New swype beta

Search This thread

tcberg2010

Apr 12, 2010
North Carolina
Does anyone know if the new swype beta is compatable with the eris? Trying to find it for my wife and have had no luck.

Sent from my Rooted Incredible using Tapatalk

Necron80

May 4, 2010
Madison
I found this over on the android forums.
This should work for you.
It has been working for me with Sense-able Rom 3.1

Attachments

• com.swype.android.inputmethod.hvga.v1.25.16.5612.apk
    2 MB · Views: 210
Last edited:

Necron80

May 4, 2010
Madison
Found a new one here on XDA I have tested it and it is working.
it can be found... showthread.php?p=6787995

I have also uploaded it

Attachments

• swype.hvga-1.56.apk
    2.5 MB · Views: 313
Last edited:

vincecoppola

May 24, 2010
Hey guys I'm really having a hard time making double letters in this new version, it just doesn't seem to work. Old one worked fine before it expired. Any ideas??

Necron80

May 4, 2010
Madison
I just tried some words with double letters and like Vince its not working well.
after playing around with it for a few found that it seems like the program is not tracking correctly. I have tried the Speed VS Accuracy and it didn't help much if any. I my have to give shapewriter a shot.

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
saying it cant find an application to load this file.

So, what you need to do is go into your settings>Language & Keyboard and make sure the box next to Swype is checked. If there is no box there, then the install did not work right. Once you have the box checked, then go into a program that you would be able to type something (text, email, browser, etc) and long press in the box you want to type in. It will come up with some options like copy/paste/input selection. You'll want to choose input selection and then you should be able to choose Swype as your go to keyboard. Hope this helps...

J-Woo

Jun 10, 2010
Midwest
[snip]I don't understand why swype writes their program to only last a couple days. Pretty shady.[snip]

It's because they haven't released it yet. They have several BETA versions that they're testing. This is why you can't find it on the market. There is ONE version out there with a license that won't give you a "trial period ended" error, but few have it. This is for testing purposes, though it may be annoying for you and others, this is what will make it such great app, extensive testing. It should be soon...looks like they've almost got it nailed down.

FWIW, none of us are even supposed to have this app...be thankful you've gotten to play with it.

orkillakilla

May 10, 2010
Tennessee
I have swype with a license that won't expire. I downloaded it from another thread in the eris forums. Awesome app.

-------------------------------------
Sent from my HTC Droid Eris using Swype. Gone Google!