Ordered the Moto X using Moto Maker. Have few questions regarding that.

Search This thread

tripranav

Oct 7, 2010
Hello Everyone,

I have recently purchased Moto X using the Moto Maker website on 1st May which is yet to be delivered.

My first question is: I wanted to know how to track my order using the order#?

Secondly: As there is an offer going on in which we get Moto Skip when we purchase the Moto X using Moto Maker on May 1st that offer was not added to my cart. So, will I be getting the Moto Skip or not?

And finally: What is the customer service email for Moto X (USA)?

Stuck on hold

May 22, 2012
Austin, TX
All that info should be in the confirmation email you got after ordering. If you didn't get the email (check spam folders?), check to see if you were charged for it (credit card activity, etc). If you weren't, I don't think your order was completed.

A Skip was added to my order automatically.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app

Reactions: tripranav

spy21der

May 19, 2008
Skip was automatically added to my order too.. And also, my moto says it is still not shipped on their website(scheduled delivery is the 13th I think).. but FedEx has this thing that notifies you when a package is shipped to you. I got an email from them Monday. My moto x will be here tomorrow! It's called FedEx delivery manager..

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Rachine35

Jan 16, 2012
Waiting to be picked up

Skip was automatically added to my order too.. And also, my moto says it is still not shipped on their website(scheduled delivery is the 13th I think).. but FedEx has this thing that notifies you when a package is shipped to you. I got an email from them Monday. My moto x will be here tomorrow! It's called FedEx delivery manager..

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

I ordered mine on May 6th, and it is still showing not shipped on their website; however, fedex delivery manager shows that the shipping info has been sent to them and they just have to pick it up. I don't know if the skip will be included with the package with the phone or a separate package. I wish I would of seen were I could add a screen protector for free with my unlocked Moto X gsm order. I would talk to customer service about adding it, yet don't want to mess around with Motorola's sometimes screwy customer service lol. Why push my luck? I am getting the Moto X because they screwed up with my rma of my moto g. I was offered it in return for their mistake; however, they still sent me a moto g, yet it has some issues, and now they are sending me the moto X. Awesome!!! 3g to 4g lte, what's not to love? Grateful to the people at Motorola state side that got this all worked out for me. You guys are awesome. Now if I could only, honestly, say the same about the stuff going on overseas. They try, they do, yet sometimes the wires get crossed badly over there.

TechDragon

Feb 3, 2012
I ordered mine on May 6th, and it is still showing not shipped on their website; however, fedex delivery manager shows that the shipping info has been sent to them and they just have to pick it up. I don't know if the skip will be included with the package with the phone or a separate package. I wish I would of seen were I could add a screen protector for free with my unlocked Moto X gsm order. I would talk to customer service about adding it, yet don't want to mess around with Motorola's sometimes screwy customer service lol. Why push my luck? I am getting the Moto X because they screwed up with my rma of my moto g. I was offered it in return for their mistake; however, they still sent me a moto g, yet it has some issues, and now they are sending me the moto X. Awesome!!! 3g to 4g lte, what's not to love? Grateful to the people at Motorola state side that got this all worked out for me. You guys are awesome. Now if I could only, honestly, say the same about the stuff going on overseas. They try, they do, yet sometimes the wires get crossed badly over there.

I created a new Motomaker MotoX as a warranty replacement for my original one (loose O-ring covering front-facing camera) on May 3rd and it arrived today (8th) with the Skip in the same FedEx box. The order status on Motorola's site still never changed until this afternoon, so it seems they're shipping faster than they can update the database. :)

KidJoe

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Aug 23, 2008
Thorndale/Romansville, PA
1. To track your order, all you can do is log into your motorola account and see what it says for Status. However, since the X came out, people buying direct from moto have reported very inconsistent web site status updates. Often times receiving their X before the Moto web site was updated even once. Best bet... Sign up for a FedEx Delivery Manager account. You'll get alerts from FedEx when your phone is picked up from Moto, including the FedEx tracking number, expected delivery date, etc. (this will then be active for any packages sent to you/your address via FedEx)

2. I can't answer. Free Skip was not an offer when I purchased my Developer Edition back in November.

3. They don't really advertise an email address for customer service. If you visit Moto's web site and select help, there are options to submit requests via their web site for certain things like returns, device help, etc. But not a "customer service" email address. What are you wanting to do?

Stuck on hold

May 22, 2012
Austin, TX
As you may tell, I've received it. I could see updates at the Moto web page. Got the Skip too, but haven't played with it yet. It arrived MUCH earlier than expected, but I'm within a day's ground shipping of the factory, so YMMV.

So far, not sure about the Air grippy case. The rubber helps some, but it's no Seidco nor Defender case.

Everything else so far? WOW! Compared to my old DD, this beats it in nearly every way.

I'm surprised how cute some of the custom apps are. Whether they remain after the honeymoon...

Sent from my XT1053 using XDA Free mobile app

tripranav

Oct 7, 2010
Bad News!!

My order was cancelled by Motorola and they are not mentioning why online. I will have to call their US hotline number to find out the reason for the cancellation.

Anyways, I couldn`t wait and had no hopes of that US order getting through so I ordered the Moto X 16gb from the local online retailer here in India (Flipkart).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All that info should be in the confirmation email you got after ordering. If you didn't get the email (check spam folders?), check to see if you were charged for it (credit card activity, etc). If you weren't, I don't think your order was completed.

A Skip was added to my order automatically.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda app-developers app