Guid to Wifi tethering on Stock I537 rom without need file explorer to turn on

Search This thread

rb8720

Apr 5, 2014
What you need is a rooted i-537 with safstrap installed.
  1. make sure phone is rooted and you have safstrap installed.
  2. prevent you phone from updating itself as shown in the root guide in this forum.
  3. get a copy of the tethering provisioning apk from a custom rom. One that worked for me is attached to this thread.
  4. put the custom tetherprovisiong apk on an external sim card for access. boot into safestrap and make sure stock rom is selected.
  5. mount filesystem then open up safestaps file explorer and delete tetherprovisioning apd and tetherprovisioning odex from system/apps folder. Confirm that it is deleted.
  6. Now paste the custom tetherprovisioning.apk into the same system/apps folder. Reboot phone into stock, rooted rom and enjoy wifi tether.
  7. You should now be able to turn off and on with the normal method.

My phone: SGH-i537
Android version 4.3
Baseband I537UCUBML2
Rooted W/ Safestrap 3.71 installed

Thanks
RB8720

Attachments

• TetheringProvision.zip
    202.1 KB · Views: 234

rdh28

Sep 7, 2013
Don't need to. I renamed all the tethering apks/odex files. Moved the apk in the thread I linked to to system/app using root browser. Changed the permissions to 644 and rebooted.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

rdh28

Sep 7, 2013
One thing I did notice was after I renamed all four tethering apks/index files, moved in the exploited apk and rebooted is I got the "upgrading screen" which one can only assume was my phone picking up on the new apk. Let me know if you have any questions,I banged my head on this for days before I found a working method.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dcrewchief

Mar 12, 2009
Finaly tried your method and it worked like a charm. Never got the upgrade screen on boot up but it works fine. Thanks!

NGD1

Apr 9, 2012
Deland
www.facebook.com
Replaced provision apk and system still says i need to upgrade my plan removed tether automation and system says no data or incorrect sim, at&t unlocked and running tmo/metro, any ideas?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    What you need is a rooted i-537 with safstrap installed.
    1. make sure phone is rooted and you have safstrap installed.
    2. prevent you phone from updating itself as shown in the root guide in this forum.
    3. get a copy of the tethering provisioning apk from a custom rom. One that worked for me is attached to this thread.
    4. put the custom tetherprovisiong apk on an external sim card for access. boot into safestrap and make sure stock rom is selected.
    5. mount filesystem then open up safestaps file explorer and delete tetherprovisioning apd and tetherprovisioning odex from system/apps folder. Confirm that it is deleted.
    6. Now paste the custom tetherprovisioning.apk into the same system/apps folder. Reboot phone into stock, rooted rom and enjoy wifi tether.
    7. You should now be able to turn off and on with the normal method.

My phone: SGH-i537
    Android version 4.3
    Baseband I537UCUBML2
    Rooted W/ Safestrap 3.71 installed

Thanks
    RB8720