[5.1.x] [SM-T325] CyanogenMod 12.1 UNOFFICIAL Nightlies for the Tab Pro 8.4 LTE

Search This thread

crpalmer

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 25, 2011
CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
 * Your warranty is now void.
 * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
 */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Flash CyanogenMod.
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.crpalmer.org

Google apps addon:
Download: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (use latest lpmr1 gapps)

XDA:DevDB Information
CyanogenMod 12.1 for MondrianLTE (Unofficial), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
crpalmer
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
Last Updated 2016-02-13

mac231us

Oct 26, 2010
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/95004/2

hopefully merged soon (already in cm12 since late march..just noticed recently in cm12 builds in mms.apk...should have known by looking at the history for the cm12 version)

EDIt

One thing though

Email exchange (hotmail etc) app has a repeated error popup during sync..this is from 4/17 build and also today's 4/18...was not the case till 4/16..noticed the apk file size has changed (not sure what..but it starts giving error popups during sync...pretty irritating as have to somehow get it to stop the sync to stop the popup...using the cm12.1 email apk 5.82mb from 4/16 or earlier fixes the issue)

cm12 not having such issues,.at least from 4.16 to 4/18 no email.apk file size changes..no sync issues

Edit attached mixer file to address earpiece echo for other caller not speakerphone echo for other caller.. change zip in extension to xml.. not a zip file..put in system etc folder permissions 644

Attachments

• mixer_paths.zip
    39.3 KB · Views: 318
Last edited:
Reactions: Ichijoe

JuergensB

Dec 16, 2009
Does miracast work with this build? I know CM started enabling the feature, but it didn't work when I last tried it with my SM-T315. Thank you for your answer.

RavenY2K3

Nov 13, 2006
Can I just ask a general question to all who have flashed this on the T325, what version specifically of TWRP did you use to flash this? Been having some issues and just want to compare.

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
Hello,

Thank you @crpalmer - great job with this rom!

Any chance I could buy you a beer to express my gratitude? I don't see a donations link in the OP

mackenzie121

Jan 15, 2009
Anyone having issues with there WiFi. Sometimes it picks up my wifi other times it doesn't. Sees all the others around the building but not mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

vrl13

Apr 29, 2012
Bucuresti
Anyone having issues with there WiFi. Sometimes it picks up my wifi other times it doesn't. Sees all the others around the building but not mine.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using XDA Free mobile app

Hello,

I'm having no issue with both 2.4 and 5ghz wifi in my home.
Sounds like a router problem though.. can your other devices pick your wifi without a hitch?

Maybe it would help using a fixed IP, in case you are using DHCP now.

Regards.

Sent from my SM-T325 using Tapatalk

Staisereno

Apr 26, 2015
Can I just ask a general question to all who have flashed this on the T325, what version specifically of TWRP did you use to flash this? Been having some issues and just want to compare.

I used TWRP 2.8.6.0. I already flashed several nightlies on this tablet, no issues.

---------- Post added at 10:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

Is the changelog the same of the nightlies for "MONDRIANWIFI"? Thanks

Reactions: RavenY2K3

vanner

Apr 8, 2012
Device encryption doesn't work. Build 20150507
Log:
Code:
D/Cryptfs (  247): unmounting /data succeeded
D/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): QSEECom_get_handle sb_length = 0x2000
D/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): App is not loaded in QSEE
E/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): Error::Cannot open the file /vendor/firmware/keymaster/keymaster.mdt
E/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): Error::Loading image failed with ret = -1
D/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): QSEECom_get_handle sb_length = 0x2000
D/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): App is not loaded in QSEE
E/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): Error::Cannot open the file /firmware/image/keymaste.mdt
E/QSEECOMAPI: (  247): Error::Loading image failed with ret = -1
E/QCOMKeyMaster(  247): Loading keymaster app failed
E/Cryptfs (  247): could not open keymaster device in keystore (Operation not permitted)
E/Cryptfs (  247): Failed to init keymaster
F/libc    (  247): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV), code 1, fault addr 0x3c in tid 316 (vold)
F/libc    (  247): Unable to open connection to debuggerd: Connection refused
W/vold    (  316): type=1400 audit(0.0:190): avc: denied { search } for name="/" dev="mmcblk0p1" ino=1 scontext=u:r:vold:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0 tclass=dir
W/vold    (  316): type=1300 audit(0.0:190): arch=40000028 syscall=322 per=800000 success=no exit=-13 a0=ffffff9c a1=b62f84fc a2=20000 a3=0 items=1 ppid=1 auid=4294967295 uid=0 gid=0 euid=0 suid=0 fsuid=0 egid=0 sgid=0 fsgid=0 tty=(none) ses=4294967295 exe="/system/bin/vold" subj=u:r:vold:s0 key=(null)
W/auditd  (  314): type=1307 audit(0.0:190): cwd="/"
W/auditd  (  314): type=1302 audit(0.0:190): item=0 name="/vendor/firmware/keymaster/keymaster.mdt"
W/auditd  (  314): type=1320 audit(0.0:190):
W/vold    (  316): type=1400 audit(0.0:191): avc: denied { search } for name="/" dev="mmcblk0p1" ino=1 scontext=u:r:vold:s0 tcontext=u:object_r:firmware_file:s0 tclass=dir
W/vold    (  316): type=1300 audit(0.0:191): arch=40000028 syscall=322 per=800000 success=no exit=-13 a0=ffffff9c a1=b62f84fc a2=20000 a3=0 items=1 ppid=1 auid=4294967295 uid=0 gid=0 euid=0 suid=0 fsuid=0 egid=0 sgid=0 fsgid=0 tty=(none) ses=4294967295 exe="/system/bin/vold" subj=u:r:vold:s0 key=(null)
W/auditd  (  314): type=1307 audit(0.0:191): cwd="/"
W/auditd  (  314): type=1302 audit(0.0:191): item=0 name="/firmware/image/keymaste.mdt"
W/auditd  (  314): type=1320 audit(0.0:191):
W/vold    (  316): type=1701 audit(0.0:192): auid=4294967295 uid=0 gid=0 ses=4294967295 subj=u:r:vold:s0 reason="memory violation" sig=11
I/Vold    ( 8391): Vold 2.1 (the revenge) firing up
D/Vold    ( 8391): Volume sdcard1 state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)
D/Vold    ( 8391): Volume usbdisk state changing -1 (Initializing) -> 0 (No-Media)
I/Cryptfs ( 8391): Check if PFE is activated on Boot
E/Cryptfs ( 8391): Bad magic for real block device /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.1/by-name/userdata
E/Cryptfs ( 8391): Error getting crypt footer and key

I see, that file /vendor/firmware/keymaster/keymaster.mdt exists:
# ls -la /system/vendor/firmware/keymaster/keymaster.mdt
lrw-r--r-- root root 2015-05-07 07:04 keymaster.mdt -> /firmware/image/keymaste.mdt
# ls -la /firmware/image/keymaste.mdt <
-r--r----- system drmrpc 12892 2014-11-13 05:32 keymaste.mdt

Any ideas how to fix it? Thanks.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 5.1.x (Lollipop), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for CyanogenMod is available in the CyanogenMod Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to CyanogenMod, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Instructions

First time flashing CyanogenMod 12.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
    Download the zip(s).
    Install a compatible Recovery
    Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
    Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
    Flash CyanogenMod.
    Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Known Issues

* None

Other Issues?

Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
    You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking.
    If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
    Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
    LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel

Download Links

CyanogenMod: download.crpalmer.org

Google apps addon:
    Download: http://d-h.st/users/dhacker29/?fld_id=27426 (use latest lpmr1 gapps)

XDA:DevDB Information
    CyanogenMod 12.1 for MondrianLTE (Unofficial), ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 12.2, 10.1, 8.4

Contributors
    crpalmer
    ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop

Version Information

Created 2015-04-18
    Last Updated 2016-02-13
    Radio (voice call and mobile data) works fine. Other features seem to work well.
    Please turn on nightly builds.

Thanks for testing!

I have turned off the nightly builds of cm-12.1 and turned on nightly builds for 13.0 and created a new thread for the 13.0 version:

http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-tab-pro...nt/6-0-x-cyanogenmod-13-0-unofficial-t3314577
    The last mixer_paths.xml change causes the boot failure. The attached file reverts the mixer_paths.xml change.

Code:
     <ctl name="TX3 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_4Hz" />
     <ctl name="TX4 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_4Hz" />
     <ctl name="TX5 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_4Hz" />
    +
    +        <ctl name="AUDIO_REF_EC_UL1 MUX" value="NONE" />
    +
     <!-- end of initial mixer settings -->

crpalmer, please reverts the last mixer_paths.xml change.
    Thanks.

Yeah, I accidentally committed some random (bad) change that was sitting in my source tree.

That should be fixed and I actually had time this time to get f2fs working. It should all be good in the next build (AFAIK).

Thanks!
    Try again with today's build and let me know.

27-28 build not work (ext4-f2fs)
    26 build work ext4

Builds 0527 and 0528 does not boot; instead, causes shutdown of the tab.

Same here with last and actual build from 30.05.2015

The last mixer_paths.xml change causes the boot failure. The attached file reverts the mixer_paths.xml change.

Code:
     	<ctl name="TX3 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_4Hz" />
     	<ctl name="TX4 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_4Hz" />
     	<ctl name="TX5 HPF cut off" value="MIN_3DB_4Hz" />
    +
    +        <ctl name="AUDIO_REF_EC_UL1 MUX" value="NONE" />
    +
     	<!-- end of initial mixer settings -->

crpalmer, please reverts the last mixer_paths.xml change.
    Thanks.
    Can someone that wants to help please install the ROM in:

http://download.crpalmer.org/nightlies/mondrianlte-cm-13.0/

to install it you *MUST* install a 6.0 gapps package at the same time (and not stock or full as they install a camera that only works on nexus devices). If you do not install gapps before the first 6.0 boot,you will need to factory reset to get working gapps.

Obviously, backup your current ROM before flashing it. A dirty flash from cm-12.1 should work fine but please factory reset if coming from any other ROM.

If this build seems to be working, I will turn on nightly builds for it and create a new thread for it.