ERROR: (Status 7)

Search This thread

Takezo8

Jun 24, 2014
I have a problem, i install [ROM][UB][4.4.2][T/TX] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source} since recovery (T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7)
and when it is installing, put ERROR: (Status 7)

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
Download zip again, might be broken. :D

Sent from my Xperia V using Tapatalk.

Antiga Prime

Sep 25, 2012
I have a problem, i install [ROM][UB][4.4.2][T/TX] Carbon Rom KK Unofficial {built from source} since recovery (T4.3_PhilZCWM_6.0.4.7_LB_v1.7)

This is most likely due to you trying to install the build that isn't for your device. What phone do you have?

Some developers like to add a command at the beginning of the "updater-script" file that checks if your phone matches the file you're trying to install, and generally it outputs a messages. In some cases it doesn't, as is the case with several of the custom ROMs I've found here.

In my case, before flashing anything I always delete the entire first line with the "assert(getprop)..." statement, because sometimes the conditions specified in that command don't match what is specified in the ROM I'm on in the build.prop, especially when coming from Stock ROM, I think. I've done this with every ROM I've flashed, including the Carbon ROM, and deleting this line lets the installation continue.

On the other hand, this is a safeguard to prevent people from installing a ROM that is not for their phone, since there tend to be people who flash ROMs without having a clue of what they are doing or what the risks might be if something were to go wrong. So I'd make sure you have the right build for your phone, if it is, use 7zip to extract the updater-script file, delete that line, add it back with 7zip, reflash ROM.

Reactions: y9420045825

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

This is most likely due to you trying to install the build that isn't for your device. What phone do you have?

Some developers like to add a command at the beginning of the "updater-script" file that checks if your phone matches the file you're trying to install, and generally it outputs a messages. In some cases it doesn't, as is the case with several of the custom ROMs I've found here.

In my case, before flashing anything I always delete the entire first line with the "assert(getprop)..." statement, because sometimes the conditions specified in that command don't match what is specified in the ROM I'm on in the build.prop, especially when coming from Stock ROM, I think. I've done this with every ROM I've flashed, including the Carbon ROM, and deleting this line lets the installation continue.

On the other hand, this is a safeguard to prevent people from installing a ROM that is not for their phone, since there tend to be people who flash ROMs without having a clue of what they are doing or what the risks might be if something were to go wrong. So I'd make sure you have the right build for your phone, if it is, use 7zip to extract the updater-script file, delete that line, add it back with 7zip, reflash ROM.