ROM Upload site

Which site in opinion works best

• Total voters
Search This thread

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
Hi, On krazy's request I am starting this poll. A lot of us have trouble downloading for one site or the other (like I have trouble downloading from skydrive).
So Please participate in this poll and let us know which you think best.
Rapidshare is not added since it requires a premium account to be worth uploading.
1. Megaupload.com
2. ziddu.com
3. drivehq.com : Its my favourite, requires an account (which is free) and but it supports RESUME!.
4. skydrive

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
Guyz, you are getting free ROMs from these great chefs, and participating in a poll will not cost you money. This will only help the chefs / cookers to uplod their ROMs in a site that will make most people happy. 100 visits 11 votes so far. :mad:

krazy_about_technology

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
@Addicted: ya it seems so :) I too dont have problem with 4shared. But for me, Skydrive is the no 1 option as it uploads a typical rom within 17-20 Mins on my 256kbps connection. 2nd is 4shared, with its upload manager, it takes 30 mins to upload but its buggy and drops connection sometime. At third, its Megaupload. Upload speed is around 25 mins but they dont keep files if they are not downloaded for a specified period :|

@hksin1988: Buddy, whats the meaning of your siggy, The HKS? i think your username is also derived from it :)

Addicted2xda

Jan 13, 2008
Kolkata, India
@Addicted: ya it seems so :) I too dont have problem with 4shared. But for me, Skydrive is the no 1 option as it uploads a typical rom within 17-20 Mins on my 256kbps connection. 2nd i.......

Thats pretty weird! In my case it longest to download from skydrive, normally I have to try atleast 4 to 5 times before its successfully downloaded :confused:. So may be for once its a site which has faster upload speed than download speed :D.

hksin1988

Apr 5, 2008
Jodhpur
Sorry, there is no option to add / remove anything from the Poll :(. So if possible please make a selection from the list. Mediafire completely slipped my mind. Sorry buddy:eek:

but mediafire could b best site ever...

anyways from above sites .....i hv no problem with any.....

m getting appox same speed in all....but skydrive is my personal choice ...cuz its so simple...

krazy_about_technology

Retired Recognized Developer
Nov 3, 2008
Pune
Xiaomi 11T Pro
Ya man, mediafire looks absolutely superb. I am getting 307 kbps upload rates on my 256 kbps connection :eek: I am sure the download speed would be good too, they have no limits on how long they will keep the file, they dont let you wait before downloading (not sure though) and the upload manager is super fine. Just they dont allow file sizes greater than 100 MB but what the heck, our roms are always withing 60 MB range. I think i will try it for uploading the next version of Pro Users ROM, which i am planning for next week as of now.

Last edited:

hksin1988

Apr 5, 2008
Jodhpur
Ya man, mediafire looks absolutely superb. I am getting 307 kbps upload rates on my 256 kbps connection :eek: I am sure the download speed would be good too, they have no limits on how long they will keep the file, they dont let you wait before downloading (not sure though) and the upload manager is super fine. Just they dont allow file sizes greater than 100 MB but what the heck, our roms are always withing 60 MB range. I think i will try it for uploading the next version of Pro Users ROM, which i am planning for next week as of now.

yeaaa man......thts wht i was talkin abt........

thanks for ur right decision...
mediafire is best in every aspect...its free, unlimited and superb speed....
getting upto 2.2 mbps (280-290KBps in IDM) in downloading,.,,