[ROM] unofficial CM9 by jokersax 7/04/2012

Search This thread

ATRIXXIRTA

Mar 17, 2012
The Shangri-La Motel
ok, Im probably going to ask a stupid question.
But how exactly does one flash a rom in fastboot? Or do a fastboot wipe for that matter?
Is it just putting your phone in fastboot mode, and hooking it up to your comp, and running commands???

The only time ive ever done that was when I Unlocked my phone/bootloader.

Since then I've been doing it through CWM, or "the hard way" so im hearing now, lol.
A brief explaination would be great folks, and no need to dum things down, just a little info :)

Thanks

Reactions: uroojjj and AntiNSA

arpit85

Jun 15, 2008
Bangkok
ok, Im probably going to ask a stupid question.
But how exactly does one flash a rom in fastboot? Or do a fastboot wipe for that matter?
Is it just putting your phone in fastboot mode, and hooking it up to your comp, and running commands???

The only time ive ever done that was when I Unlocked my phone/bootloader.

Since then I've been doing it through CWM, or "the hard way" so im hearing now, lol.
A brief explaination would be great folks, and no need to dum things down, just a little info :)

Thanks

Joker has explained the process before at the time of releasing 0.4.4, all u have to do is put ur phone in fastboot mode and plug in to pc and in the command prompt navigate to the adb and fastboot tool containing folder and then issuing relevent commands such as
fastboot flash system system.img
remember to put the relevent files such as system.img and kernel in the same folder which contains adb and fastboot .

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

jokersax11

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 13, 2009
www.jokersax.com
Fastboot method is more stable. No bootloop issues or unforeseen cwm issues. Its also faster. However many people will prefer cwm. Personally I use cwm, of course if my cwm goes retarded I gots fastboot.

One advantage is you can flash the fastboot method instead of downloading, moving to the sdcard, going into cwm, and flashing. With fastboot its download and flash.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Anthony04x

Jan 18, 2012
Don't know if this has been addressed but when charging via USB, my percentage goes down and loses battery.

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

sms2000

Mar 5, 2009
Modi'in
OnePlus 8 Pro
Just installed 0.4.4 with Gapps.

One not so little problem encountered.

Green LED is always on regardless of anything. Screen on, screen off... green LED is burning.
What does it mean? Is it possible to turn it off?

Thanks.

EDIT: two sleepless nights in a row took my brain off. The phone was charging.

So far so good.

Last edited:

youareme7

Mar 30, 2010
Madison, WI
Is bluetooth wakelock still an issue with other people? I've had this problem with all the CM9 roms I've used. I really like having bluetooth on but when it keep the phone awake it drains the battery quite fast.

Anyone know if there's a fix or just an ongoing issue?

beyorj

Feb 25, 2011
I have used every Joker Rom except the one when he put out 2 at the same time without issue. This one for is so slow data wise connecting to internet, maps, ect. what could this be.
Did not flash a kernal been on radio 36 forever... any suggestions?

Reactions: good4y0u

bconcio

Apr 7, 2011
Does anyone else have touchscreen issues? Very often (especially if my fingers are sweaty) I would unlock and go to text or something and my screen goes haywire and a few places on the screen will be "pressed" and I can't touch anything. Locking and unlocking usually fixes it but its extremely annoying because it happens to often.

aaki_rocker

Oct 9, 2011
Mumbai
Does anyone else have touchscreen issues? Very often (especially if my fingers are sweaty) I would unlock and go to text or something and my screen goes haywire and a few places on the screen will be "pressed" and I can't touch anything. Locking and unlocking usually fixes it but its extremely annoying because it happens to often.

The multitouch issue is still there on all ics/cm9 roms....

Sent from my BEASTLY ATRIX 4G using xda premium

Reactions: bconcio

njinstantkarma

Mar 17, 2011
Is the call blocker feature going to be added on CM9 at some point like in CM7... Never realized how useful that feature was until lately.
Or any other sugestions on a 3rd party call blocker

dibeachdude

Jan 30, 2009
Dauphin Island, AL

th3xeroeagle

Sep 4, 2011
Montreal
Hey, can anyone provide me with the CM9 Music apk? It was not working (always FCing) so I deleted it through Root explorer, but now I have no music tool.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This Kanged CM9 Alpha build is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 4.0 (ICS), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    **[B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="3"]Disclaimer[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]**
     * these are alphas so understand that means things are broken
     * I am not part of the Cyanogenmod Team
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
     * Change Logs Disabled during alpha, please read thread. 

[B][U][SIZE="3"]Stages[/SIZE][/U][/B]

* [B]Alpha[/B]- means something major is broken. Goal is to get major stuff working

* [B]Beta[/B]- means little things are still broke but most big stuff is fixed. Goal to clean up code and fix little issues so we can submit to cm to become official

* [B]Stable[/B]- official cm rom. 

* [B]After stable[/B]- tweaking, Also adding features.

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit out Gerrit Code Review. You can also view the Changelog for a full list of changes & features.

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 9?, or coming from another ROM?

1. Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.
    2. Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.
    3. Perform a factory reset.
    4. Flash This ROM.
    5. Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.
    Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 9?

1. Flash CyanogenMod
    2. flash gapps

Wanna downgrade, simply wipe

Issues?

Experience issues? Please provide the following info:
    • If the device was hard reboot, please provide the file "/proc/last_kmsg".
    • If the device was soft reboot or is "bootlooping", please run a logcat and provide the full output.
    • Please use Pastebin when possible.

Download Links:

ROM: Link
    Latest version: check site
    Gapps: Link
    Latest version: check site

Other

Credits:
    joxersax11 turl alpha18omega shabbypenguin ebbinger_413 sky24987 DethMetalz69 cougarcougar Focus.lau mrinehart93 Cyanogenmod Team koush/romracer shabbypenguin - ranmasaotome510 - updated OP

The Photon dev team and turl would like to thank everyone involved in helping with testing, coding, debugging & documenting! Enjoy!
    Well, here it is then :)

Code:
    483e564d002a82c5e7861355b9064202  gapps-ics-20120207.zip
    7c8bd2fa1fe978dba0aef55329e4a936  update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-Atrix-KANG-signed.zip

Some tips:
    1. Please don't kill my server, it's just a little VPS :)
    2. If you have issues, wipe
    3. If you have duplicate apps and derpage, format /system, flash CM, flash gapps
    4. No support
    5. No ETAs
    6. Thank the south korean guy :) http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=22322714&postcount=561
    7. I'm not responsible if your dog eats you while flashing or whatever. You know the deal :)
    8. Camcorder doesn't/won't work
    9. Enjoy!
    Guys a lot of family issues came up I will be fixing everything soon. Just remember life comes before free software.

fun facts about cm9 by me

135 countries downloaded cm9 on jokersax.com
    100 terabytes transferred.
    3000 pm's
    10000+ comments between two threads
    Over 2 millions views
    Both threads were 1 and 2 for xda for several weeks.
    200+ referring websites
    150000 attempted attacks
    Someone is using Netscape :what: seriously 500 dollar phone and you're using windows 3.1???
    IPhone 5.2 and 5.3???
    Funniest comment denied "tenga egg video" umm no
    Best pm "bj for your hard work?" I didn't accept as I ended up with the girl that motivated me to get into Android dev'ing.
    Proudest moment: several nvidia workers telling me about cm9 by me before they knew who I was.
    Funniest webmaster email: angry wife claiming I hypnotized her husband into my cult.
    Hardest fix to find, that stupid semicolon :banghead:
    Easiest fix: doing nothing and magically something starts working.

Just a few fun facts

Camera might be fixed today

Sent from my MB855 using XDA App