OTA update problem!!

Search This thread

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Hi guys, yesterday my htc one downloaded android 4.4.2 update(4.19.401.11) which is about 308.24 MB. I had TWRP system recovery so i flashed the stock recovery and tried to install the update but after few minutes the progress bar stoped and the green phone logo turned red than i tried to reboot it again show phone is ready to update, i again tried to install and again same happened but this time i left it on that red logo. while in that red logo(maybe warning signal) i left it as it is and after few minutes it rebooted and this time it said new update available to download(the ota update from downloads folder was deleted). I don't know whats going wrong, my current software version in 3.62.401.1( android 4.3 with htc sense 5.5).. I m rooted and also s-off. Please someone help!!

Last edited:

muhammad.uzi1994

Aug 15, 2013
Hi guys, yesterday my htc one downloaded android 4.4.2 update(4.19.401.11) which is about 308.24 MB. I had TWRP system recovery so i flashed the stock recovery and tried to install the update but after few minutes the progress bar stoped and the green phone logo turned red than i tried to reboot it again show phone is ready to update, i again tried to install and again same happened but this time i left it on that red logo. while in that red logo(maybe warning signal) i left it as it is and after few minutes it rebooted and this time it said new update available to download(the ota update from downloads folder was deleted). I don't know whats going wrong, my current software version in 3.62.401.1( android 4.3 with htc sense 5.5).. I m rooted and also s-off. Please someone help!!

Try it again and this time when the green logo turns red, hold down volume up and press power button while holding volume up, the recovery log should appear , post the error msg that it shows here (you might have to try pressing volume up, volume down and power button for recovery log to appear, you'll have to get the timing right)

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Try it again and this time when the green logo turns red, hold down volume up and press power button while holding volume up, the recovery log should appear , post the error msg that it shows here (you might have to try pressing volume up, volume down and power button for recovery log to appear, you'll have to get the timing right)

The update is being downloaded again, as soon as it finishes i will do it again and i will try to get the recovery log..

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013

Recovery Log:

Code:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Warning: No file_contextsVerifying current system...
"/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents.
Installation aborted.

Do you have any idea why is this happening? I tried opening the ota package in my computer, and in there firmware.zip was not opening. It says the compressed folder is invalid.

muhammad.uzi1994

Aug 15, 2013
Recovery Log:

Code:
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Verifying update package...
Installing update...
Warning: No file_contextsVerifying current system...
"/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents.
Installation aborted.

Do you have any idea why is this happening? I tried opening the ota package in my computer, and in there firmware.zip was not opening. It says the compressed folder is invalid.

No, mate, I don't know about this error, Maybe @nkk71 knows, better wait to see what he thinks about this . Are you rooted? Have you ever modified your OS by deleting any system apps?

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
No, mate, I don't know about this error, Maybe @nkk71 knows, better wait to see what he thinks about this . Are you rooted? Have you ever modified your OS by deleting any system apps?

i m rooted but not modified system apps or deleted them. but this firmware file does not contain "/system/framework/core.odex" and also firmware.zip doesn't open.. i dont think so, rooting effects the update because last time i updated to 4.3 while i was rooted.

nkk71

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 26, 2010
Beirut
i m rooted but not modified system apps or deleted them. but this firmware file does not contain "/system/framework/core.odex" and also firmware.zip doesn't open.. i dont think so, rooting effects the update because last time i updated to 4.3 while i was rooted.

1- firmware.zip won't open with Windows Explorer because it's a signed firmware package, this is expected

2- "/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents -> it's either not there or not stock, the OTA will not go through, if all the conditions are not met 100%

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
1- firmware.zip won't open with Windows Explorer because it's a signed firmware package, this is expected

2- "/system/framework/core.odex" has unexpected contents -> it's either not there or not stock, the OTA will not go through, if all the conditions are not met 100%

is there any solution for updating?

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
1- please post a "fastboot getvar all" excluding IMEI and s/n

2- are you using any mods? (such as Xposed)?

3- why stay on stock ROM?

1. "fastboot getvar all" result:

Code:
version: 0.5
version-bootloader: 1.55.0000
version-baseband: 4A.21.3263.04
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.62.401.1
version-misc: PVT SHIP S-OFF
serialno: XXXXXXXXXXXX
imei: XXXXXXXXXXXXXX
meid: 00000000000000
product: m7_ul
platform: HBOOT-8064
modelid: PN0710000
cidnum: HTC__001
battery-status: good
battery-voltage: 4002mV
partition-layout: Generic
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: dirty-bb768ae1
hbootpreupdate: 11
gencheckpt: 0

2. never used any mods or exposed framework but its rooted. Last time I restored to factory state using Guru_Reset_M7_2.24.401.1.zip and updated than i s-off using rumrunner_HTC_0.5.0 and locked the bootloader and today i again unlocked the bootloader using adb shell method from the computer(i have done this before too).

3. I dont understand what you mean by this question? i u mean why are you staying on stoke firmware than my answer is i m already using different roms and mods in my galaxy s and galaxy s3, so i thought at-least one phone should be in stock..

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
If you're s off, try running an RUU for your cid and mid and then take ota , because somewhere along the way, I think you accidentally modified your system settings

I could do that even earlier than you said but i dont want to factory reset my phone.. can i flash the core.odex of my guru reset? because that file is missing from my phone(i think that missing file is creating the issue)

muhammad.uzi1994

Aug 15, 2013
I could do that even earlier than you said but i dont want to factory reset my phone.. can i flash the core.odex of my guru reset? because that file is missing from my phone(i think that missing file is creating the issue)

Two of the guru roms that I tried on my phone were faulty and didn't let me take ota, the solution that worked for me was running a downgrade ruu , it could be that the guru Rom isn't accurate, read this http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2682363

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
Last edited:

SlackingVeteran

Mar 24, 2013
get the missing/changed file from http://www.htc1guru.com/dld/guru_reset_m7_3-62-401-1-zip/

or just dirty flash it without root, then install OTA, and re-root

Can i only flash that core.odex file? i dont want to download that huge file because i have slow internet speed. i can transfer that to my website server extract it there any download only core.odex file(doing this will only take few minutes because my website server possibly could download within minutes). or do i have to flash whole guru reset?