[ROM][Googlecode release] FINAL version 20.11.2011 r175

Search This thread

pwel

Dec 26, 2006
Nice. :D And the battery problem is solved? :D

You can see the remaining issues here

---------- Post added at 09:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

To be honnest, I don't really feel a clear improvement, may be the OS is more fast.

But the big bug for me, is that while the phone is connected to USB for charge, the phone is very, very, very slow...
There must be a kind of process running in parallel while usb is plugged on, that slows everything.
NB: I have only test the USB charge via a PC usb port, not on sector.

Cheers.

you can check your issues here. If it is not in, you may submit it.

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
To be honnest, I don't really feel a clear improvement, may be the OS is more fast.

But the big bug for me, is that while the phone is connected to USB for charge, the phone is very, very, very slow...
There must be a kind of process running in parallel while usb is plugged on, that slows everything.
NB: I have only test the USB charge via a PC usb port, not on sector.

Cheers.

What clear improvement you expected?

jomaga

Apr 20, 2008
No battery changes... Last night was 100% and this morning its only 20%. Too bad... :(
Try to change your mode from Auto WCDMA to GSM only and disable automatic account updates
I don't use 3G at all (I have almost all the time a Wifi connection), so I use GSM and I have all the updates only when a wifi net is detected
I have 100% of the time both Wifi and GPS on, but i have battery for 1,5 days with moderate usage (10 calls, some Internet, some games, 1h music)

for me it's using only 1-2% per night
Same here, very low battery usage in idle, less than 5%

Last edited:

jomaga

Apr 20, 2008
Change it in android settings. I don't know how are the name of the menus in portugese, but in spanish is in Conexiones inalambricas/Redes moviles/Modo de red

jomaga

Apr 20, 2008
Forgot to mention... One android reboot this evening during a call with r175
I mean only android reboot not phone reboot

ThePear

Aug 5, 2011
Paris
Ok, after 2 days of use, I have to admit that finally, system is running much better, clearly faster.

However, I still have a doubt on Battery life optimisation.
with R169, I had to recharge battery every 2 days.
with R175, Battery only last 16 hours (100% at 7am in the morning, and 10% at 11pm at night..)
I always turn-off Wifi and 3G Data and use screen filter.
I'm going check processes to close apps running in backoffice to check if it improves battery life.

---------- Post added at 10:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

in most cases high battery drain is caused by apps!

Question schlund : how to optimise battery drain caused by apps? Do you suggest any app that can optimise memory or CPU use?

update :
I used advanced task killer, killed many apps running in parallel like gg maps for example, and now, battery use is stable.
cheers!

Last edited:

Dr.Move

Sep 18, 2010
Hello
My sister has an HD mini and I finally convinced her to try android on her device. The problem is I can't download the files you've provided because google blocks my country. and it's not easy to get a big file through "other means".
is there any chance of this getting uploaded to Mediafire or the like?

tzacapaca

Apr 8, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Hello
My sister has an HD mini and I finally convinced her to try android on her device. The problem is I can't download the files you've provided because google blocks my country. and it's not easy to get a big file through "other means".

here http://www.ge.tt/#!/9WQPzKA

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Hello,
tonight at flight mode, the battery was very, very fast empty (24:00 = 70%, 07:00 = 12%).
Stettings on WM6.5: GSM mode, not flight mode.

here we are talking about Android OS not about WM6.5

Reactions: Dr.Move
Oct 25, 2006
Bayern/Würzburg
here we are talking about Android OS not about WM6.5[/QUOTE]

of course.
You have to get on wm 6.5 on the sd-card access to boot android.
The question now, what setting in WM 6.5 (flight mode oder GSM) before you boot android?

Last edited:

jomaga

Apr 20, 2008
of course.
You have to get on wm 6.5 on the sd-card access to boot android.
The question now, what setting in WM 6.5 (flight mode oder GSM)?

Change to GSM in Android settings, not in WM6.5. No need to turn to flight mode, I have all night Wifi ON, Gps ON Phone ON (Gsm), and I have less than 5% battery consumption overnight

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys,

as promised, here is our FINAL release of the Froyo Sense ROM.

Link to download:
    http://code.google.com/p/photon-android/downloads/list

What's new ?
    - tun.ko module for VPN Services added
    - cleaned up the release
    - fixed several minor bugs
    - added new audio & acoustic workaround:
    * Volume now fully working, in call & with headset
    * fixed the Mic Echo bug
    * see Status here: http://htc-linux.org/wiki/index.php?title=PhotonAcousticDevelopment

(Unfortunately didn't fix FM Radio yet, also BLUETOOTH-Audio Routing, i do not have a headset :/ )

Have Fun!

Additional installation instructions:

We recommend not to make an update!

- Give it some more minutes on first boot before you start with the installationwizard
    - Restart after setup
    - Use Wifi to get latest market updates
    - When you are having problem's with 3G connection (APN etc) add the 3G fix from Download Section!

FAQ:

What does "FINAL" release mean?
    It means that development on this froyo release with HTC sense has stopped

Why has it stopped?
    Froyo is too old, has no longer official support by google and there are no new updates by HTC. Also, most of the applications are proprietary and the ROM is a native Liberty ROM, it makes no sense to continue development there.

And now?
    It seems that the "Google Code Page" project will be stopped.
    But don't panic! I have started developing on new android & kernel sources some weeks ago, I am also waiting for a developing workaround for nand boot, so be patient, there will be a big update within the next 2-3 weeks :)

Feel free to report BUGs, but don't forget that there won't be any updates on this in future!
    Hi there, I'm an HD2 user, and I use SD builds
    regarding the battery drain, there's little difference between NAND and SD android, I get around 7mA drain in normal mode, and ~3mA in flight mode, and the coverage is not that good in my area. some users reported ~4mA in normal mode using SD builds.
    however, SD build users get a high battery drain (~60 mA in standby) when they let winMo run for a while before starting android. basically, if you install mSkip's android loader and let it show on startup and choose android quickly, the problem should be solved. this is how it's solved for the HD2.

NAND is great actually, it's way more responsive than SD builds (whose performance depends on your SD) but SD builds are easier to change, and the margin of error is huge. so the worst thing that could happen to you using SD builds is damaging the SD card, while if you use NAND and change ROMs a lot, you could brick your device if you do anything wrong.

Hope that helps you out.
    Thanks for the work.

But,
    Handsfree Bluetoot for the car connect but no sound :(
    Radio FM No sound:(
    Video player dont work:(
    Video recorder dont work:(

if you look at the status and Schlunds remarks on the first post, you should not be surprised, nor disappointed:
    http://code.google.com/p/photon-android/issues/list
    thank you devs. for everything.
    I am using this version now. this version is verygood than winmo.

but I have a problem.can anybody help me. I have to use teamwiewer on android. I can install teamwiewer in munjeni version but I can not install on google version.

have you any idea for this problem.
    thank you

unmount sd card before to install teamviewer and mount it back after
    Hello

here http://www.ge.tt/#!/9WQPzKA

---------- Post added at 10:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 AM ----------

Hello,
    tonight at flight mode, the battery was very, very fast empty (24:00 = 70%, 07:00 = 12%).
    Stettings on WM6.5: GSM mode, not flight mode.

here we are talking about Android OS not about WM6.5