Inspire starts very slow.

Search This thread

bibleguy125

Mar 30, 2012
My phone takes a solid 5 minutes to start up. Is this normal on the Inspire? My dad has a different model HTC and it only takes a few seconds.
Would rooting and installing a different ROM help this?
Would that also help with battery life? Mine is awful.

bibleguy125

Mar 30, 2012
Yes, it is bone stock. I've had it since. Sept and am considering rooting now. 3 min is still a long time, is that normal?

Agoattamer

Jan 25, 2010
PA
If your Dad's phone only takes a few seconds then most likely it is not off but rather in hibernation or suspended. 3 minutes is about right for one that is completely off. Mine is rooted and still takes that long.

G

GuestK007

My phone takes a solid 5 minutes to start up. Is this normal on the Inspire? My dad has a different model HTC and it only takes a few seconds.
Would rooting and installing a different ROM help this?
Would that also help with battery life? Mine is awful.

A factory reset would probably be healthy for your phone at this point. I would give that a try. As far as your dad having a different phone than you, dont compare apples and oranges as it will never give you a happy feeling :) Ya I would personally just wipe it and start fresh, i have such a bad rom addiction so i never get clutter, never goes more than a couple weeks without being wiped lol.

bibleguy125

Mar 30, 2012
Okay, how about battery life? Will rooting and installing a custom Rom help that? The only way I make it through the day is if I have the juice defender app on.

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
bibleguy125 said:
Okay, how about battery life? Will rooting and installing a custom Rom help that? The only way I make it through the day is if I have the juice defender app on.

Depending on the from yes. AOSP is great for batteries. But you give up Sense and everything that comes along with it. Custom Roma tend to do better on battery but it will mostly depend on how you use and set up your device. Apps and Widgets use a lot of battery

djthebogan

Dec 30, 2011
naptown
The display is the only thing draining my battery on cm7. I recommend the 7.2 rc1 build. Very fast, smooth, stable, good looks too.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using Tapatalk 2 Beta-4

-DarthNihilus-

Apr 1, 2012
I had the same problem but a system reset did wonders. I also recommend CM7.2.

Sent from my HTC Inspire 4G using XDA Premium App