[Tool] Awesome Recovery Tool-> Touchscreen based PH98IMG Creator (obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

con247

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
This is outdated. Get S-OFF.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t25gevM3hlk

This tool is unlike any other recovery based tool you have ever seen. I have seen alot of people struggling to reinstall gingerbread roms or even install other ICS roms due to their MainVer changing. Well I introduce Awesome Recovery Tool v2!

This is a touchscreen based tool (tested with AmonRa recovery). You answer two prompts in the tool from your phone and it will create a PH98IMG.zip based on what you need. This tool is based on the aroma (yes, like the smell, not amonra) recovery scripting. This allows you to use your touchscreen to select things during a flashable zip installation.

I have repurposed it as an easy recovery tool that will help get you booting again no matter what rom you are currently on. This will create a PH98IMG.zip personalized to the MainVer you have and the OS you want to flash to.

I don't see how this can get much more noob proof.

The main point of this tool is to create a PH98IMG.zip specific to your needs that has the right mainver attached to it and the right boot.img of the rom you want to get to.

Version 2 already out! You can flash custom boot images with this tool now! Put any boot image you want on your sd card named customboot.img and select the appropriate option in the tool.

How to use:
0) To flash a boot image specific to a rom, pull the boot.img out of the PH98IMG.zip included with the rom. Rename it to customboot.img and put it on the root of the sd card. (not in any folders). The PH98IMG.zip might be inside the roms zip file if it set to autoinstall.
1) Flash the attached zip file in recovery.
2) When the window pops up, tap your MainVer. If you are unsure, tap the OTA (middle button) first.
3) Tap the OS you want to flash to. (Select custom boot here if you are using that feature)
4) A PH98IMG.zip of the files you need has been created.
5) Amonra will say an error occured, but ignore it.
6) Reboot to hboot and install the PH98IMG.zip.
7) If you get main version older error, rerun the tool and select a higher main version.
8) Then flash a rom of the same version (ics/gb) that you chose in the tool. (Scott's cleanroms for each OS are a good base choice to atleast get your phone back on it's feet)

Other note: if the rom you want doesn't automatically reboot into hboot to flash a PH98IMG.zip (you have to put it there yourself) you should install the rom first then use this, but in all honesty it doesn't really matter.

Current Limitations
1) You will need a way delete the PH98IMG.zip off your SD card before you can reboot into recovery again. If you can't boot up because you haven't flashed the new rom yet, use an external card reader to remove the PH98IMG.zip from the card so you can boot into recovery. If you don't have one, the procedure in this post (also by me) will work aswell
2) Depending on the kernel that a specific rom uses, wifi might not work after using this tool. I will update this tool soon to take that into account and fix that problem.

Attachments

• AwesomeRecoveryToolv2.zip
    8.8 MB · Views: 3,670
Last edited:

cornjo

Feb 7, 2010
Nice work con247.. I will try it out once joelz drops another update or Newt..this will really make life easy!

con247

Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
It won't work with joel's roms since he has bravia engine. I will be adding an option for a custom boot image on the sd card

Demiurge7

Nov 17, 2011
Bellevue, WA
Xiaomi Mi 11 Ultra
You tested it? Good to have a 2nd confirmation.
Yes, I used it to go from a kernel that worked well with every ICS rom I tried (scroslers), to go to Joelz 1.7 with redefined. Wanted to try the oc, so decided to give this a try. Only took one take to get the mainver right (pulled sd to retry), but really simplified and sped up the process -- mostly I am stoked that there is a good method to switch this, given this definitely isnt the last time :) Thanks again!

Swifty31703

Aug 13, 2010
Indiana
Needs to be updated to include main version 3.10.605.13 for the 4.0.3 roms, please.

Thanks for the awesome tool though.

Thadrow

Jan 24, 2008
This should be bumped more or stickied. Very helpful and simple.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

con247

Sep 1, 2010
Ann Arbor
Was not aware of that version. I will add that when I get home tonight.

Any other features you guys think should be added?

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA App

Well as some of you might have figured out I haven't had time to update it yet. But I have some other cool features planned and I will work on it after my midterm exam tomorrow night. (yes, friday night wtf are they thinking?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is outdated. Get S-OFF.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t25gevM3hlk

This tool is unlike any other recovery based tool you have ever seen. I have seen alot of people struggling to reinstall gingerbread roms or even install other ICS roms due to their MainVer changing. Well I introduce Awesome Recovery Tool v2!

This is a touchscreen based tool (tested with AmonRa recovery). You answer two prompts in the tool from your phone and it will create a PH98IMG.zip based on what you need. This tool is based on the aroma (yes, like the smell, not amonra) recovery scripting. This allows you to use your touchscreen to select things during a flashable zip installation.

I have repurposed it as an easy recovery tool that will help get you booting again no matter what rom you are currently on. This will create a PH98IMG.zip personalized to the MainVer you have and the OS you want to flash to.

I don't see how this can get much more noob proof.

The main point of this tool is to create a PH98IMG.zip specific to your needs that has the right mainver attached to it and the right boot.img of the rom you want to get to.

Version 2 already out! You can flash custom boot images with this tool now! Put any boot image you want on your sd card named customboot.img and select the appropriate option in the tool.

How to use:
    0) To flash a boot image specific to a rom, pull the boot.img out of the PH98IMG.zip included with the rom. Rename it to customboot.img and put it on the root of the sd card. (not in any folders). The PH98IMG.zip might be inside the roms zip file if it set to autoinstall.
    1) Flash the attached zip file in recovery.
    2) When the window pops up, tap your MainVer. If you are unsure, tap the OTA (middle button) first.
    3) Tap the OS you want to flash to. (Select custom boot here if you are using that feature)
    4) A PH98IMG.zip of the files you need has been created.
    5) Amonra will say an error occured, but ignore it.
    6) Reboot to hboot and install the PH98IMG.zip.
    7) If you get main version older error, rerun the tool and select a higher main version.
    8) Then flash a rom of the same version (ics/gb) that you chose in the tool. (Scott's cleanroms for each OS are a good base choice to atleast get your phone back on it's feet)

Other note: if the rom you want doesn't automatically reboot into hboot to flash a PH98IMG.zip (you have to put it there yourself) you should install the rom first then use this, but in all honesty it doesn't really matter.

Current Limitations
    1) You will need a way delete the PH98IMG.zip off your SD card before you can reboot into recovery again. If you can't boot up because you haven't flashed the new rom yet, use an external card reader to remove the PH98IMG.zip from the card so you can boot into recovery. If you don't have one, the procedure in this post (also by me) will work aswell
    2) Depending on the kernel that a specific rom uses, wifi might not work after using this tool. I will update this tool soon to take that into account and fix that problem.
    this wont work when i went to ICS 4.4 scottsroms and im trying to go back to stock...... saya "Manver is newer" or something like that.... any thoughts??? thanks!!!:D

Get s off. This tool will no longer be supported

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using XDA
    Worked like a charm, and saves a ton of time in the long-run. Great idea, and great work!

You tested it? Good to have a 2nd confirmation.
    Thanks for the update friend. Bravia engine has been my choice at the present.

Updated, takes custom boot images now.
    Con, I'd like to refer you to this again...

Con247

made me lol again.