[rom] miui v4 ics (updated - better one!!!)

Search This thread

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
Guys... new update, same version but different source, better transition & smoother. Busy now, will elaborate letter:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/aM1WeIYo/update_miuiv4_fb0_2217-redo.html

This is from zte skate framework, in call volume has been set low, newly zero, u can increase it when u receive yr 1st call. Or better still u install this apk:

http://db.tt/sXlus443

U can over clock & increase voice volume using this app

Credits: hardcore for zte skate miui v4, edowar for cm9 & kernel

U can use this rom daily if u give exception to camera :)

By leoaeries:

friends i have made a small video on how to install this nice rom in our device
have a look at it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-e7UAkBgk

ZURK prof. you can post this video link in your first page so all know the taste if your rom.

Friends place rate so others can too see this video ifr the words mi410, spice... etc..

thanks

----------------------------

This is a combination rom of ardX miui v4 porting effort & zackconsole miui v4 for u8150, credit to both of them. ardX version is based on CM9 by edowar and RD-MIUI-ics 2.3.2_v3 by dekkyy, credit also for both of them. zackconsole miui v4 is based on N1 miui v4, credit to miui team.

Credit to edowar for kernel, and he is also my guru.

When i tasted ardX miui v4 version, with signal but blocked 3g, i already knew what was the problem, its a framework.jar, he need to change that file with another same version but from different model. i replaced ardX framework.jar with zackconsole framework.jar, automatically i got the 3g signal for ardX miui v4 version, but just for a while bcoz ardX version: 2.3.2, zackconsole version: 2.2.17, after that apps start forced closing.

So, ardX and zackconsole leave me a very easy job for our device, i used whole things from ardX, change app & framework folders with zackconsole, some build.prop editing, thats all :) you got a working MIUI ICS V4 2.2.17 for FB0 variants.

Download it here:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/vCXDbCrU/update_miuiv4_fb0_2217-revised.html

Remember to do a full wipe before flashing the rom.

Working: All major functions - call in/out, data (2g, 3g) sms, wifi, bluetooth, wifi tethering, bluetooth tethering, etc...

Not working: camera (this rom inherit the same cm9-edowar bugs, since it is a base)

Other working/not working: u report to me

Note: some miui themes cannot be applied, but just some, not so many, some apks hv been resized by zackconsole, but not really disturbing. phone.apk is frm another space... hahaha! ooo... phone.apk also one of the reason why sometimes ril signal is blocked.

If u willing to donate for this work, pls do it tru' paypal account at zukriaksah@gmail.com

Last edited:

shri080

Sep 20, 2011
Bangalore
Congrats Zuk. unfortunately i wont be able to use it as i need my camera :( but can some one tell me whats so special about ICS? i mean i have heard abt face detection unlock and other things. but it is so different form GB? Thanks.

Cheers,
Shri

shri080

Sep 20, 2011
Bangalore
Great work Zuk !! the ROM is pretty smooth and as mentioned all the major features work. few quick observations ( donno if this was already mentioned in edowar's post)

1) Headset is not connecting. But i was able to connect my headset through a bluetooth device. but if you connect it directly it wont detect.

2) When i enable mobile data the status of the data in the status bar is overlapping on the signal status.

3) The music widget is not working. It says application is not installed. Did not try installing a 3rd party app though. And also there was something called as toggle headset under widgets which did not work. (donno what is that suppose to do).

4) I was disappointed to see that there is no option to set the battery indicator to percentage under battery settings which is one of the features i loved in MIUI.

5) and forgot to mention Haptic feedback is not working.

But the volume problem i had in the previous ROM seems to be fine now :D i think i can live wid out the camera for some time ( i am kinda surprised to be missing the camera on the phone as i am a professional photographer my self :p )

so thats about it. I think i will stick on to this ROM for now :) but i badly need the headset connection to be fixed. Please do something abt it Zuk :( Thanks for this wonderful ROM. Keep up the great work !!

Cheers,
Shri

Last edited:

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
Great work Zuk !! the ROM is pretty smooth and as mentioned all the major features work. few quick observations ( donno if this was already mentioned in edowar's post)

1) Headset is not connecting. But i was able to connect my headset through a bluetooth device. but if you connect it directly it wont detect.

2) When i enable mobile data the status of the data in the status bar is overlapping on the signal status.

3) The music widget is not working. It says application is not installed. Did not try installing a 3rd party app though. And also there was something called as toggle headset under widgets which did not work. (donno what is that suppose to do).

4) I was disappointed to see that there is no option to set the battery indicator to percentage under battery settings which is one of the features i loved in MIUI.

5) and forgot to mention Haptic feedback is not working.

But the volume problem i had in the previous ROM seems to be fine now :D i think i can live wid out the camera for some time ( i am kinda surprised to be missing the camera on the phone as i am a professional photographer my self :p )

so thats about it. I think i will stick on to this ROM for now :) but i badly need the headset connection to be fixed. Please do something abt it Zuk :( Thanks for this wonderful ROM. Keep up the great work !!

Cheers,
Shri

for overlap signal status, pls when u apply any theme, disable theme status bar, make it default.

headset - i faced this problem in many gb roms i ported, if i can fix it, maybe i can fix fm radio for miui too :)

others let we fix together

elol

Nov 13, 2011
sabah
for overlap signal status, pls when u apply any theme, disable theme status bar, make it default.

headset - i faced this problem in many gb roms i ported, if i can fix it, maybe i can fix fm radio for miui too :)

hye zuk you a god to port some rom..gud work frend:)

shri080

Sep 20, 2011
Bangalore

Hmm.... hopefully it will be fixed soon :) and one more bug Wifi wont connect directly when i click on the wifi icon. Every time i have to go to the wifi settings and click on connect. any fix for this? and also any way to bring back the battery percentage option?

EDIT : weird but now the wifi connects when i click on the Wifi icon.

Last edited:

zukriaksah

Dec 11, 2011
Kuantan
I started to play around with an idea that was talked about earlier in this thread...

Panorama Background Image
PanoramaScreenshot.gif

Its not very nice looking yet... :rolleyes:

Maybe someone can help me with some thing I'm having trouble with..?

Is there a limit on how big a QTC1 image can be?
now I have it 512x512... (I'm stretching it)
and when I try to make it bigger(wider) it only shows as white..

I would like to have a qtc image that is 1000 x 512 (or something like that)

I 'linked' the background image to the instance "iconTrayRoot"
and moved the icons(and image) to the back...

But now the menu icons are behind the 'page' ... :(

And as you know ... you can only run an instance once...
So if I call the instance again in front... It wont work..

Anyone have any ideas on how to run an instance more than once?

Ive attached the mode9 and qtc files here, if anyone wants to have a look..

EDIT
Ok I managed to make a panorama qtc image (1024x512)
But When I try to show it in TF3D, It's only white :(
I've attached the panorama qtc

:) when i say its working, i mean its working, as usual! maybe sometimes its delay, but just for a few 2nd

Sent from my u9000 using xda premium

mertzi

Jul 8, 2011
touchscreen didn't work at first but I saw it was Edowars kernel so I figured that the touchscreen fix for his CM9 should work, and it did. So if you don't have working touchscreen flash this from recovery

http://www.4shared.com/zip/AQ2W19ym/update-kernel-fixtouchscreen.html?

and also this to get correct softkeys

http://www.4shared.com/zip/oCNtH3rN/update-softkey.html?

the rom works ok, I had 2 crashes that led to reboot. Wifi works. The launcher is not that smooth. anyways overall OK! good work!

vivekb

Jul 27, 2011
Mumbai
Zuk yesterday I have tried your ROM, it was pretty smooth and love to use it for long time but without camera I cant......

Meanwhile initially also you have faced same problem with Headset and at that time COWSGO helped you, is same way if some one from developer side help you to solve headset problem then we may get RADIO FM over this phone....

overall great work ZUK

tech4pk

Mar 17, 2009
Hi Friends,

As I'm very new to this, would you please help me on the instructions? I am already on CM7 on my Spice MI 410 (this install was helped by my friend).

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Guys... new update, same version but different source, better transition & smoother. Busy now, will elaborate letter:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/aM1WeIYo/update_miuiv4_fb0_2217-redo.html

This is from zte skate framework, in call volume has been set low, newly zero, u can increase it when u receive yr 1st call. Or better still u install this apk:

http://db.tt/sXlus443

U can over clock & increase voice volume using this app

Credits: hardcore for zte skate miui v4, edowar for cm9 & kernel

U can use this rom daily if u give exception to camera :)

By leoaeries:

friends i have made a small video on how to install this nice rom in our device
    have a look at it..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hj-e7UAkBgk

ZURK prof. you can post this video link in your first page so all know the taste if your rom.

Friends place rate so others can too see this video ifr the words mi410, spice... etc..

thanks

----------------------------

This is a combination rom of ardX miui v4 porting effort & zackconsole miui v4 for u8150, credit to both of them. ardX version is based on CM9 by edowar and RD-MIUI-ics 2.3.2_v3 by dekkyy, credit also for both of them. zackconsole miui v4 is based on N1 miui v4, credit to miui team.

Credit to edowar for kernel, and he is also my guru.

When i tasted ardX miui v4 version, with signal but blocked 3g, i already knew what was the problem, its a framework.jar, he need to change that file with another same version but from different model. i replaced ardX framework.jar with zackconsole framework.jar, automatically i got the 3g signal for ardX miui v4 version, but just for a while bcoz ardX version: 2.3.2, zackconsole version: 2.2.17, after that apps start forced closing.

So, ardX and zackconsole leave me a very easy job for our device, i used whole things from ardX, change app & framework folders with zackconsole, some build.prop editing, thats all :) you got a working MIUI ICS V4 2.2.17 for FB0 variants.

Download it here:

http://www.4shared.com/zip/vCXDbCrU/update_miuiv4_fb0_2217-revised.html

Remember to do a full wipe before flashing the rom.

Working: All major functions - call in/out, data (2g, 3g) sms, wifi, bluetooth, wifi tethering, bluetooth tethering, etc...

Not working: camera (this rom inherit the same cm9-edowar bugs, since it is a base)

Other working/not working: u report to me

Note: some miui themes cannot be applied, but just some, not so many, some apks hv been resized by zackconsole, but not really disturbing. phone.apk is frm another space... hahaha! ooo... phone.apk also one of the reason why sometimes ril signal is blocked.

If u willing to donate for this work, pls do it tru' paypal account at zukriaksah@gmail.com
    Yes, please upload 2.3.9 and if there'd be any noob guide then we'll like to help

this is simple way to port
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1499411
    it work with miui, ligux, lewa or another rom that based from cyanogenmod
    i hv made a little bit update to this MIUI V4 version, still 2.2.17 but no more u8150 mix & match. Due to the size of the device, i feel not comfortable with the resized APKs.

so now i hv a smoother version of MIUI V4 2.2.17, this time its a ZTE Blade ported rom with Edowar's CM9 based, no more resized apks, so all icons came with same sizes :) better transition.

original thread for miui v4 zte skate can be found here: http://android.modaco.com/topic/351843-ics-miui-miuiskater-for-the-zte-skate-rom-updated-2102/

credit to hardcore

all miui v4 advantages also came with strengths & weaknesses of CM9 - Edowar version, i mean pls dont ask me abt camera :) wifi working (same as cm9), bluetooth working, call, sms, data - 2g/3g all working. hardcore frm zte skate has added a nova launcher as an alternative for default miui v4 launcher. also u'll find this version come with default boot animation, not a customized one like before.

for whom who are not using phone camera for daily basis, this can be a daily ROM for you :)

i'll upload the rom later...

p/s: i also hv latest MIUI GB 2.3.9 version as my backup (in case i want to use camera)
    i managed to port austrie's miui v4 with working camera using latest ics .35 kernel, got signal but phone.apk fc. try to fix it by 2 ways, 1st way phone.apk stop fc, got signal but gsm only, no 3g, 2nd way no signal at all

Sent from my u9000 using xda premium

Brother what's happening with this Rom? no updates at all is anyone working on miui v4? I thought we'd taste ics first on miui, are we gonna get stable ics miUi? always loved your work and been your fan, pls hit me if you need basic help