[Q] Themer crashes on Galaxy S5.

Search This thread

deathadder7

Apr 9, 2014
So i recently installed Themer on my brand new Galaxy s5. I press the home button and selected themer. My phone turned black and didn't turn on, so i turned off my phone. When i turned it back on it passed the galaxy startup image and went to my Verizion screen. There it froze. I had to remove the battery and it turned back on. What i would like to know is if Themer works on the S5, or should i have waited when selecting Themer after pressing the home button?

ThemerSupport

Aug 9, 2013
So i recently installed Themer on my brand new Galaxy s5. I press the home button and selected themer. My phone turned black and didn't turn on, so i turned off my phone. When i turned it back on it passed the galaxy startup image and went to my Verizion screen. There it froze. I had to remove the battery and it turned back on. What i would like to know is if Themer works on the S5, or should i have waited when selecting Themer after pressing the home button?

Hi deathadder7,

Please try this method, as it should help fix the issue:
1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes).
3. Reinstall Themer.

Hope this helps, if not, please let us know. There might have been a problem during installation.

Regards,
Marco

Reactions: kpirnie

deathadder7

Apr 9, 2014
Hi deathadder7,

1. Uninstall Themer.
2. Delete the /sdcard/MyColorScreen/ folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes).
3. Reinstall Themer.

Hope this helps, if not, please let us know. There might have been a problem during installation.

Regards,
Marco

Seems to be working better now. Sorry for the late reply. Thankyou for you're help.

deathadder7

Apr 9, 2014
Hi deathadder7,

1. Uninstall Themer.
3. Reinstall Themer.

Regards,
Marco

Sadly, this did not work. After it says installing, my phone goes black. I can never turn it on from that point. I have to restart it and when that happens it takes me to the Verizion where it freezes.

Reactions: nada_rayehan

ssnr

Jan 25, 2010
San Francisco
I've been getting the same thing too on my HTC One M8. Themer was working flawlessly then when i updated everything seemed to bug out. I've have tried deleting the folder and re-installing multiple times.

Problem lies when I try to apply a theme it just doesn't work either goes black or stuck on "tap the phone below to apply your theme" but the phone is gone and there is just a blank image in the area. Two patches ago themer was working fine with no issues at all.

HTC one m8.
Not rooted, everything is stock settings.
haven't touched a thing on my phone just updated to the latest version on themer. Hope this helps any ideas on how to fix??

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi deathadder7,

1. Uninstall Themer.
    3. Reinstall Themer.

Regards,
    Marco
    Hi deathadder7,

1. Uninstall Themer.
    3. Reinstall Themer.

Regards,
    Marco

Sadly, this did not work. After it says installing, my phone goes black. I can never turn it on from that point. I have to restart it and when that happens it takes me to the Verizion where it freezes.

Are you rooted? If so, have you modified the display/DPI/resolution settings in any way?