Nokia Beamer

Search This thread

MedveHUN

Mar 15, 2014
Hi,

I want to try the app on my nokia lumia 520, my phone is dev unlocked, but i can't find the Nokia Beamer xap. Can anyone help me?

Thank you,

Medve

acewing905

Mar 14, 2014
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Nokia Beamer only works on devices with 1 GB of RAM or higher. Those devices get Nokia Beamer automatically with the Lumia Black update or, in the case of newer devices with Lumia Black, ship with it installed by default.

MedveHUN

Mar 15, 2014
Thanks,

Yes, you know correctly, but i want to try It, but the Lumia 520's got only 512mb RAM. I heard if i Dev. Unlock my Phone, I can install aps, wich need more Power. I downloaded the XAP from the Marketplace, but it's encrypted, and the SDK app deployment won't deploy to my Phone. So I need the decrypted XAP, or maybe an another method. Can anyone upload the decrypted XAP( if you downloaded the Nokia Beamer from the Marketplace, It Will be on your Phone.) or write an another method?
OR any alternative instead?
Thank you,

Medve

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
I heard if i Dev. Unlock my Phone, I can install aps, wich need more Power.

Dev unlock only allows you to sideload apps that use tier 3 capabilities (which is the same as most of the apps published in the store), so you gain nothing in terms of "power", just the ability to sideload homemade apps.

So I need the decrypted XAP, or maybe an another method. Can anyone upload the decrypted XAP( if you downloaded the Nokia Beamer from the Marketplace, It Will be on your Phone.) or write an another method?
OR any alternative instead?

We can't just pull decrypted XAPs from our phones... You need interop unlock for that (and possibly more), and so far that's only achieved on Samsung phones. Your best chance is to get someone with an unlocked Samsung device to install Beamer by using the proxy trick, then posting the XAP so you can sideload. But be aware this can potentially create new issues - it's an OEM app, so it probably uses capabilities not covered by dev unlock (which means you won't be able to sideload).

Or you can just try the proxy trick yourself. Change the device model to something with 1GB and it should be available for download.

Last edited:

MedveHUN

Mar 15, 2014
Dev unlock only allows you to sideload apps that use tier 3 capabilities (which is the same as most of the apps published in the store), so you gain nothing in terms of "power", just the ability to sideload homemade apps.

We can't just pull decrypted XAPs from our phones... You need interop unlock for that (and possibly more), and so far that's only achieved on Samsung phones. Your best chance is to get someone with an unlocked Samsung device to install Beamer by using the proxy trick, then posting the XAP so you can sideload. But be aware this can potentially create new issues - it's an OEM app, so it probably uses capabilities not covered by dev unlock (which means you won't be able to sideload).

Or you can just try the proxy trick yourself. Change the device model to something with 1GB and it should be available for download.

Thanks, but can you help me with? I'm New in WP, I've got android before.
Thank you,

Medve

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
Do a google search on how to trick the store into thinking you own a different device than you actually do. The tutorial may even be on this forum, so have a look around...

acewing905

Mar 14, 2014
Quite possible that it still checks for the RAM requirement when it's launched, even if you manage to install it.

Even when people run games like Temple Run 2 on 512 MB RAM devices, sideloaded, the XAP needs to be modified and have that check removed, or they will not launch, as far as I know. No idea on how this is done or even how the people who do this get their hands on decrypted XAPs, though.

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
Quite possible that it still checks for the RAM requirement when it's launched, even if you manage to install it.

Even when people run games like Temple Run 2 on 512 MB RAM devices, sideloaded, the XAP needs to be modified and have that check removed, or they will not launch, as far as I know. No idea on how this is done or even how the people who do this get their hands on decrypted XAPs, though.

Yeah, that's quite possible. But there's really no way of knowing without trying...

MedveHUN

Mar 15, 2014
Thanks for the help
I found 2 proxy servers, but they are unavalibe. Are you know working proxy servers?
I heard if the phone dont't have the minimum amount of RAM, I can't install the app with proxy trick. It is true?

Thank you,

Medve

DaviUnic

May 12, 2011
Thanks for the help
I found 2 proxy servers, but they are unavalibe. Are you know working proxy servers?
I heard if the phone dont't have the minimum amount of RAM, I can't install the app with proxy trick. It is true?

Thank you,

Medve

You can use fiddler to set up your own computer as a proxy...

IIRC the store doesn't specifically check for the amount of RAM the device has, only model, firmware and OS version, etc. and then makes conclusions based on that. So if you tell the store you have, say a 1520 instead of the 520, the store will assume your phone has 2 GB of RAM.

MedveHUN

Mar 15, 2014
You can use fiddler to set up your own computer as a proxy...

IIRC the store doesn't specifically check for the amount of RAM the device has, only model, firmware and OS version, etc. and then makes conclusions based on that. So if you tell the store you have, say a 1520 instead of the 520, the store will assume your phone has 2 GB of RAM.

Thank you

I will try this, I write later.

Medve

MedveHUN

Mar 15, 2014
I'm again,
So I tried to find any videos and writings about proxy servers, but I didn't found. Can you link me a video or write a guide?
Thank you,

Medve