunction.

Some weeks ago, it started blocking the screen in portrait and the accelerometer stop working. It was possible to rotate to landscape the screen only with specific screen rotation apps or via games that set the rotation by their self. Any reboot didn't solve the issue but "magically" every malfunction disappeared after some days of sickness ! LOL

Some days ago the problem back on my Nexus but with some variations. I turn on the tablet and the screen keep in portrait and after some minutes it turn to landscape automatically. No way to restore it to portrait except with a reboot, any other third part application can only turn the screen to reverse portrait or landscape or reverse landscape!

Thanx

Try this app to recalibrate accelerometer and compass it fixes mine problems https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2

Reactions: Sig. Gargiulo

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi all,

Thanx

Try this app to recalibrate accelerometer and compass it fixes mine problems https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.eclipsim.gpsstatus2