Trying to go back to stock, problems relocking the bootloader

Search This thread

inexplicability

May 31, 2011
PHOENIX
I'm following this guide: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2358738

I flashed the ruu successfully, but now I'm trying to remove the tampered flag and relock the bootloader but I need to have su installed. I am unable to install it because I lost root apparently? SuperSU says that it's unable to install the binaries and I cannot install them.

Can anyone help?

Darkmx2000

Nov 4, 2009
Charlestown
All you need to do is connect to fastboot USB and open command and type fast boot OEM lock and you'll relock the boot loader.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

inexplicability

May 31, 2011
PHOENIX
All you need to do is connect to fastboot USB and open command and type fast boot OEM lock and you'll relock the boot loader.

Thanks for the quick reply. So just to make sure, the command is "fastboot oem lock"?

Also, will this get me back to s-on?

SO pretty much I'm unlocked with s-off, but no root.

Last edited:

Darkmx2000

Nov 4, 2009
Charlestown
Yep if you have flashed the stock RUU and no longer have SU then all you need to do is reboot into Boot loader and click Fastboot then open a cmd window and type in "Fastboot oem lock" and that will relock the bootloader to s-on.

---------- Post added 17th March 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th March 2014 at 11:58 PM ----------

I had to do the same thing last week to send fiances phone to get fixed because of the camera issue and accidently sent it in unlocked ? and they allowed me to relock it and send it in again without destroying my warranty.

inexplicability

May 31, 2011
PHOENIX
Yep if you have flashed the stock RUU and no longer have SU then all you need to do is reboot into Boot loader and click Fastboot then open a cmd window and type in "Fastboot oem lock" and that will relock the bootloader to s-on.

---------- Post added 17th March 2014 at 12:00 AM ---------- Previous post was 16th March 2014 at 11:58 PM ----------

I had to do the same thing last week to send fiances phone to get fixed because of the camera issue and accidently sent it in unlocked ? and they allowed me to relock it and send it in again without destroying my warranty.

Alright, again, thanks for the help.

The bootloader is locked, but it says "relocked" instead of "locked" in hboot. Not sure if this is an issue or not.

However, it still says "S-OFF". Am I good to do ota updates? The microphone stopped working on my phone so I'm trying to get it back up to the latest OTA before I take it in.

Chilidog

Oct 6, 2013
Alright, again, thanks for the help.

The bootloader is locked, but it says "relocked" instead of "locked" in hboot. Not sure if this is an issue or not.

However, it still says "S-OFF". Am I good to do ota updates? The microphone stopped working on my phone so I'm trying to get it back up to the latest OTA before I take it in.
@cmlusco I don't think it is supposed to say relocked right?