[HOW TO] Samsung Galaxy S I9070 Advance ROOT for most firmwares!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

巴哈姆特

Sep 9, 2011
problem

OK root in ZSLD1 only need to brush package inside the rootkernel.tar.md5 can root, root always will automatically restart!

mcpterra

Aug 4, 2009
+1 from Brazil

Hi good evening....

It worked and even Titanium is working too.
thank you very much

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
OK root in ZSLD1 only need to brush package inside the rootkernel.tar.md5 can root, root always will automatically restart!

Can you send me the kernel.bin.md5 from orginal ZSLD1 firmware? You can download firmware from sammobile.com and extract this file with winrar. I will make a flashable tar, with only this kernel, your phone won't restart any more and you' will keep root access.

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
Last edited:

montersgps

May 18, 2011
I get this CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: YES (8 COUNTS) after follow the first step!

Anyone here know how can i reset this count on my I9070!

preview.jpg

Last edited:

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
@montersgps

It is not made yet for our phone. For this we have to make a custom bootloader. That is (for now) beyond my knowledge.

Last edited:

xanonus

Mar 31, 2012
kernel patch for TriangleAwayProgram on Gingerbread (untested)

There is the TriangleAway Program.

It depends on "hidden" /dev/boot/mmcblk0boot0 device which appears with newer kernels like used by Android ICS 4.0.

EDIT2: I could try to backport the kernel patches, so that the devices needed by
TriangleAway appears. (in a earlier version of this post I offered already some patch, but it was incomplete).

Last edited:

qzem

Jun 23, 2010
There is the TriangleAway Program.

It depends on "hidden" /dev/boot/mmcblk0boot0 device which appears with newer kernels like used by Android ICS 4.0.

EDIT2: I could try to backport the kernel patches, so that the devices needed by
TriangleAway appears. (in a earlier version of this post I offered already some patch, but it was incomplete).

This TriangelAway program seems to be only for phones with ICS. But it would be great if you'll find solution for our phone. I never asked you if you own samsung galaxy S advance or not?

Last edited:

xanonus

Mar 31, 2012
Febrie doesily

This TriangelAway program seems to be only for phones with ICS. But it would be great if you'll find solution for our phone.

In the TriangleAway thread it is described how it works.
So if we/I manage to patch our 2.6.35 kernel properly, we should see the /dev/block/mmcblk0boot0 device and can then either try to run TriangelAway (we could ask the author for a Gingerbread version if needed) or change the flash count manually.

I never asked you if you own samsung galaxy S advance or not?

I have not yet a Galaxy S advance, but I am very interested in purchase one, probably in about one week. As it could be rooted now (thanks, qzem! :) ), there is no real reason speaking against it anymore.

Reactions: qzem

foxity

Sep 27, 2010
São Paulo
I'm waiting out the firmware retail from Brazil to move the files to our friend, the more it should take another 2 months.

Cche

May 28, 2012
Florianopolis
i´ve followed the steps exactly as told, everything went fine.

Brazilian VJLD1 here (i would provide image, but the forum does not allow?),

Something strange happened just after the second process of flashing, when the phone restarted, it didn´t find any signal from my Signal provider (vivo), i just restarted again and the signal was fine again, 100%.

Thanks for the Tutorial, it works :D

Last edited:

branco_largado

May 28, 2012
i´ve followed the steps exactly as told, everything went fine.

Brazilian VJLD1 here (i would provide image, but the forum does not allow?),

Something strange happened just after the second process of flashing, when the phone restarted, it didn´t find any signal from my Signal provider (vivo), i just restarted again and the signal was fine again, 100%.

Thanks for the Tutorial, it works :D

Please back up the rom and post VJLD1 somewhere for Brazilians who, like me, ended up installing XXLD1 trying to route the i9070 and are now without the Portuguese BR.
PS: I do not speak English so I translated with Google translator, so if there are errors please forgive me.:)

Cche

May 28, 2012
Florianopolis
Please back up the rom and post VJLD1 somewhere for Brazilians who, like me, ended up installing XXLD1 trying to route the i9070 and are now without the Portuguese BR.
PS: I do not speak English so I translated with Google translator, so if there are errors please forgive me.:)

i guess i joined the club, cause i didn´t save a backup :eek:

but thats odd, because mine has PT-BR option enabled and working.

how can i backup my rom?

Last edited:

branco_largado

May 28, 2012
He can't make a backup with ro manager, since there is no recovery for our phone yet. Original firmware is on sammobile.com. Just serach for I9070, and you'll find all available firmware.

Thanks for the explanation, I've been in sammobile.com but still does not have the firmware that I want is version VJLD1 here in Brazil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ok after a 2-3 weeks of pain and miserably, I have managed to compile a kernel which give us permanent root for Samsung Galaxy S Advance. There is a little problem with this method. Cause I am a total beginner in developing, my kernel has side affects. It makes phone reboots for no reason, I think there is some problem with drivers. Don't worry I have found a workaround. First you must flash my kernel to get root access, that just flash original kernel back, and the root access is still there, and the reboots are gone. Now you know why it is called ugly method :D. When I'll have time I will try to provide 100% working kernel.

FIRST THIS WAS MADE FOR PHONES WITH XXLD1 firmware (european) , but with help of testers now this method also works on ZSDL1, VJLD1 DXLD1, DDLD4, JPLD3, ZSLE4, XXLD2 and XXLE2 firmware, I have add kernels for this firmwares (Step 10, of rooting proces)! You are free to test it on other firmwares, just make sure you have original firmware ready if something goes wrong

SECOND I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE IF THIS WILL BRICK YOUR PHONE!
    Under normal circumstances it won't. If something goes wrong you can still flash original firmware with odin.

THIRD this can only be done in Windows.

Now the procedure :)

1. Download GT-I9070-root.rar, and extract it somewhere on you local disk.

2. From stuff you just extracted run program Odin3 v1.83.exe

3. Then open Settings in your phone, go to Aplications -> Development and check USB Debugging and Allow mock locations. Both needs to be Checked (Selected).

4. Turn off phone and turn it back on into Download mode, like this press Volume Down + Home button + Power button, wait untill some "strange" screen appers, put in usb cable and choose continue.

5. Now wait until Odin recognize your phone. It can take a while first time, if you have problems search for samsung drivers on the internet,

6. Under PIT file browse for GT-I9070_EUR_XX_8G_20111220_KL6.pit, you have extracted this file before.

7. Under PDA choos rootkernel.tar.md5.

8. Then check what options are checked (Selected), be sure to UNCHECK (remove selction) Re-Partition, Flash Lock, Phone EFS Clear, Phone Bootloader Update! Only Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time should be checked (Selected)

9. When this is set just press Start and wait for phone to reboot.

10. Now repeat steps from 4 to 9, with one exception at step 7 now choose xxld1.tar.md5. For other firmwares you can download appropriate kernels here:
    ZSLD1.tar.md5 (removed)
    VJLD1.tar.md5. (removed
    DXLD1.tar.md5 (removed)
    DDLD4.tar.md5
    JPLD3.tar.md5
    ZSLE4.tar.md5[
    XXLD2.tar.md5
    XXLE2.tar.md5
    BULE2.tar.md5
    DDLI1.tar.md5
    DXLD2.tar.md5
    PXXLD2.tar.md5
    UBLD1.tar.md5
    PXXLE1.tar.md5
    DDLI1.tar.md5

I am very sorry to inform you but since i only have free account on mediafire, some of my files where removed by their administrators due to too many downloads :(. If some body could gather all the files and provide alternative link (but not dropbox, cause they have limited downloads as well, as far as I know).

11. Download and install Superuser or SuperSU aplication from market and enjoy the rooted phone! And you must also download Busybox to install busyboxbinary. [Recommended way]
    Or you can use Superoneclick, this tools push the Superuser aplication to /system/app and it installs busybox binary. Just search this tools on XDA.

Voila your phone should now be rooted. I will do my best to improve this method.

This wouldn't happened without a help of this people (THANK YOU GUYS!):

xanonus
    kilsmap
    mb-14
    interloop
    sknight13602
    lownoise

Your information were priceless!!

I hope I didn't miss someone, if I did, I apologize, I will add you, just tell me :)!

FINAL WARNING: when rooting phone you are voiding warranty, so think twice if you are ready for this :).
    For restoring your phone to the original firmware, go HERE to download your country or region specific firmware. Register and search for I9070 under firmware. Than you can flash this firmware with Odin just like the kernel, you choose PIT file (the same file that is used for kernel flashing) and you put original firmware under PDA section, re-partition must NOT be selected!

There are a reports from user BaBaCaNA and three other users, that this method works on the Brazilian phone with kernel VJLD1. I would love to here from other user, if they are willing to test this on other firmwares, which are not european. And report here if they have succeed.

Ok I have add additional kernels ZSLD1, VJLD1, DXLD1, DDLD4, JPLD3, ZSLE4, BULE2 and DDLI1. Check Step 10 in the first post.

Thanks to gpy0000000, RSDamasceno, jheiimarkova, sky881, activatedgeek, hmorcos, titus1, c128, shut_down for sending me original kernels, I've just repacked them into flashable tar.

Special thanks for donating goes to:

• m_loaiza
    • Risuke
    • igorvelho4
    • Stefano P.
    • Fernando Yukelson
    • Max Shepley

READ THIS!!!

Ok cause I don't follow this thread often, here is one more time the procedure for rooting any firmware. You can find the correct firmware on sammobile.com. Download it, and extract it twice to get the kernel.bin.md5. Than download an install Cygwin, if you are using windows, to get shell commands. If you have linux you don't need it. Than copy kernel.bin.md5 in you cygwin home folder (you've set this folder during installation). Now run Cygwin and enter thos commands:

Code:
    tar cvf theNameOfKernel.tar kernel.bin.md5
     md5sum -t theNameOfKernel.tar >> theNameOfKernel.tar
     mv theNameOfKernel.tar theNameOfKernel.tar.md5

You use this repacked kernel in second phase of flashing, when you repeat the steps. That's it!

If you don't understand this procedure, please use google or some other search engine to get the answers you need. If you still don't know what you are doing, ask in the thread, I am sure someone will answer your question.

Please don't PM me for every little thing!
    Hello!

I don't have much time at the moment, so I've deceided to write a little guide on how to repack original kernel by yourself. You need to install Cygwin on your pc. This is a linux command prompt for windows. If you have linux installed, than this can be done in terminal. Then you have to copy kernel.bin.md5 into cygwin home direcotry (this diretory is created during install process). After that there are only three steps to do, to repack it. Run Cygwin and write this:

tar -cvf XXLD3.tar kernel.bin.md5
    md5sum -t XXLD3.tar >> XXLD3.tar
    mv XXLD3.tar XXLD3.tar.md5

That is it, you can now use your repacked kernel in my rooting process, at step 10.

Good luck!
    Hey guys I am sorry to inform you, but I couldn't get my phone repaired, and this phone is not sold in my country (I got the first one from my friend, but it was the last one he could provide), so I've bought new phone HTC One S, and I will most probably start to work on this phone since it lacks support too ( there are to versions of this phone, and of course I got the one that lacks developrs support :rolleyes:). I hope someone else will continue to work on Galaxy S Advance, I think you guys deserve to have custom roms and other cool stuff for this baby :)!

Good luck, and thank you all for the support!
    Donate button added!

Hello!

Tommorow I will add a ZSLE4 firmware root support. I hope everything will work!

Just for the info, I have finally add a donate button (it is above my avatar picture), so if anyone wishes to support my work by donating something little you are very welcome :). Maybe if I gather enaugh donations I could finally buy me a new Advance, and continue to develope on this phone. Since my first one is totally bricked, and I didn't have warranty. But even a click on thanks button is enaugh for me!

Thanks for your support!

XDA rulz! :D