[App] IVONA Speech Engine

Search This thread

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Just an FYI to anyone that has thought about using SVOX but didn't want to pay for the voices. Or, if you use navigation/voice readout on your phone but don't like the standard Android voice.

IVONA speech engine is similar to SVOX but having used both, I think IVONA sounds better. Currently it is in beta and it can be had free from Google Play and the voices are also free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivona.tts&hl=en

The beta seems to work very well. Only bad thing is when downloading the voices it can take around 10min even on WiFi (guessing their server connections are not the greatest).

Not sure how long the beta will last so check it out while you can. ;)

Reactions: nimzp

cornelious2

Dec 27, 2007
Saint Chuck
Using ivona on rooted stock causes my ringer to not work so have someone call you to make sure thats not happening to you.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk 2

CCallahan

Oct 20, 2010
Rock Chalk
Using ivona on rooted stock causes my ringer to not work so have someone call you to make sure thats not happening to you.

My ringer seems to be working. I'm using the voice readout/ringer option for my calls and running rooted/unlocked stock. One thing that bothers me is when reading out a phone number that is not named in my contacts it reads it like a regular number (using the stock selection in settings). However, I set that to ring only and downloaded talking caller id from Play and it works fine that way.

Last edited:

cornelious2

Dec 27, 2007
Saint Chuck
Yea, I think my issue started when I switched from kendra to amy. The voices are awesome, just something to be careful about if a missed call becomes the end of the world.

Uh60m Pilot

May 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
I had this problem too. I noticed that I lost my ringer when I selected "always use my setting". I turned off that setting and got my ringer back.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

cornelious2

Dec 27, 2007
Saint Chuck
I found after having this issue any time I selected a British voice on any text to speech engine it happened. sucks because they sound way better.

Sent from my mopho

Uh60m Pilot

May 17, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S21
I unlocked my phone this weekend and am now running HomeBase Photon without blur. I installed ivona voice and have not had an issue with my ringtone. I am wondering if the issue has anything to do with motoblur.

Sent from my MB855 using XDA

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Just an FYI to anyone that has thought about using SVOX but didn't want to pay for the voices. Or, if you use navigation/voice readout on your phone but don't like the standard Android voice.

IVONA speech engine is similar to SVOX but having used both, I think IVONA sounds better. Currently it is in beta and it can be had free from Google Play and the voices are also free.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ivona.tts&hl=en

The beta seems to work very well. Only bad thing is when downloading the voices it can take around 10min even on WiFi (guessing their server connections are not the greatest).

Not sure how long the beta will last so check it out while you can. ;)