How to turn off Caller ID readout

Search This thread

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
Hey guys. Can someone help me with turning off caller ID readout. When you get a call the phone read out the number before the ringtone. I tried everything nothing works. Can someone help?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

fabiane79

Mar 8, 2008
Atlanta
www.linkedin.com
uploadfromtaptalk1398648407940.jpguploadfromtaptalk1398648422112.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
Mine is greyed out for some reason any idea?

vat829

Jul 25, 2010

I got the phone to stop reading out loud my incoming calls but it is still reading out loud when i get calls from people on my favorite list. I think i need to uncheck the option call from favorite contacts under read notifications aloud setting but everything is grayed out for me I cannot check or uncheck any options. Any have any idea how to do it? I tried unchecking voice control already basicaly i tried everything suggested but i cannot get the options in read notifications aloud setting because it is grayed out. Help.

wolfc70

Feb 23, 2012
Oshkosh, WI
I got the phone to stop reading out loud my incoming calls but it is still reading out loud when i get calls from people on my favorite list. I think i need to uncheck the option call from favorite contacts under read notifications aloud setting but everything is grayed out for me I cannot check or uncheck any options. Any have any idea how to do it? I tried unchecking voice control already basicaly i tried everything suggested but i cannot get the options in read notifications aloud setting because it is grayed out. Help.

How did you solve it? I'm having the same issue, everything is all grayed out. This happened to me before and I had to do a factory reset, I really don't want to do that again. This incomming call announce just started a few days ago again, and the read notifications aloud is all grayed out under the language and input settings. I have talkback disabled and voice control is turned off. Any help would be appreciated!

Justin

vat829

Jul 25, 2010
How did you solve it? I'm having the same issue, everything is all grayed out. This happened to me before and I had to do a factory reset, I really don't want to do that again. This incomming call announce just started a few days ago again, and the read notifications aloud is all grayed out under the language and input settings. I have talkback disabled and voice control is turned off. Any help would be appreciated!

Justin

Are you restoring any system setting you had backup from your previous phone via Mybackup Pro. That's what was causing problem for me because was restoring system settings I had backup with MyBackup Pro with my S4 and restoring it onto my S5 which causing grayed out on settings.

wolfc70

Feb 23, 2012
Oshkosh, WI
I never used MyBackup pro. I just transferred my Google contacts. I guess I just have to do a factory reset again. I really do not understand the need for this feature outside of vehicle use. I really don't need everyone in my office knowing who is calling.

elliwigy

Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
XDA App Taskforce
i heard a call once where this was happening.. turns out it was car mode.. maybe check car mode settings n report back

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

apparently its called att drive mode and is an apk on att s5's not in settings.. id try that if all other stuff doesnt work

Sent from my SM-G900V using XDA Premium HD app

DukeTop

Sep 28, 2010
Detroit
Does anybody know how to get voice answering working without caller ID readout? I need the ability answer a call in my pocket while at work, but i don't want it reading out string of numbers, or the fact that my mother is calling. I'd rather tell by ringtone.

I posted the same question in the Verizon section, and the only answer was to turn it all off.

I have all the boxes under (Language and input->Read notifications aloud) unchecked.

Last edited:

jpatalia

Account currently disabled
Jan 27, 2010
GB
meettomy.site
bug in 4.4.2

I am on a custom ketan rom
Build XXUFND3

Tried every solution on the various forums but could not disable voice caller id on favourite contacts

Finally I tried this
Hand free mode settings
Even if it is off. ..
Yet untick incoming call.

And lo
The caller id got disabled

Attachments

• Screenshots_2014-07-15-13-41-16.png
    Screenshots_2014-07-15-13-41-16.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
Reactions: ebrahim700

Buffy Frobisher

Nov 10, 2014
Turning off voice notifications of callers on Galaxy S5

Hey guys. Can someone help me with turning off caller ID readout. When you get a call the phone read out the number before the ringtone. I tried everything nothing works. Can someone help?

After reading many forums and tearing my phone apart, I finally figured this one out. I had the same problem many others were reporting, with anyone in my Favorites having their names announced when they called, even though I'd turned off Talkback and any other voice stuff. What I had noticed was that in Settings/ Language And Input/Notification Readout, all five options were checked but greyed out so I couldn't uncheck them. And "Calls from favourite contacts" was the one causing me all the trouble.

The solution on a Galaxy S5 running 4.4.2 is to use two fingers to pull down the Notification Bar, and then from that bunch of icons you see turn ON Hands-Free Mode (which is the old Driving Mode - it has a steering wheel icon).

Now, go back to Settings/Language And Input/Notification Readout and you'll be able to uncheck all those 5 options. After you've done that, go back to the Notification Bar and turn OFF the Hands-Free Mode. Job done!

Reactions: ebrahim700

Top Liked Posts