[TOOL] KDZ and TOT Extractor

Search This thread

amitbd

Nov 4, 2014
LG G4 H815 Dead Phone

My LG G4 H815 is stuck in qualcomm hs-usb qdloader 9008 mode. Any suggestion for unbrick. Waiting for any suggestion.

dorin-97

Apr 25, 2015
Lg leon h320 kdz

hi guys, i start this since its support tot file where previously on Tool][python] LG Compressed KDZ Extractor

The feature is :
- Extract KDZ
- Extract DZ
- Merge System file from DZ
- Add KDZ header by your self in Customize section

- Extract TOT
- Merge Partition file

Tested with firmware :
- LG G2 Mini KDZ
- LG G3 KDZ, TOT
- LG G2 D802, D803
- LG G2 ATT and Sprint
- LG G Pro KDZ file TOT File
- LG G Pro 2 KDZ file
- LG G Flex TOT file
- LG Optimus 4X HD DZ file

Thanks to :
- thecubed
- cybojenix
- Xonar
for their great work!!

use this tool for browse or extract the system or cache or usedata partition file
ext2read_windows

use LGFlashTool for flash DZ file , same like tot file
- use extracted DLL and DZ file on LGFlashTool
LGFlashTool 1.8.1.1023 :
Setup_LGFlashTool_1.8.1.1023.zip
Unlock LGFLashTool :
Download link
Guide how to use :
Guide using LGFlashTool
sorry look like its won't work because its missing the flash.* files as in Optimus 4X HD DZ file has it

WindowsLGFirmwareExtract
WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-ver.1.2.0.0
WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-ver.1.2.1.0
WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-ver.1.2.2.0
WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-ver.1.2.3.0
WindowsLGFirmwareExtract-ver.1.2.5.0

So i was trying to merge the system but the problem is that instead of the system bins i have ANDROID bins and i cant merge the android, is there a way to merge the android bins?

krusion

Dec 16, 2013
So is there a way to actually extract my KDZ or TOT and then modify it so I can then flash it using LGUP? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to return to stock kitkat. I'm currently on V10o-AME-xx (middle east) and rooted. I want to remove the root but stay on kitkat. All the TOT and KDZ I found were european or asian. Didn't find any middle eastern. So if I were to be able to extract and then flash my own, that would be great!

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
So while this isn't in the LG G4 section, this of course works with LG G4 and so I have a question for you @bullghost (or anyone else for that matter)

Does anyone know how to recreate a KDZ file? There are plenty of tools for extracting, even some open source ones, but not finding anything that assists with creating a KDZ. Any help would be appreciated

Last edited:

Tikerz

Nov 5, 2005
Mesa, AZ
I have a bricked G Pad 8.0 (V495). If I buy another G Pad 8.0 can I use this tool to extract KDZ/TOT and use it to fix my bricked one?

Or better yet does someone have a stock V495 G Pad 8.0 who can extract a KDZ/TOT for me? :D

emdroidle

Oct 6, 2015
So is there a way to actually extract my KDZ or TOT and then modify it so I can then flash it using LGUP? Reason I ask is because I'm trying to return to stock kitkat. I'm currently on V10o-AME-xx (middle east) and rooted. I want to remove the root but stay on kitkat. All the TOT and KDZ I found were european or asian. Didn't find any middle eastern. So if I were to be able to extract and then flash my own, that would be great!

Most of the rooting tools include some way of unrooting, just need to find it. Pretty often simply start the app associated with the rooting tool and press a button labeled "unroot".

So while this isn't in the LG G4 section, this of course works with LG G4 and so I have a question for you @bullghost (or anyone else for that matter)

Does anyone know how to recreate a KDZ file? There are plenty of tools for extracting, even some open source ones, but not finding anything that assists with creating a KDZ. Any help would be appreciated

A better link would have been to the thread of the original developer for that tool. I got permission from the original author to reuse the code as long as attribution is given, which means mine is under GPL.

I'm currently working on rebuilding the files, but this is not the easiest thing to do. I'm pretty sure I've figured out how to correctly interpret all the fields on the individual chunks of the DZ file (the actual file containing the flash image inside the KDZ file), but I'm rather unsure of the fields on the header of the DZ file. I have though managed to successfully recreate the chunks of a DZ file, so I am making progress slowly. My initial implementation of this though relies on the SEEK_DATA/SEEK_HOLE functionality available on various flavors of Unix (including Linux), so it does have limitations. Also note, this functionality hasn't been uploaded to GitHub yet.

My big concern is the KDZ files may have signatures to protect against installing a maliciously modified KDZ file. If this is so, the effort will be sunk without those keys (and I doubt LG will disclose them), unless LGUP can be told to install a "corrupt" KDZ file anyway.

Last edited:

emdroidle

Oct 6, 2015

Upon further examination, it looks like that really is the original author of that tool. I'd found the thread where they'd announced it and I'd never expected to find it on GitHub. Now I've got the difficulty of ideally I'd like to adjust git's history so mine appears as a branch (it did originate there!). Anyone with more familiarity know how to convince git to modify history in that way?

In other news though, I have now managed to recreate a DZ file from components and the method would have allowed me to modify the contents. I'm confident in my analysis of the DZ format. One problem is my technique works best on Linux, the other is I'm simply copying several fields from an LG DZ file, though several of those fields are obviously safe to copy. Now the difficulty is to rebuild a KDZ from a modified DZ and the other portions.

billa

Mar 30, 2006
Last edited:
Reactions: netmsm

casual_kikoo

Nov 25, 2014
Paris, France
Upon further examination, it looks like that really is the original author of that tool. I'd found the thread where they'd announced it and I'd never expected to find it on GitHub. Now I've got the difficulty of ideally I'd like to adjust git's history so mine appears as a branch (it did originate there!). Anyone with more familiarity know how to convince git to modify history in that way?

In other news though, I have now managed to recreate a DZ file from components and the method would have allowed me to modify the contents. I'm confident in my analysis of the DZ format. One problem is my technique works best on Linux, the other is I'm simply copying several fields from an LG DZ file, though several of those fields are obviously safe to copy. Now the difficulty is to rebuild a KDZ from a modified DZ and the other portions.

Omg dude you are doing a f*ck**g great job. I've been looking for a tool like this for a while, to create a pre-rooted KDZ. If you manage to do this, it would be awesome for the community.

Please keep doing your job, if you need help, ask, it would be a pleasure :) !

Last edited:

rzstanley

Jun 4, 2016
This tool ****ing sucks works for about 1% of the firmwares out there. Are there any tools out there that work for the new firmware??

jerdog

Admin Emeritus - Purveyor of word nuggets
This tool ****ing sucks works for about 1% of the firmwares out there. Are there any tools out there that work for the new firmware??

l3MjL.gif

I suggest you understand that this guy is doing something you quite obviously don't know how to - so if it doesn't work for you - then don't get your knickers in a twist, mmk?

HiagoWaltz

Aug 31, 2016
Hello. I am a software developer ... I am interested in improving the design visually and functions. I wonder if you can send me the Source Code Project so that I can make the changes.
I will be putting the credits!

Email: tanksuport@gmail.com

Noksucow1

Jul 19, 2016

You suck. Where's your contribution to anything ?

Now if we could solve the putting them back together I could seriously improve this bastard child of a phone they call US991LD (unbranded G4).

s_bairouty

Dec 12, 2009
Hi,,

I flashed a wrong kdz stock firmware to LG G5 RS988 via LG Flash Tool,
and after finish the phone didn't turn on :(

it gives me a black screen, even no lights,,

any solution?

Thank you,,

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts