[Q] Sound/Headphone Mod Issue

Search This thread

carbon_x

Apr 17, 2014
Hi all! Thanks for any and all help!

Quick info: Stock ROM 4.4.2 via OTA (LS980ZVC), Rooted, Nova Launcher and Xposed Framework. I've tried flashing other ROMs and it just didn't work so I went back to stock.

I'm not too impressed with the speaker and headphone volume on my phone. I didn't buy the phone for the sound, though, so that's a good thing. However, an improvement would be nice!

I've tried both the sound mods below:

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2482750 - Root Explorer would not allow me to copy the file from my SD card to the proper location saying "copy failed!" each and every time.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2542398 - I flashed this and it soft bricked my phone. I got bootlooped because of it. Is there any particular reason, other than I just don't know how to flash right? (all kidding aside!)

Is there an easy way to get one of these two to work, or am I just stuck with the sound I have?

Again, thanks for any and all help, folks!

(I posted this in the Sprint G2 help thinking it was the general G2 help.. whoops... sorry for cross posting)

votinh

Jul 6, 2011
If it rooted, RE should work.
Make sure you check and change permission if needed.

carbon_x

Apr 17, 2014
If it rooted, RE should work.
Make sure you check and change permission if needed.

RE works and I can navigate to the correct folder, as well as copy/paste the old file from /system/etc/snd_soc_msm to my SD card. Moving the file from the SD card, or copy and pasting, results in "Operation failed!" and no change. Permissions are good as far as I can see?

carbon_x

Apr 17, 2014
Just as a heads up, I downloaded Viper4Android FX and XHiFi, and that worked the treat to get the sound muuuuuuch more clear and tolerable from Pandora. Night and day difference, no doubt... although Pandora's bitrate isn't high, it's 100x more tolerable now.