Most curious.... *.wvm file

Search This thread

skeeterpro

Jan 8, 2011
Iowa
Realize the two files I have are the promotional "Hunger Games" movies offered to Tab S buyer. Have located them on my exSDcard. Now, curious to convert to be viewed on a player such as VLC, etc.

Anyone have success at this for offline at-one's-pleasure viewing?

Thanks

SiIsaac

Sep 4, 2014
Realize the two files I have are the promotional "Hunger Games" movies offered to Tab S buyer. Have located them on my exSDcard. Now, curious to convert to be viewed on a player such as VLC, etc.

Anyone have success at this for offline at-one's-pleasure viewing?

Thanks

Well...i've decided to join and want to say that I second this question.

I've been looking all around the web, basically everywhere on how to play
a locally downloaded wvm file on a computer or how to decypt/remove the drm
of one but to no prevail...have found nothing on it.

If you're wondering, I have a bunch of .wvm files that I downloaded some months ago
this year that I discovered on a foreign site. These .wvm files are an interesting bunch and
I couldn't figure out a way to play them/decrypt them.

I have however found the samsung ffmpeg files that I heard contains some sort of widevine
support however I'm at a fault of compiling/making it even work and stuck on it.

You can find that samsung ffmpeg by searching "samsung ffmpeg widevine" btw. =)

But I still been looking around and i'm starting to get nowhere after looking for months on end.
Indeed...and finding this thread and looking at some other threads on this site, I decided to join and
ask y'all the same question as skeeterpro asked...

Is there a way to either playback or remove the widevine drm of a .wvm file?
Any info is much appreciated and if you can't provide answers for reasons, I understand...
I'll be checking this thread once in a while, keeping an eye on any replies thus far.

Thanks for reading and i'll see y'all around.