Doogee valencia DG800

Search This thread

NoobieExtraordinare

Oct 9, 2012

I haven't personally, but it uses vroot and I believe it has the same issue as framaroot I. E. Won't work with updated bootloaders I. E. 4.3 and above. This phone is unique in the sense that it is first Chinese MTK phone with kitkat. I guess we have to wait for someone to figure out an exploit to root it. Once I get my phone this week, I update if one of the root methods worked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

yaledioma

May 28, 2014
firmware

A new firmware from doogee.cc site......

Can someone try this?[/QUOTE]

My phone comes with this rom

baklawa

Jun 27, 2007
Toulouse
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
anyone can post SNR results(for the GPS)?

Fix is quick but the position is not really precise.

092u.png

Last edited:

NoobieExtraordinare

Oct 9, 2012
My thoughts / Review

I have had about 48 hours to play with the phone and here are my thoughts. Give you my overall /positive thoughts first and then the downsides.

The build quality is decent for the price, nothing really creaks or gives. Feels good in the hand.

The is has good color, saturation and brightness and even though its only a qHD display things appear quite crisp.

The speaker is loud enough and sound quality on calls is good.

The wifi is decent, signal strength doesn't hold well.

The first MTK phone where the GPS works out of the box. I got a signal lock indoors within about 15 seconds to about 4 satellites.

Forget root. None of the root options work. Stay away from VROOT. potential malware, seems to open up spurious ports on PC and downloads other garbage apps on phone.

Now the bad:

Although the wifi is b/g/n capable it only connects to the 2.4GZ spectrum no 5GZ here.

Touch on the screen is absolute crap. Let me explain. It is exactly a 2 point touch screen. Does not register any more touches. Also when both touch points are brought to within 1.5 cm of each other, they coalesce into one spot. So for eg. if you want to configure your third party launch to trigger something with a two finger swipe up or down, two simultaneous touches that close will not register and hence that functionality is off
limits.

Im on T-mobile in the US and in order for me to get 3G I need both the 1700/2100 spectrum of WCDMA. This only supports 2100 and I am not in a re-farmed area where I can receive 3g vai the 1900 spectrum. So all i got was EDGE (1G). So that's like 1999 data speeds.

The camera is OK at best. Picture quality is rather poor (both front and back; a lot of noise) and there is a significant shutter lag.

Google camera works on it.

Hangouts crashes and fails to function.

The battery is decent, but cant really comment on longevity.

Some of you reading this might say, "well, what do you expect fro that price?" and yes, you might be right. But for me this is a crap phone and is going back on Ebay.

Hope this helped some of you.

Cheers

Xperia-Ray

Jan 16, 2012
Thank you for you review- it is really helpful!
I am surprised about the touch screen- How could they choose 2 point touch screen on this price range on 2014?? this is unacceptable!
DooGee must change their touch screen supplier! I see that this is the most common complain about their latest smartphones- what is wrong with them?
I was waiting for the second batch and now I don't know what to do, also the DG550 got delayed for who knows when- I really don't like it- those devices were my favorite for my family :(

gvekiaris

Jan 7, 2012
So, which method can we use to root the phone safely???

about the screen with the 2 point touch screen what do u mean?? i have ordred the phone and i am really sad with this.. the other phones have 5 point multi touch.. right? how does this disandantage affect the daily use of the phone?

DO NOT USE THAT. It uses VROOT, which has potential malware.

Last edited:

baklawa

Jun 27, 2007
Toulouse
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip3
GPS accuracy and EPO download

Hello,

I try to fine tune the GPS settings. I have installed MobileUncle Tools and entered the EPO settings but I get a different screen than the one I expect, it looks like I cannot force the EPO download as shown below.

r2ow.png

Would it mean that EPO download is done on a regular basis on a MTK6582 ? Pressing the EPO (download) button has no effect

gvekiaris

Jan 7, 2012
As I know mobileuncle tools are working only on ROOTED devices
And DG800 can not be rooted !!!
So maybe this is your case.....

Can u increase the volumes levels?

Hello,

I try to fine tune the GPS settings. I have installed MobileUncle Tools and entered the EPO settings but I get a different screen than the one I expect, it looks like I cannot force the EPO download as shown below.

r2ow.png

Would it mean that EPO download is done on a regular basis on a MTK6582 ? Pressing the EPO (download) button has no effect

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    5GB Data + 1GB Internal SD
    Custom Carliv Recovery credit to hanuma50 from 4pda forum.

Extract the (scatter, EBR1, EBR2 and recovery) from the zip attached on the folder of the downloaded Loliipop ROM, open SP Flash Tool, select the scatter and flash it. I've reflashed the whole Rom, don't know if it will work perfectly if you make a partial flash.

Press the power button and volume up and enter in the recovery, flash the SuperSu 2.49 Beta.

Boot up your phone, configure it and enjoy. :cyclops:

USB Storage mount and unmounted tested and working normally (no strange reboots), and no soft-bricks when powering off or restarting. :D

I'm a happy camper again. :laugh:

Now xposed and back to development and testing.
    I talk talk about the Guide from BUSOTE. Yes, he has done a good work. But unfortunatley I dont understand the translation from spanish to english language - that's all. Until now, I only have successfuly root my Samsung but even not the DG800. I dont want to do anything wrong....

However, thank you for your answer an the helpful comment.......

okay, many of us are not english natives, I will try to summarize the major steps to get root:

Download the official ROM for this phone: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-eEVUUoOlT4bWI1MXRQcU5Fd28/edit

Unzip the content of this ROM to locate the scatter file.

Download the custom recovery created by loaded2107 and SuperSU: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=53104852&postcount=61

Put the SuperSU zip file on your SD card

Use this tutorial and flash the custom recovery from loaded2107 using the scatter file from the ROM archive: http://www.gizbeat.com/3774/how-to-flash-cwm-without-root-with-sp-flash-tool/

Power off the phone and boot into recovery mode (power + volume up) and then flash SuperSU from the recovery using "flash zip from SD Card" and select the SuperSU zip you put on your card at step#4

Reboot and you are done
    TWRP Recovery 2.8.6.0 Lollipop

TWRP Recovery 2.8.6.0 for Lolllipop Download
    12582d82667130bbcd7f9729974f4ffb.png
    Could You help us a step-by-step guide for rooting? I came from Samsung world and some methods are strange to me.
    Thank You!!
    :good:

The recovery this one created for my and it works perfectly

Download this
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/jbtsydi9iiq872q/Root DG800.zip
    http://www37.zippyshare.com/v/82645339/file.html
    Official Rom
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-eEVUUoOlT4bWI1MXRQcU5Fd28/preview?pli=1

Unzip the folder and will come out first and zip multiple folders
    The zip-UPDATE-v1.99.zip SuperSU put it in the sd mobile
    And also supersupro.apk
    Unzip the second download and you create another folder with the rom files in img format
    Replace this folder atchivo recovery by the recovery of the first zip folder.
    Let the mess

SP_Flash_Tool_v3.1328.0.183 folder and open the flash file tool.exe
    Pinchais where it says what you want to scatter and the scatter of the rom folder with recovery bajasteis already changed
    When loading uncheck everything below minus recovery
    You press F9, you will get a warning that if you say yes or (not in the pc and do not remember)
    You turn off the phone, you remove the battery and do not you put it, connect the usb cable to mobile and pc and the bottom bar has to run when you get a green circle on the pc screen is made if it does bada is that drivers have no positions
    (If you do not have the drivers positions see the device manager looking for the one with the yellow symbol, you say update search the computer, looking for the folder of the drivers of the first zip "All MTK USB Driver 2014" OK you the installed , if it runs the bar, if not disconnect and then reconnect the mobile)
    Unplug the phone and put battery
    Boot into recovery mode volume up + power until you start in the center of the screen out some small letters and an arrow moves to move volume volume up to select the option below the top.
    In recovery install zip for sdcard to select with the power button and move the volume
    Choose zip or something and look SuperSU-UPDATE-v1.99.zip
    Click on the install it
    Then go back and reset the root is already done
    Install supersupro.apk
    Open SuperSU and leave so
    Settings:
    Mark activate superuser
    Mark survival mode
    Uncheck re-authentication
    Allow access by default
    Uncheck display notifications
    Access full content
    Ready
    To enjoy it guys, New phone and new root

Sorry for the tirade, so I did as soon as I arrived yesterday morning and so far everything perfect

http://www.htcmania.com/showthread.php?t=836832
    Helpful Information!

Hi everyone! I may be a newbie on XDA forums, but I've been monitoring this thread very closely since its beginnings (I have a Doogee DG800 as well).

I've figured out some interesting things I would like to share with you all.
    -Deep sleep mode works if you turn on "back-touch" from the settings app...it's weird, but it works (even on the June update).
    -Busybox does not seem to work well on the DG800 (it installs fine? without error) but apps that utilize it (titanium backup, viper4android, etc) are unable to work well.
    -Sound quality is atrocious, but this can easily be fixed by equalizer apps/Poweramp.

Does that battery seem to charge fairly slow for anyone else as well?