[Kernel][OC]Da_G's 1944MHz SGH-i957 LTE OC(Dec 20, 2011)

Search This thread

Presbycusis

Nov 26, 2011
Indianapolis
So I flashed the Da_g OC Kernel zip from today and it didn't seem to run very well where as with the stock kernel everything was pretty smooth. I used system tuner to overclock but it ended up going back to 1.5ghz every time I exited the program.

I decided to flash the non OC Da_g Kernel and everything seems to be running very smoothly now.

Anyone know why I might have issues with the OC kernel?

Edit: Well, non OC was running smoothly but I had Wi-Fi issues and couldn't connect to a network. I flashed back to the stock kernel and everything is as it should be. Weird.

Last edited:

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Try using nofrills, or setcpu, those work well for OCing.

I've never had a wifi problem with the kernels, but I do see instability when overclocking.

Did you adb push those lib files?

Presbycusis

Nov 26, 2011
Indianapolis
I had not pushed lib files. Stock kernel is running great for the time being but i will try OC with pushed files soon.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda premium

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
device runs fine at 1.5GHz so im ok with that. Wish my device could go higher and be stable, but oh well...

Scarchunk

Sep 14, 2008
So I flashed the Da_g OC Kernel zip from today and it didn't seem to run very well where as with the stock kernel everything was pretty smooth. I used system tuner to overclock but it ended up going back to 1.5ghz every time I exited the program.

I decided to flash the non OC Da_g Kernel and everything seems to be running very smoothly now.

Anyone know why I might have issues with the OC kernel?

Edit: Well, non OC was running smoothly but I had Wi-Fi issues and couldn't connect to a network. I flashed back to the stock kernel and everything is as it should be. Weird.

I haven't ran the OC kernel for very long, as I don't typically overclock my mobile devices(PC's are another story, love to overclock) but Da_G's root kernel has been great for me. I have noticed that if I have wifi connected when flashing between kernels that it won't connect initially. I have to toggle wifi off and then on again once. After that it connects great and no further issues.

neubauej

Nov 10, 2010
Does anyone know what the Voltages are for each frequency on this kernel? Both core and internal voltages if possible.
Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using XDA

ceyo14

Jan 16, 2011
So no more development for this one?

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

ceyo14

Jan 16, 2011
Does anyone have a download link of this? Can I get a pm with this? Please. Thanks

Sent from my PG86100 using xda premium

ceyo14

Jan 16, 2011
I'll try on the computer.. Has anyone repackaged this as cwm flashable?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I957 using xda premium

Alboy-Epi

Jun 7, 2012
Never Ever Do This!!!! :p

LOL In the mornig i make a benchmark whit antutu at oc 1.89 and everithing is fine i got the third best score XD 7550score...and after i want to make a better score so i unlock my second CPU Whit System tuner pro by 3C and i put my governor on performance and i close all app useless and close wifi bluetoot and lte and gps,,, and dime the light fort more power lol..... i remake the benchmark whit antutu and after 4sec my tab close (crashing) but never restart :confused: :eek: i said okok just reflash whit the home rom the samsung official rom but it do nothing is freeze at the logo samsung..... and i cant go in my official restore mode!!! i thing my cpu is dead....

sorry for my english im a Quebecois Guy :p

orlandoxpolice

Mar 6, 2007
Probably shouldn't have messed with the core settings in system tuner.

So you odin flashed to stock?

Can you boot into recovery or download?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Alboy-Epi

Jun 7, 2012
Yeah i put the stock samsung binary whit odin and i do what u say in the post... But same thing i cant go in the recovery mode of the samsung binary original but i can put a cwm in and is work but is change nothing for boot... When the samsung logo is show is freeze...i thing i blow my cpu XD

Yes I can go in downloads mode
For now i have a samsung oficial binary but before the bug i have the root whit oc kernel...
Whit the oficial binary i cant go in restore mode but if i put the cwm restoration yes is work...but i dont have any solution.... I thing my tab is dead blow capout (est morte tabarnak a bruler colis...a peter au fret)

Last edited:

Scarchunk

Sep 14, 2008
If your CPU was literally dead your device wouldn't function at all. The fact that you can get into download/recovery mode means its salvageable. I have gotten my tab into a similar state when experimenting with install scripts. I would try booting into cwm recovery and installing da G's kernel via a flashable zip. I always keep a flashable kernel zip on my SD for this very reason. Since you probably don't have a zip already on your card you'll probably have to push it via adb. You could also try flashing the telus package via Odin. Might get you booting again.

Alboy-Epi

Jun 7, 2012
ok i understand

U can send me a flash zip ou the telus package for my tab... To install whit odin.... I got the rom of bell telus and roger official rom samsung is heavy is average 700megand is dosent work at this time on my tab... I have previously put this stock rom in my tab and i can tell is the original rom but at this time is dosent work.... If u have a the flash of telus or the other one u have say in ur poste in a zip files u can please sent me by email or send me a link for i downloads.....my addresse email is alboy_vachon@hotmail.com thx for help to every o

Alboy-Epi

Jun 7, 2012
When i try to recharge my batterie... My tab want to go in recharge mode whit the batterie logo but is freeze when the picture of batterie is show and i need to restart go in downloads mode and plug in my power usb.... Wierd is freeze when is boot for chargind.....is not looking good lol.....(colis que sa fais chier XD on va surment trouver un solution tous emsemble...)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well fellas, I have a priliminary/test custom CWM recovery image for our device, that should be flashable by ODIN.

I have not flashed it yet, planning on doing it tomarow morning.

In the event that something goes awry, I don't want to be stressing all night long about it ;)

I will keep you all posted!
    Nothing to see here.
    I have a kernel now for testing with cwm built in. Will have the link soon.

watching progress on the captivate glide cwm i927 as we speak and it worked. ours hopefully should be similar.

we need a more testers!!! PM or reply

So i flashed the recovery. i can get into clockworkmod but there are 4 tiny menus instead of 1 large one. the commands are buggy and i cant backup.

but.....this is a working step. this means we can work off of this. so we are on good ground and we know we wont brick or mess up the device by flashing different recoveries. ty utkanos!
    Original Post Gone. Formatted and tweaked original instructions. Original post by Croak can be found quoted at the bottom of page 8. Please read entire post before asking any questions. All credit goes to Da_G.

This is ONLY for the SGH-i957 and SGH-i957M (Bell).

WARNING: THIS WILL TRIP YOUR FLASH COUNTER [aka VOID WARRANTY]

NEXT WARNING: USE OF ODIN CAN DAMAGE YOUR DEVICE IF USED INCORRECTLY. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE DUE TO FOLLOWING THESE INSTRUCTIONS. PROCEED WITH CAUTION.

Steps:
    1. Download and Install the Samsung Drivers for your device. Install Kies, or the latest mobile drivers.
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=961956
    2. Download Da_G's overclock kernel.
    http://www.ponack.net/TPC/dagnarf/sgh-i957-oc-kernel-dag-1944mhz.tar
    3. Download Odin 1.85
    http://www.multiupload.com/0EMX1J7RZJ
    3. Open Odin 1.85 as administrator
    4. Place the OC kernel .tar file in the PDA slot. (Make sure you do not have any boxes in the options panel checked besides the ones that were checked when opening the program - should only be auto reboot and f.reset time)
    5. Place the tablet in download mode. Hold vol up + vol down and hold power until the device powers on into download mode. Hit volume up to proceed after the warning screen
    6. Plug the tablet into the computer on a main usb slot and it will be detected by Odin in one of the ID:COM slots (will appear as yellow)
    7. Hit Start - the OC kernel should will be flashed to the tablet. Tablet will restart.
    8. Go into market and download NoFrills
    9. Set Max. Clock Freq. to 1.728, 1.782, 1.836, 1.89, or 1.944 GHz. Set your min clock speed to 192 MHz if desired. If you run into problems, set your I/O scheduler to noop instead of cfq. DO NOT CLICK 'APPLY ON BOOT' UNLESS YOU HAVE THOUROUGHLY TESTED THE STABILITY OF THE DEVICE AT THE SET GHz!!!

If you are unhappy for any reason and wish to go back to stock kernel - you can flash the stock kernel back using steps 3-7 above with the below file.
    http://ponack.net/TPC/dagnarf/stock-kernel-odin-image-for-sgh-i957.tar

If you are still experiencing instability at any speed above 1.566 GHz, there are certain .so files (libhardware_legacy.so, librpc.so, and libtalk_jni.so) which limit speeds and can override the OC sometimes. Da_G modified these files which can be pushed to the device through adb commands. I won't explain how to get ADB working, it can be found on XDA elsewhere.

Link to .so files
    http://www.ponack.net/TPC/dagnarf/moddedfiles-i957.zip

ADB Commands (do the following once for each file in the .zip):
    adb remount
    adb push filename.so /system/lib/
    adb shell
    chmod 644 /system/lib/filename.so

Edit by Da_G: Here is a link to the requisite source, always up to date! https://github.com/dagnarf/i957kernel
    we arent out of the woods yet. there are a few issues we are working out. samsung did some weird stuff with this tablet.....but we wont brick it which is ok. give us a day or two more. hop in IRC if you want.

edit: got into 1 menu cwm with single toggles. very nice. also very late so we will continue tomorrow. good stuff happening.