[Q] Data Expectations with the M8 without Circuit Switch Fall Back

Search This thread

captain008

Jul 23, 2009
Norfolk, VA
As the title says I am looking at what to expect data wise with the M8 without circuit switch fall back. I live in an area where Sprint Spark is not available (Virginia Beach, VA) and as of recently, I am getting great LTE coverage with my EVO 4G LTE. The concern for this issue has become a little obsession because it derailed my 100% wanting of the M8. I understand I will definitely loose SVDO but all the features of the M8 allow me to overlook that. Thanks in advance to all that looked and wrote.

Last edited:
Reactions: thesabri

wfrandy

Jun 9, 2010
Reno
Not sure exactly what you are asking but I can say that my data coverage is noticeably better with my M8 than it was with my EVO 4G LTE. I normally stream Slacker radio on my commute to and from work, with the EVO LTE I would almost never keep a solid data connection the entire trip, with the M8 it is the opposite, I almost never lose data connection. It appears to me the radios and antennas in this phone are noticeably better than the ones in the EVO LTE. Additionally, and I don't know why this would be so, but my lte speeds are about twice as fast on my M8 than I was seeing with my EVO LTE.

captain008

Jul 23, 2009
Norfolk, VA
Not sure exactly what you are asking but I can say that my data coverage is noticeably better with my M8 than it was with my EVO 4G LTE. I normally stream Slacker radio on my commute to and from work, with the EVO LTE I would almost never keep a solid data connection the entire trip, with the M8 it is the opposite, I almost never lose data connection. It appears to me the radios and antennas in this phone are noticeably better than the ones in the EVO LTE. Additionally, and I don't know why this would be so, but my lte speeds are about twice as fast on my M8 than I was seeing with my EVO LTE.

Thanks for the reply, do you know if your area has been upgraded with the CSFB tech?

wfrandy

Jun 9, 2010
Reno
I do not know, As far as I know Sprint hasn't even officially announced LTE here yet. We have only had 4G for about 3-4 months, until a couple of months ago it was off more than on as they were working on it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    As the title says I am looking at what to expect data wise with the M8 without circuit switch fall back. I live in an area where Sprint Spark is not available (Virginia Beach, VA) and as of recently, I am getting great LTE coverage with my EVO 4G LTE. The concern for this issue has become a little obsession because it derailed my 100% wanting of the M8. I understand I will definitely loose SVDO but all the features of the M8 allow me to overlook that. Thanks in advance to all that looked and wrote.